GM highest profits EVER

Do you need help in understanding how "Profits" are calculated?

hint: Screwing over creditors doesn't increase them.

edit: It is rather funny however, how upset you are that they didn't fail.

What's not funny is how financially stupid some are.

Hint : I mean YOU

If I'm selling lemonade and you loan me $20 to buy raw materials and then someone tells me I don't have to pay you your $20 investment back and then I sell $100 worth the lemonade, my profits are $20 more than they would have been had I not screwed you over.

GDP has been growing since 2009.
The stock market has doubled since 2009.
Americans net worth is up $9 trillion dollars since 2009.
3.7 million private sector jobs have been created since 2009.
Auto sales are up.
Retail sales are up.
Home sales are up.
Unemployment is down.

GM was saved, and is now the number one automaker in the world.

Bin Laden and Gaddafi are dead, and we are out of Iraq.

Obama has done a very good job.

Q: Is the stock market good or bad?
A: Yes

The biggest change from the bankruptcy was the relationship of labor unions to the corporation. The economy is slowing again. I know many of you are busy touting trailing indicators, but I'm in the trenches and see everything first.

You refuse to see GM success as good for this country?

GM's success, or failure, is neither good nor bad for the US you fool. Thousands of companies have failed in this country without destroying the nation. Now of course after the USG invested money in GM it is OBVIOUSLY good for the government that the company survived. But if we hadn't spent any money it wouldn't have affected the overall health of the country that much.

That's a simple cold fact, and I'm not going to debate it with you.

General Motors produced vast quantities of armaments, vehicles, and aircraft for the Allied war effort during World War II. It is good for America to have a solid manufactoring base.

Unless you think war is a thing of the past.

Corporate profits are good, but not when they receive massive Taxpayer-funded Corporate Welfare. And the OWS/Democrats on this board should know that. Shame on them.

You refuse to see GM success as good for this country?

GM's success, or failure, is neither good nor bad for the US you fool. Thousands of companies have failed in this country without destroying the nation. Now of course after the USG invested money in GM it is OBVIOUSLY good for the government that the company survived. But if we hadn't spent any money it wouldn't have affected the overall health of the country that much.

General Motors produced vast quantities of armaments, vehicles, and aircraft for the Allied war effort during World War II. It is good for America to have a solid manufactoring base.

You are correct, which is why propping up a failed manufacturing model is bad for our national defense.

And when they're about to fold again in the future? Will they receive more Taxpayer-funded Corporate Welfare?

thats alot of jobs and taxes paid.

Im glad we didnt listen to the idiots that wanted it to die

When is GM going to repay the $30 billion it owes the federal govt? Also, when are the bond holders and stock holders going to get the money Obama robbed them of?

You are correct, which is why propping up a failed manufacturing model is bad for our national defense.

Didn't the Government recommend a change at the top? Keep such a large manufacturer is nothing but good for the long term, considering the consequenses of our foriegn interventions.

Latest GM Management Shakeup Means the Company is No Longer Bob Lutz Inc. - CBS News

Money is flowing OUT of the stock market by the individual investor. The disconnect of Wall Street and Main Street continues and grows.

Fuck over my creditors and I too can run record profits.

Do you need help in understanding how "Profits" are calculated?

hint: Screwing over creditors doesn't increase them.

edit: It is rather funny however, how upset you are that they didn't fail.

What's not funny is how financially stupid some are.

Hint : I mean YOU

If I'm selling lemonade and you loan me $20 to buy raw materials and then someone tells me I don't have to pay you your $20 investment back and then I sell $100 worth the lemonade, my profits are $20 more than they would have been had I not screwed you over.

No, they're not. The money borrowed was an expense for COGS when you borrowed it and, presumably, spent it right away. Paying the loan back does not reduce your 'profit' as it's defined by accounting standards. That money has already been accounted for. The metric of 'Profit' does not distinguish between money borrowed or money from some other source.

Thanks for showing up and reminding us that you have no idea what you're talking about, though.

thats alot of jobs and taxes paid.

Im glad we didnt listen to the idiots that wanted it to die

When is GM going to repay the $30 billion it owes the federal govt? Also, when are the bond holders and stock holders going to get the money Obama robbed them of?

Its already repaid over half of the money. You'd know that if your head wasn't lodged all the way up your ass

Forum List

Back