GM is becoming China Motors

The bailout of GM helped them out of a hurting situation, because if the suppliers to GM and Chrysler went down, Toyota of America would have been very negatively affected. They didn't whine, they straight up said that our Government needed to step in and save all the auto makers in the US. I posted referances to that time to support what I said, all you have done is flap your ignorant yap. Care to post where other auto manufacturers thought the bailout was a bad move?

By the way, polesmoker - since when did/does GM supply parts to Toyota? (this should be a pant-loading laugh....)

I realize you dumb ass ideologues would like the see this nation in a real Depression. But the rest of us do not care to see the Second Great Republican Depression. The First Great Republican Depression was bad enough.

We bailed out GM and Chrysler, and the policy was a success. Live with it.

I realize you dumb ass ideologues would like the see this nation in a real Depression. But the rest of us do not care to see the Second Great Republican Depression. The First Great Republican Depression was bad enough.

We bailed out GM and Chrysler, and the policy was a success. Live with it.

Still waiting to see where Toyota lobbied for GM. Got a link?

Also - still waiting to see where Toyota buys parts from GM. Got a link for that too?

Or are both of these just in the windmills of your fucking mind.

The bailout of GM helped them out of a hurting situation, because if the suppliers to GM and Chrysler went down, Toyota of America would have been very negatively affected. They didn't whine, they straight up said that our Government needed to step in and save all the auto makers in the US. I posted referances to that time to support what I said, all you have done is flap your ignorant yap. Care to post where other auto manufacturers thought the bailout was a bad move?

By the way, polesmoker - since when did/does GM supply parts to Toyota? (this should be a pant-loading laugh....)

Still intent on proving how totally ignorant you are?

Why Asian automakers want a federal bailout of U.S. industry - Dec. 15, 2008

The overseas automakers, who between them produce more than 3 million vehicles a year at U.S. plants, all worry their production would be hurt if one of the U.S. automakers went under. That's because a Big Three failure would likely lead to widespread bankruptcies in the auto parts supplier industry.

Erich Merkle, lead auto analyst with the consulting firm Crowe Horwath LLP, said there is much overlap between the automakers' suppliers. Since most parts in an automobile have only a single supplier producing them, the disruptions in production will be severe and prolonged.

"It could take months for a Toyota to work through that and resume normal production," he said.

Merkle said the current network of auto suppliers, manufacturers and dealerships has worked well for the overseas automakers, who have posted steady gains in their U.S. market share during the past few years.

The overseas automakers, who between them produce more than 3 million vehicles a year at U.S. plants, all worry their production would be hurt if one of the U.S. automakers went under. That's because a Big Three failure would likely lead to widespread bankruptcies in the auto parts supplier industry.

Erich Merkle, lead auto analyst with the consulting firm Crowe Horwath LLP, said there is much overlap between the automakers' suppliers. Since most parts in an automobile have only a single supplier producing them, the disruptions in production will be severe and prolonged.

"It could take months for a Toyota to work through that and resume normal production," he said.

Merkle said the current network of auto suppliers, manufacturers and dealerships has worked well for the overseas automakers, who have posted steady gains in their U.S. market share during the past few years.

Still waiting for the link where Toyota buys/uses GM parts.

Thanks assbrain... no rush. Whenever you sober up and get around to it.

So you flap-yap again and do not even acknowledge what Toyota and the rest of the foreign auto makers with plants in the US actually stated. That is typical of you "Conservatives". All mouth and no brains. And totally out of touch with reality.

So you flap-yap again and do not even acknowledge what Toyota and the rest of the foreign auto makers with plants in the US actually stated. That is typical of you "Conservatives". All mouth and no brains. And totally out of touch with reality.

I don't give a fuck what they stated, assbreath. I stated Toyota never asked for a handout - and you start with this auto parts bullshit.
Apples and oranges.

The point I was trying to make (let me dumb it down)

Toyota didn't ask for a federal bailout becuase they are a successful automobile manufacturer.

GM asked for a federal bailout, because they are a failure as an automobile manufacturer.

They should have died on the vine, vs. getting pumped full of taxpayer's (less yours) money.

Now STFU, you knuckle dragging welfare queen.

conservatives have a little bit of problem dealing with the actions of corporations.

They dont get it that what the right wants is for Corps to have the freedom to do whatever they want.

Then they think they have some right to get mad at what it is the corps do.

Look you disgruntled brained CONS anything the corps do that you dont like is NONE of your fucking business if you hold the republican line on how we should treat Corporations.

YOU are the ones fighting for them to be abel to do what they want.

So stop PRETENDING to be outraged at ANYTHING they do.

Its what you fight for.

I don't know about anyone else, but I want GM to make a profit. It's how the taxpayers will get their money back. They can't make a profit if they aren't competing globally. All the major car manufacturers make cars IN China.

So - this bailout - which anyone with half a brain opposed - the one where the government took our money (taxpayers) to bail out GM... we're getting it paid back to us?

How idiotic are you?

I didn't see Honda, Ford, Toyota or Hyundai whining for a handout.

GM should have went under like the bad business they are. I wouldn't have lost any sleep over it.

I thought the bailout was about saving American jobs not Chinese.

STFU you idiot.

Mayby you didn't have a problem with your tax dollars going to bail out mismanaged union pensions and GM but I sure as hell did.

No way should tax dollars bail out any private company. They should have been allowed to go into bankrupcy and reorganized.

Oh wait. I forgot. They did go bankrupt even after getting our tax dollars to bail out their mismanged pension funds.

They still haven't payed us back and I wonder if they ever will.

It's my fucking business what GM does because it took money from me and my brothers and sisters to keep operating. I wouldn't give two flying shits what GM did if they weren't asking for our money to keep their failed business model rolling.

That's what you LOLberals can't seem to wrap your tiny minds around. I have no problem with GM diversifying into foreign markets. What I do have a problem with, is that GM would not even be on the map right now if it didn't beg for tax dollars to keep a failed business afloat. Only to turn around and flip us the bird by making more of its production in foreign markets where Americans aren't reaping any benfits from their "loan" they haven't repayed yet.

I realize this goes right over the head of all LOLberals. Because you're economically inept and in need of serious remediation.

Last edited:
why do you pretend the corps should or should NOT do anything when your whole platform is about letting them do WHATEVER they want to do?

you people are psychotic

I know libs like to brag that GM is doing well. Not helping American workers though.

General Motors is becoming China Motors
General Motors is becoming China Motors Mirror - YouTube

Not sure if you know this, but we are living in a global market. When it comes to cars, the fact is that very soon more new cars will be sold in China than in the US. Would you suggest that GM should dodge that market?

Man, you guys come up with some funny shit. You complain about American companies not growing and when they try to expand into other markets you complain about that. For Christ sake, get your story straight.

Very true, but I hope they don't start making all the parts and glup all the cars over there! If the cars made over their were made of American parts then I think this is great, but if you read between the lines it could go like this:
(1) All auto parts made in China (most are still made here) like our electronics.
(2) R & D that was previously in America are now in China.
(3) The US manufacturers will move to lower waged assemblers.

I don't know about anyone else, but I want GM to make a profit. It's how the taxpayers will get their money back. They can't make a profit if they aren't competing globally. All the major car manufacturers make cars IN China.

So do you want all companies to make a profit? So, you like the idea of millions of jobs leaving America for bigger profits?

It's my fucking business what GM does because it took money from me and my brothers and sisters to keep operating. I wouldn't give two flying shits what GM did if they weren't asking for our money to keep their failed business model rolling.

That's what you LOLberals can't seem to wrap your tiny minds around. I have no problem with GM diversifying into foreign markets. What I do have a problem with, is that GM would not even be on the map right now if it didn't beg for tax dollars to keep a failed business afloat. Only to turn around and flip us the bird by making more of its production in foreign markets where Americans aren't reaping any benfits from their "loan" they haven't repayed yet.

I realize this goes right over the head of all LOLberals. Because you're economically inept and in need of serious remediation.

why do you pretend the corps should or should NOT do anything when your whole platform is about letting them do WHATEVER they want to do?

you people are psychotic

Like I said, right over your head. Color me shocked. :lmao:

Cheap labor is the magic elixir that will solve all our econimc problems.

you people are psychotic

Like I said, right over your head. Color me shocked. :lmao:

dude your the one complaining about the corps doing something when you want them to do anything they wish.

THE RIGHT has no ground to complain about what the corps do.

Your their buttboys remember

Not sure if you know this, but we are living in a global market. When it comes to cars, the fact is that very soon more new cars will be sold in China than in the US. Would you suggest that GM should dodge that market?

Man, you guys come up with some funny shit. You complain about American companies not growing and when they try to expand into other markets you complain about that. For Christ sake, get your story straight.

Most of the GM vehicles are being made in China.

Most of the ones they are selling in China are being made in China, yes, and that is because GM is selling more cars in China than in the US. And because the market is expanding so fast, they will have some new plants in China with excess inventory, so a few cars may end up being shipped back to the US for sale in the US. But by no means are they building cars in China with the intent of sending them back to the the US while shutting down US plants.

But hey, maybe we should suggest that they stop selling cars to the Chinese. I mean just because they are selling more cars there than here, that shouldn't make them focus on China. Hell, they shouldn't even be selling cars to those Commie Bastards. :cuckoo:

When the first plants were moving over to China, people said only a few will go. Now entire industries have vanished from the US. It starts slowly, but the auto industry could go that route and we let another industry go without a fight!

Companies will take advantage of other countries, but China is different. (1) They have ZERO intellectual property laws, therefore, they steal without any thoughts of getting sued, (2) They manipulate their currency to make their exports dirt cheap.

Right now with the cost of shipping and China's rising wages, makes manufacturing in US for US markets cheaper, HOWEVER, with China's WTO violating currency manipulation it's still cheaper to manufacture in China for US markets.

We can compete with the 3rd world. That is obvious from our surplus with all the CAFTA nations, but we need to start being smarter about how we deal with a few countries: China esp, but also Mexico, Japan and South Korea!

Forum List

Back