GM highest profits EVER

I'm saying they own undervalued stock, but there is no "debt" to "pay back."

Wrong, dipstick. The stock purchase was a gift to GM (really the UAW). If there's nothing to pay back, then no problem selling the stock tomorrow, right turd?

However, if they continue to do as well as they are now, the stock will likely rebound. So from your vantage point, the best way to "Pay back" is to continue doing well. :thup:

You just got done saying "there's nothing to pay back." No you are admitting there is.

I work at a franchise GM dealership and have for a fairly long time. I was not happy about the bailout, because a bankruptcy was needed to restructure union agreements and eliminate excess production capacity. We lost Pontiac in the process. Pretty painful.

The longer we can make GM profitable, the faster the stock can appreciate and the taxpayers paid in full, with hopefully a very nice profit. I understand the anger and feel much the same, but when you hurt them, you hurt me and thousands of other dealerships across America that return a great deal of money to their communities. We probably average 2-4 requests for donations a week. Many are granted. Others are just long term commitments. We could use some support too.

Sounds like you are between a rock and a hard place, I empathize. It must be tough to see what's going on but on the other hand if you rock the boat, it puts a lot of stress on you, your family and the community as a whole.

However, the government should have stayed out of it. The anger needs to be placed where it should, on poor upper management and unachievable union wages and benefits.

GM is no longer an evil corporation to the left, as it's now owned by the US taxpayers. What about before the bail out?? Was it an evil corporation then??

My version is, management would do anything to keep production high. It was all about units sold back then. This meant strikes were very bad. They caved over and over again to union demands. Finally, it was unsustainable. Bankruptcy was a good cure for that issue. A bailout just threw good money after bad. I do not believe where is something called "too bad to fail".

How can you win with the left wing? They have the political argument surrounded with B.S. The radicals claim they hate corporate America except when the freaking administration controls it. Now they brag that G.M. is making the "highest profit ever" when they want to kill every other executive on Wall Street.

Recognize that liberalism is a mental disorder, give radical leftists each a frontal lobotomy, have extreme leftwing zealots declared legally insane and ineligible to vote, hire the rest to pick up trash in exchange for food stamps and rent.

GDP has been growing since 2009.
The stock market has doubled since 2009.
Americans net worth is up $9 trillion dollars since 2009.
3.7 million private sector jobs have been created since 2009.
Auto sales are up.
Retail sales are up.
Home sales are up.
Unemployment is down.

GM was saved, and is now the number one automaker in the world.

Bin Laden and Gaddafi are dead, and we are out of Iraq.

Obama has done a very good job.

Corporate profits are bad you silly OWS/Obama-Bot dummies. Man, these people are so confused. Now they just love increased Wall Street profits. Funny stuff for sure. :)

Auto sales are up.
Retail sales are up.
Home sales are up.
Unemployment is down.

Is the stock market good or bad?

Auto sales are up.
Retail sales are up.
Home sales are up.
Unemployment is down.

Now just compare that to prehousing bubble burst of 2008.

It's fun watching Republicans trying to spin good news into bad.

Obama is the Democrats Reagan.

[The Obama panderpalooza just keeps rolling on.]

"Gross.

(NLPC) — General Motors reported year end earnings figures today. The company made about $9 billion dollars in 2011. How much of its “fair share” is GM paying in taxes? Zero. In fact, from GM’s financial report, they actually received a “benefit” of $110 million for the year. The UAW benefited as well, as they are set to receive $7,000 per worker in profit sharing bonuses.

The sweet tax deal GM receives was set up by the Obama Administration as the company was granted a multi-billion dollar tax credit for loss carry-overs when they exited their bankruptcy proceeding. Normally, the company would not have received the tax credit but the bankruptcy process was anything but normal. Creditors were put in the back of the line to protect UAW interests and tax code was changed so that GM could profit for years without paying its fair share in taxes. President Obama now campaigns on the perceived success at GM and any help he can give to the company will result in additional votes come November. As taxpayers lose out, GM profits and shares the wealth with the politically favored UAW."

Weasel Zippers » Blog Archive » GM Reports Record Profit of $9 Billion, Pays Zero Taxes, Hands Out $7K Bonus To Every UAW Member, Taxpayers Get Nothing…

[With apologies to the boys of LaRaza who usually accompany the phrase "We don't need no stinkin'...." with the one fingered salute.

Hey Barry! We don't need no stinkin' freedom. Where's our dole?
Hey Barry! Remember 2008? You promised free gas and groceries? Where's our dole?
Hey Barry! You promised no more getting up at four! Where's our dole?
Hey Barry! You promised no more bosses dirty looks! Where's our dole?
Hey Barry! We don't need no stinkin' paycheck! Where's our dole?
Hey Barry! We don't need no stinkin' freedom! Where's our dole?]

Forum List

Back