GM is doing AWESOME

Because AIG etc insured the crappe, bundled it, and sold it around the world. CRA is only the story for hater/dupes. Scammers are the story. Big and HUGE scammers..

AIG, do you even know what they do?

You're still a racist piece of shit. What you left out from the analysis:

This from another study done by the California Federal Reserve:

http://www.richmondfed.org/conferen..._in_low_and_moderate_income_neighborhoods.pdf

Both studies agree that the biggest problem were independent brokers, who are notregulated by CRA, and real estate agents steering people to them. Well guess what idiot, the people they were steering were more often black and Hispanic. This is where the subprime lending was happening. It's also where the minorities were more likely to be the victims.

You still a race baiting liar.

]
nope I just pointed out the facts in YOUR article....and again why would wallstreet JUST LOAN people money that couldnt pay? where is the money in that? Again logic is not a liberal's strong suit, I understand, but they just didnt wake up one day and say, hey lets go get black folks homes and jack up the rates so they get forclosed on and we're stuck with a pile of houses.....yeah what a great idea!!!!!!!!!

No, what you did was pick a few facts in that article, out of context, to support your racist lie. You omitted those facts that demonstrate that it wasn't CRA institutions that were responsible for 94% of subprime loans. You omitted the fact in the analysis that showed that CRA institutions originated mortgages were almost half as likely to be forclosed.

Countrywide wasn't a CRA institution.

Prosecuting Wall Street - CBS News

In 2007, Foster sent a team to the Boston area to search several branch offices of Countrywide's subprime division - the division that lent to borrowers with poor credit. The investigators rummaged through the office's recycling bins and found evidence that Countrywide loan officers were forging and manipulating borrowers' income and asset statements to help them get loans they weren't qualified for and couldn't afford.

Foster: All of the-- the recycle bins, whenever we looked through those they were full of, you know, signatures that had been cut off of one document and put onto another and then photocopied, you know, or faxed and then the-- you know, the creation thrown-- thrown in the recycle bin.

Countrywide wouldn't have been stuck with those houses, since they weren't the lender. Damn you're an idiot.

Well go slower

In fact, federal regulators

actively hindered consumer protection at the state level, ruling that strong state anti-predatory
lending laws could not be enforced on nationally-chartered banks or thrifts.

This is a quote from YOUR article, not mine. NOW WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS????????????????? after this answer we'll continue

]
nope I just pointed out the facts in YOUR article....and again why would wallstreet JUST LOAN people money that couldnt pay? where is the money in that? Again logic is not a liberal's strong suit, I understand, but they just didnt wake up one day and say, hey lets go get black folks homes and jack up the rates so they get forclosed on and we're stuck with a pile of houses.....yeah what a great idea!!!!!!!!!

No, what you did was pick a few facts in that article, out of context, to support your racist lie. You omitted those facts that demonstrate that it wasn't CRA institutions that were responsible for 94% of subprime loans. You omitted the fact in the analysis that showed that CRA institutions originated mortgages were almost half as likely to be forclosed.

In 2007, Foster sent a team to the Boston area to search several branch offices of Countrywide's subprime division - the division that lent to borrowers with poor credit. The investigators rummaged through the office's recycling bins and found evidence that Countrywide loan officers were forging and manipulating borrowers' income and asset statements to help them get loans they weren't qualified for and couldn't afford.

Foster: All of the-- the recycle bins, whenever we looked through those they were full of, you know, signatures that had been cut off of one document and put onto another and then photocopied, you know, or faxed and then the-- you know, the creation thrown-- thrown in the recycle bin.

Countrywide wouldn't have been stuck with those houses, since they weren't the lender. Damn you're an idiot.

Well go slower

actively hindered consumer protection at the state level, ruling that strong state anti-predatory

This is a quote from YOUR article, not mine. NOW WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS????????????????? after this answer we'll continue

Are you abandoning your racist position that CRA was a key cause of the collapse? Or do you just want to move the goalposts and talk about something else that sucked under Bush? Of course Bush's people were usually phony insiders, that didn't give a fuck about enforcing regulations. Who didn't know that?

We're still talking about independent mortgage brokers, like Countrywide using predatory lending practices, as well as outright fraud to give uncreditworthy people loans out of someone else's pocket.

Well go slower

Are you abandoning your racist position that CRA was a key cause of the collapse? Or do you just want to move the goalposts and talk about something else that sucked under Bush? Of course Bush's people were usually phony insiders, that didn't give a fuck about enforcing regulations. Who didn't know that?

We're still talking about independent mortgage brokers, like Countrywide using predatory lending practices, as well as outright fraud to give uncreditworthy people loans out of someone else's pocket.

You have no idea what you are talking about, have you ever heard of the Equal Housing Act, no one could be denied dumb ass, no matter what the product was...

Stick to Dick Tucking, it suits you better...

Well go slower

OK so now you blame regulators UNDER BUSH, so now it is regulators, but we're gonna blame BUSH. Oh most of those people are lifelong people...LOOK man, you want to call people racist and blame republicans even though you are dead wrong, as usual, I stand by my post that used your source and kicked your ass, including the above quote.....I mean the Bush regulators were as good as say Obama's oil rig regualators.....and yes that's a mocking tone, because you're a partisan nitwit......that only sees what you want to see.....GM is AWESOME (where have I seen that). so until you grow up and use logic, reason and truth, take a hike, when you dicover those three things, we'll talk.

Well go slower

You have no idea what you are talking about, have you ever heard of the Equal Housing Act, no one could be denied dumb ass, no matter what the product was...

Another clueless idiot. The Equal Housing Act means you can't discriminate to buyers or renters, based on race or ethnicity. It has nothing to do with subprime and predatory lending. Were you home schooled by mental patients?

Well go slower

no it's not the law or regulation, it's the banks...wait it'sthe Bush regulators, what a stunning arguremnt from these people. Liberal policies never fail and never have unintended consequnces, these people are religious crusaders (aka zealots), I owned him with his own artilce along with a quick sprinkling of wiki and he still hasnt come close to refuting it....ugggggg

Volt sales rebounding from all the BULLSHYTTE attacks from the BULLSHYTTE Pub propaganda machine, a total disgrace, dupes.

3 X nothing is still nothing.

To bad other industries can't get the kind of government handouts this loser has.

Why don't you drive one right up your oversized ass and then move to Cuba.

If the democrats really can't do a better job of finding people who can speak to issues, you guys are screwed in 2012.

Why is the federal government in the electric car business ?

Show me where that is found in the U.S. constitution.

Well go slower

OK so now you blame regulators UNDER BUSH, so now it is regulators, but we're gonna blame BUSH. Oh most of those people are lifelong people...LOOK man, you want to call people racist and blame republicans even though you are dead wrong, as usual, I stand by my post that used your source and kicked your ass, including the above quote.....I mean the Bush regulators were as good as say Obama's oil rig regualators.....and yes that's a mocking tone, because you're a partisan nitwit......that only sees what you want to see.....GM is AWESOME (where have I seen that). so until you grow up and use logic, reason and truth, take a hike, when you dicover those three things, we'll talk.

Yes, Bush's regulators were complicit. The career people didn't make the enforcement decisions. They were done by Bush appointees, and their hand picked SES people.

The bigger culprits were the independent brokers, which are much less regulated, and investment banks creating a completely unregulated product, knowing there were subprime loans in the mix. The independents were the ones who were using outright predatory practices, and outright fraud, to essentially victimize people with poor credit. They didn't care because they didn't have any skin in the game until the collapse.

Trying to blame CRA, shows that you are a piece of racist filth. The facts are there, you just don't want to put the blame where it belongs. 56% of the foreclosures were white. CRA mortgages were almost half as likely to result in foreclosure than those originated by independent mortgage companies. CRA institutions only accounted for 6% of subprime loans, the majority of which were refinancing and home equity loans.

Yes, Bush's regulators were complicit. The career people didn't make the enforcement decisions. They were done by Bush appointees, and their hand picked SES people.

The bigger culprits were the independent brokers, which are much less regulated, and investment banks creating a completely unregulated product, knowing there were subprime loans in the mix. The independents were the ones who were using outright predatory practices, and outright fraud, to essentially victimize people with poor credit. They didn't care because they didn't have any skin in the game until the collapse.

Trying to blame CRA, shows that you are a piece of racist filth. The facts are there, you just don't want to put the blame where it belongs. 56% of the foreclosures were white. CRA mortgages were almost half as likely to result in foreclosure than those originated by independent mortgage companies. CRA institutions only accounted for 6% of subprime loans, the majority of which were refinancing and home equity loans.

Oh please more talking points....stop reading mother jones. AGAIN WHY would the independant brokers loan to people who couldnt pay, HOW do you make money on that?

Look man your article spells it out, minorities got hammered regulators didnt enforce regulations so that people could get homes that shouldnt have been getting them. Cuomo predicted this would happen, just not to the degree it did, he stated that '

Here is a longer cut (you'll know all the liberal buzzwords)

Who was denied credit? (hint he didnt say whites) The bank has agreed to change it's practices(and of course the governemtn issued no threats or had anything to do with it)...hmmmmmmmmmm interesting

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr1M1T2Y314&feature=related"]How The Democrats Caused The Financial Crisis: Starring Bill Clinton's HUD Secretary Andrew Cuomo And Barack Obama; With Special Guest Appearances By Bill Clinton And Jimmy Carter - YouTube[/ame]

Oh wait, settlement, that means the government twisted arms.
To quote the Bamster they started out as a good idea....ooops unintended consequences and making banks loan to people they KNEW couldnt pay, alot of talk about risk, yet they still did it. They thought they could manage it and they couldnt......so lets NOT do this again, with say GM.....

Last edited:

Gotta wonder what all those fucked-over former bondholders think of stuff like this.

They're buying Fords. Man I'd be pissed. We have an awesome stick on the ice financial chick up here Diane Francis who was trying desperately to explain the insanity of the Obama takeovers of these car companies.

And that people to this day don't realize he pulled a Chavez. That's sad. That's pitiful that not only people don't understand what happened or grasp a fathom of what happened but then they turn around and applaud it.

The private sector is doing fine !

Oh please more talking points....stop reading mother jones. AGAIN WHY would the independant brokers loan to people who couldnt pay, HOW do you make money on that?

Look man your article spells it out, minorities got hammered regulators didnt enforce regulations so that people could get homes that shouldnt have been getting them. Cuomo predicted this would happen, just not to the degree it did, he stated that '

Who was denied credit? (hint he didnt say whites) The bank has agreed to change it's practices(and of course the governemtn issued no threats or had anything to do with it)...hmmmmmmmmmm interesting

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr1M1T2Y314&feature=related"]How The Democrats Caused The Financial Crisis: Starring Bill Clinton's HUD Secretary Andrew Cuomo And Barack Obama; With Special Guest Appearances By Bill Clinton And Jimmy Carter - YouTube[/ame]

To quote the Bamster they started out as a good idea....ooops unintended consequences and making banks loan to people they KNEW couldnt pay, alot of talk about risk, yet they still did it. They thought they could manage it and they couldnt......so lets NOT do this again, with say GM.....

You're a fucking moron and a racist piece of shit.

Come on and tell me again how the CRA caused the problem, since every fact shows that you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground. One more time, asshole:

56% of the foreclosures were white. CRA mortgages were almost half as likely to result in foreclosure than those originated by independent mortgage companies. CRA institutions only accounted for 6% of subprime loans, the majority of which were refinancing and home equity loans.

Those aren't Mother Jones talking points idiot, those are facts. Now go crawl back under your rock and try to keep your sheet outfit clean.

Come on and tell me again how the CRA caused the problem, since every fact shows that you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground. One more time, asshole:

56% of the foreclosures were white. CRA mortgages were almost half as likely to result in foreclosure than those originated by independent mortgage companies. CRA institutions only accounted for 6% of subprime loans, the majority of which were refinancing and home equity loans.

Those aren't Mother Jones talking points idiot, those are facts. Now go crawl back under your rock and try to keep your sheet outfit clean.

Obviously you cant read, your article states the regulations from the states were superceded by the federal governemtn and they wanted LESS regulation on these loans. And the one I posted said vitually the same thing and Andre Cuomo spelled it out for you.

EVERYONE Said these were RISKY loans.....THIS IS NOT NEW......AND the loans and the "settlements" with the banks to force them to loan to people who couldnt pay, BACKFIRED....OBAMA said they were risky when he was with ACORN, WTF DO YOU WANT????? BANKS were not lending to these people because they couldnt pay, a forclosure SUCKS for a bank, THEY do not want that to happen..... And if the loans were so predatory, WHY DID Fanny and Freddie pick them up????? My God man, you need to get off you racist, Bush did it talking points....I'm not racist and Bush did not do it...The policy was started by Clinton with Cuomo and Bush continued it....

It's not just the CRA...in fact i've talked very little about the CRA, check my posts, it's they relaxed regulation (normally I'm all for it) but in this case it meant they forced banks (SETTLEMENT is where they accused the banks of being RACIST and forced them to loan to people who couldnt pay, and yes that includes whites, asians, white-hispanics, not just blacks, BU The policy was designed to increase minority home ownership, a worthy goal, but you CAN NOT FORCE THAT FROM A CENTRAL COMMITTEE TYPE OF STRUCTURE, which they tried to do and found out, the people who couldnt pay before, still couldnt pay. WATCH THE VIDEO. COMMENT ON THE VIDEO OR YOUR PAPER, ALL YOU DO IS GIVE ME 6%, I could give a rats ass about that. The CRA was changed and then regulation was eased to allow this, I've said it a million different ways.

Good Post. I don't have the energy to deconstruct this kind of bullshit, so keep up the good work.

I love the way these turds have a few talking points that seem to support their point, but a better understanding of the facts shows what lying morons they are. Too bad the general public is too ignorant and apathetic to understand the facts. The propaganda spewed by the turds relies on that fact.

How The Democrats Caused The Financial Crisis: Starring Bill Clinton's HUD Secretary Andrew Cuomo And Barack Obama; With Special Guest Appearances By Bill Clinton And Jimmy Carter - YouTube

Obviously you cant read, your article states the regulations from the states were superceded by the federal governemtn and they wanted LESS regulation on these loans. And the one I posted said vitually the same thing and Andre Cuomo spelled it out for you.

EVERYONE Said these were RISKY loans.....THIS IS NOT NEW......AND the loans and the "settlements" with the banks to force them to loan to people who couldnt pay, BACKFIRED....OBAMA said they were risky when he was with ACORN, WTF DO YOU WANT????? BANKS were not lending to these people because they couldnt pay, a forclosure SUCKS for a bank, THEY do not want that to happen..... And if the loans were so predatory, WHY DID Fanny and Freddie pick them up????? My God man, you need to get off you racist, Bush did it talking points....I'm not racist and Bush did not do it...The policy was started by Clinton with Cuomo and Bush continued it....

It's not just the CRA...in fact i've talked very little about the CRA, check my posts, it's they relaxed regulation (normally I'm all for it) but in this case it meant they forced banks (SETTLEMENT is where they accused the banks of being RACIST and forced them to loan to people who couldnt pay, and yes that includes whites, asians, white-hispanics, not just blacks, BU The policy was designed to increase minority home ownership, a worthy goal, but you CAN NOT FORCE THAT FROM A CENTRAL COMMITTEE TYPE OF STRUCTURE, which they tried to do and found out, the people who couldnt pay before, still couldnt pay. WATCH THE VIDEO. COMMENT ON THE VIDEO OR YOUR PAPER, ALL YOU DO IS GIVE ME 6%, I could give a rats ass about that. The CRA was changed and then regulation was eased to allow this, I've said it a million different ways.

How The Democrats Caused The Financial Crisis: Starring Bill Clinton's HUD Secretary Andrew Cuomo And Barack Obama; With Special Guest Appearances By Bill Clinton And Jimmy Carter - YouTube

"It's not just the CRA"? Are you a total retard, as well as being a racist scumbag? CRA lending was shown to be twice as safe as independent mortgage originators. Why not put them up as an example of how to do things right, rather than making your racist lying claim that they were part of the cause?

No dude, you either can't read the simple facts, or are such a racist piece of pond scum that you'll lie to accuse CRA as being the primary cause of our meltdown, when the exact opposite is true. Invite me to your next cross burning, so I can piss on it.

Forum List

Back