Global Warming Chickenlittleism

As I keep pointing out, denialist loons only have a year or two left before their conspiracy theories look completely ridiculous to everyone. So denialists, what's your retreat plan? You really do need one.

The smarter denialists are already backpedaling to "Well, we're causing warming, but it will be good!" or "Well, it's cheaper to mitigate the damage". The brainless cultists, alas, can't think that far ahead. They can only parrot. It will be interesting to see what the official party line is as to why they got it so completely wrong. I'm sure they'll somehow blame the dirty liberals for forcing them to be stupid and crazy.

69% Say It?s Likely Scientists Have Falsified Global Warming Research - Rasmussen Reports?

Gallup poll: Conservatives outnumber liberals - Tim Mak - POLITICO.com

10 predictions for the world's energy future » News » OPB

OFA Gets Zero Attendance for Climate Change Rally | Washington Free Beacon

Global surveys show environmental concerns rank low among public concerns

What climate change? Fewer people than EVER believe the world is really warming up | UK | News | Daily Express

Astounded I say I am that you found an entire group of right wing rags that claim global warming is a hoax. Who would have thought they would say that?

Got any good scientific publications backing up the right wing rags?

Men's affect on the climate is something that the Chicken Littles of the AGW scam cannot show. There is no evidence only theories and speculation.

Theories are not something that substitutes or replaces evidence. Theories USE evidence or evidence may be used to refute theories or create new ones. And theories are NOT in the same category as speculation. Theories are generally hypotheses with supporting evidence in the form of observations, experiments and successful predictions.

o Observation: Global temperatures have been rising at unprecedented rates since the late 1800s.
o Observation: Humans have been emitting CO2 and other known GHGs at an ever-increasing rate since the beginning of the Industrial revolution
o Observation: the trends of the two phenomena track each other very well, just as they have tracked each other through virtually the entirety of the paleoclimatic record. There is undeniably a relationship between global temperature and CO2 levels which the record and physics tells us is a two-way street.
o The amount of warming from the amount of CO2 emitted is calculable from basic principles. That amount matches the observation.
o NO other potential cause for the observed warming provides sufficient forcing or matches the trends.
o The amount of CO2 produced by human combustion of fossil fuels is calculable from records. It matches the observed increase in CO2.
o Isotopic analysis of the atmosphere finds that all the CO2 above 280 ppm was produced by the combustion of fossil fuels.

Of course they are all theories.

NO

Those are NOT theories. Those are all OBSERVATIONS and FACTS!!!

The problem is that politicians are making policies, and ruining businesses based on theories.

You still don't seem to understand what a scientific theory actually is. Hopefully, politicians have ALWAYS made policy and regulation based on accepted theory. And guess what? AGW is about as widely accepted as you can get.

I was saying that you cannot prove that man is in any way affecting global warming and you still haven't.

You still don't seem to understand how the scientific method works. I will never be able to PROVE such a thing. But please give us another explanation for the observations I listed above. One - to qualify under your terms - that you can PROVE.

CO2 follows temperature, when the temperature is increased, the atmosphere can hold more CO2.

I've explained this to you as PredFan and I've explained this to you as Elektra. Even some of the folks on YOUR side of the argument have tried to explain it to you.

Let me just ask you something. You say the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere has increased simply because the temperature has risen from some "natural" but as yet unnamed cause and that this has "made room" for the CO2.

1) Where did the extra CO2 come from?

2) What happened to the CO2 humans HAVE produced since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution?

I have a few other questions if you're feeling ambitious.

3) How can we fill a tank with pure CO2 (like the ones driving every soda fountain on Earth)?

4) Coal miners trapped in a cave-in or sailors trapped in a sunken submarine - how is the level of CO2 in their atmospheres able to increase?

5) How can we make those very cold liquid and solid gases: dry ice, liquid nitrogen, liquid helium, etc? I'll give you a hint: it does NOT involve heating.

6) Why don't we see a different mix of gases in the atmosphere of the Antarctic in winter (-60C) than we do in the summer of the Ethiopian desert (+60C)?

Are you catching on yet? Did you even READ the explanation I provided?

Last edited:
What's getting old is your lack of involvement. If you don't actually want to talk about the environment, about global warming or the Greenhouse Effect, why, exactly, are you here?

Never in our history has man taken billions of pounds of coal and oil (both great storage mechanisms for carbon) turned them into a gas, put that gas in the atmosphere and waited to see what happens. We have never done this before.

When you ask someone like a skooker how that action COULD NOT have some sort of effect, they have no answer.

Other than to say global warming is a hoax. Cause some right winger said so.

Now that is some great evidence; some right winger says so.

Right wingers think there is a big chimney in the sky and all those bad gasses just go into space.

Or that, once burnt, that oil and coal no longer exist. I mean you can't see them. Right? SO they must be "gone" and not doing anything.

You would at least think that GW deniers would DEMAND more and more research by real scientists doing real research........just to prove that GW is not man influenced.

But they don't do that. They rely on right wing rags or oil company funded studies. And claim an oil company wouldn't deny that the product they sell is having this warming influence. Or they will come up with ONE scientist that has a contrary opinion and cling to that opinion like they cling to guns and religion.

In the end, it won't matter. We are not going to really do anything about it.

Man can pollute a localized area with carbon emissions (think driving into Gary Ind in the late 1960ties.
Or Pittsburgh when the steel industry was running strong.

Air you couldn't breath, acid rain, etc. And most right wingers do not deny that we used to pollute the air of our cities with lead. (before un leaded gas and catalytic converters)

Man can pollute enough to change localized climates, but given enough time and enough burnt carbon, man couldn't influence world climate.

You have to twist logic pretty hard to come up with that conclusion.

America is doing quite abit about it as emissions are back near 1990 levels. Just that China and India are more and offsetting everything we're doing.

I agree that we in the USA are at least trying. Some of our progress is modern technology, some is simply lack of manufacturing that produces large amount of emissions. Better more efficient cars. There is a variety of reasons we are doing things better.

But with us having no control over how much rain forest gets cut down, or how many coal fired plants China opens or add 2 billion cars running in India and China, our efforts will not swing the tide to the earths favor.

The poorer and more backwards the country, the less interest in GW. I see that in some of the low income tenants I have. You can walk in the house of a person living pay check to pay check and the thermostat will be set on 75. Be so hot in the house they have to open a door. But they don't turn the thermostat back. You know why? I don't. Maybe because they think that even though they are relatively poor, they don't have to be cold. But the idea of their ability to influence never enters their minds. To pre occupied with survival. Just like all the other poor people around the world.

What's getting old is your lack of involvement. If you don't actually want to talk about the environment, about global warming or the Greenhouse Effect, why, exactly, are you here?

Never in our history has man taken billions of pounds of coal and oil (both great storage mechanisms for carbon) turned them into a gas, put that gas in the atmosphere and waited to see what happens. We have never done this before.

When you ask someone like a skooker how that action COULD NOT have some sort of effect, they have no answer.

Other than to say global warming is a hoax. Cause some right winger said so.

Now that is some great evidence; some right winger says so.

Right wingers think there is a big chimney in the sky and all those bad gasses just go into space.

Or that, once burnt, that oil and coal no longer exist. I mean you can't see them. Right? SO they must be "gone" and not doing anything.

You would at least think that GW deniers would DEMAND more and more research by real scientists doing real research........just to prove that GW is not man influenced.

But they don't do that. They rely on right wing rags or oil company funded studies. And claim an oil company wouldn't deny that the product they sell is having this warming influence. Or they will come up with ONE scientist that has a contrary opinion and cling to that opinion like they cling to guns and religion.

In the end, it won't matter. We are not going to really do anything about it.

WOW the AGW propaganda in that post rivals many of the AGW cultists!

America is doing quite abit about it as emissions are back near 1990 levels. Just that China and India are more and offsetting everything we're doing.

I agree that we in the USA are at least trying. Some of our progress is modern technology, some is simply lack of manufacturing that produces large amount of emissions. Better more efficient cars. There is a variety of reasons we are doing things better.

But with us having no control over how much rain forest gets cut down, or how many coal fired plants China opens or add 2 billion cars running in India and China, our efforts will not swing the tide to the earths favor.

The poorer and more backwards the country, the less interest in GW. I see that in some of the low income tenants I have. You can walk in the house of a person living pay check to pay check and the thermostat will be set on 75. Be so hot in the house they have to open a door. But they don't turn the thermostat back. You know why? I don't. Maybe because they think that even though they are relatively poor, they don't have to be cold. But the idea of their ability to influence never enters their minds. To pre occupied with survival. Just like all the other poor people around the world.

Says the far left elitist.

Says the far left elitist.

Color me surprised this AM. More right wing propaganda from a Kosh.

What is a "Kosh"?

Kosh, have you EVER refuted ANYTHING with reason and thoughtfulness?

Or have you been programmed so long to be a right wing propagandist that the ability to reason has left you?

Forum List

Back