GM highest profits EVER

I'm saying they own undervalued stock, but there is no "debt" to "pay back."

However, if they continue to do as well as they are now, the stock will likely rebound. So from your vantage point, the best way to "Pay back" is to continue doing well. :thup:

They owe the taxpayer the money used to buy the stock.

They don't 'owe' the taxpayer, they 'are' the taxpayer. And no, they don't owe anything. They own undervalued stock, that's all.

When Icahn bought Yahoo and it tanked, did Yahoo 'owe' Icahn money?

GM is not a taxpayer it is a company.

WE were robbed of our tax dollars to buy stock in that company hence WE should be paid back. No one forced Icahn to buy Yahoo. WE were forced to buy GM stock even if we didn't want to and I sure as fuck didn't want to.

Last edited:
It's a non-sequitur, and your contemporary is a simpleton.

Translated only UAW Jobs and pensions are important to the libs and GM still owes tax payers 20 billion dollars:cuckoo:

What am I going to sit here and argue with you? Try to reason with someone who refuses reason?

There's no debate here. You're wrong, end of story.

In a report to Congress, the U.S. Treasury has said it expects to lose even more money on bailouts of domestic automakers than previously expected. According to The Detroit News, the Treasury now expects to lose $23.77 billion on the $85 billion bailout package, up from the $23.6 billion loss predicted in fall 2011.

The bailout loans were given to Detroit automakers Chrysler Group and General Motors in 2009, helping the companies stay afloat and avoid bankruptcies while they restructured. Because GM’s stock price has slipped over the last six months, the Treasury would lose a significant amount of money if it were to sell of its shares in the company.

The Treasury reportedly holds 500 million shares in GM, a 26.5-percent stake. In order to break even on the auto loans, the government would need to sell each of those shares for about $53. Currently, The News reports that GM stock is trading for less than $25 — less than half what’s needed for the Treasury to recoup its bailout investment. When GM filed its initial public offering in 2010, each share traded for $33.

The Treasury also expects to lose about $1.3 billion on its bailout of Chrysler Group. Last summer, new owner Fiat paid $625 million to buy out the remaining Chrysler shares held by the U.S. and Canadian governments. However, another $1.3 billion is still owed by the since-dissolved “Old Chrysler” and has been written off as a loss by the Treasury

Read more: New Report Says Treasury Will Lose $23.77 Billion on Bailouts of Chrysler, GM - WOT on Motor Trend

Translated only UAW Jobs and pensions are important to the libs and GM still owes tax payers 20 billion dollars:cuckoo:

What am I going to sit here and argue with you? Try to reason with someone who refuses reason?

In a report to Congress, the U.S. Treasury has said it expects to lose even more money on bailouts of domestic automakers than previously expected. According to The Detroit News, the Treasury now expects to lose $23.77 billion on the $85 billion bailout package, up from the $23.6 billion loss predicted in fall 2011.

The bailout loans were given to Detroit automakers Chrysler Group and General Motors in 2009, helping the companies stay afloat and avoid bankruptcies while they restructured. Because GM’s stock price has slipped over the last six months, the Treasury would lose a significant amount of money if it were to sell of its shares in the company.

The Treasury reportedly holds 500 million shares in GM, a 26.5-percent stake. In order to break even on the auto loans, the government would need to sell each of those shares for about $53. Currently, The News reports that GM stock is trading for less than $25 — less than half what’s needed for the Treasury to recoup its bailout investment. When GM filed its initial public offering in 2010, each share traded for $33.

The Treasury also expects to lose about $1.3 billion on its bailout of Chrysler Group. Last summer, new owner Fiat paid $625 million to buy out the remaining Chrysler shares held by the U.S. and Canadian governments. However, another $1.3 billion is still owed by the since-dissolved “Old Chrysler” and has been written off as a loss by the Treasury

Read more: New Report Says Treasury Will Lose $23.77 Billion on Bailouts of Chrysler, GM - WOT on Motor Trend

Translation:

Taxpayers will lose 23.77 billion dollars.

Translation:

The return to taxpayers is in the form of stock. You only lose or gain if you sell. The government, in its wisdom, sold Chrysler shares short. Can't really blame GM or Chrysler for that.

The return to taxpayers is in the form of stock. You only lose or gain if you sell. The government, in its wisdom, sold Chrysler shares short. Can't really blame GM or Chrysler for that.

Exactly what we're saying, the government hasn't a clue what they are doing. And yes we can blame Chrysler for that, they're the ones that put themselves in that position to start with.

Translation:

That's not technically true, at least not yet. We of course (the taxpayers that is) hold the stock, IF it goes up enough we could actually realize a profit. Of course the opposite is also true, if it hits rock bottom we're going to lose our shirts.

It can be argued just how badly GM going bankrupt would have hurt the economy as a whole, it can't be argued that the USG has no business using our taxpayer monies for venture capitalism. There isn't a person alive who TRULY believes that that is constitutional.

That's not technically true, at least not yet. We of course (the taxpayers that is) hold the stock, IF it goes up enough we could actually realize a profit. Of course the opposite is also true, if it hits rock bottom we're going to lose our shirts.

It can be argued just how badly GM going bankrupt would have hurt the economy as a whole, it can't be argued that the USG has no business using our taxpayer monies for venture capitalism. There isn't a person alive who TRULY believes that that is constitutional.

Well except for maybe Obama. :confused:

So righties will you claim this victory or will you give Obama the credit?

Here we go again....

or will you give Obama the credit?
[/QUOTE]

Every god damm friggin day we have to give credit to the almighty Obama....
If this President doesn't get thanked,or praised,or acknowledged for whatever
his minions are there to point out the fact that Obama hasn't gotten the credit.

You guys wanna erect statues,build altars,hold parades or get on your knees.
Be my guest....

Enough with this idol worship.. :eusa_hand:

No more Corporate Welfare. And shame on all you OWS/Democrats on this Board who are celebrating this. You are as dishonest and hyprocritical as it gets.

Here we go again....

or will you give Obama the credit?

his minions are there to point out the fact that Obama hasn't gotten the credit.

Be my guest....

"deliver us Obama"..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9t6abs7uPg]Prayer to Obama? - Idol Worship replaces God - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Be my guest....

"deliver us Obama"..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9t6abs7uPg]Prayer to Obama? - Idol Worship replaces God - YouTube[/ame]

You have got to be friggin kidding me.....

Please tell me that I am in some drug induced haze or something.
Did I really see that...... :eek:

Are these people allowed out on the streets by themselves?
They have to have guardians or something I hope.
They function in our society.
They are out there among us now?.....

God help us.

GM has its higher profits ever.

Thanks, President Obama.

Fuck you, Mitt Romney.

How can you win with the left wing? They have the political argument surrounded with B.S. The radicals claim they hate corporate America except when the freaking administration controls it. Now they brag that G.M. is making the "highest profit ever" when they want to kill every other executive on Wall Street.

I work at a franchise GM dealership and have for a fairly long time. I was not happy about the bailout, because a bankruptcy was needed to restructure union agreements and eliminate excess production capacity. We lost Pontiac in the process. Pretty painful.

The longer we can make GM profitable, the faster the stock can appreciate and the taxpayers paid in full, with hopefully a very nice profit. I understand the anger and feel much the same, but when you hurt them, you hurt me and thousands of other dealerships across America that return a great deal of money to their communities. We probably average 2-4 requests for donations a week. Many are granted. Others are just long term commitments. We could use some support too.

Forum List

Back