Glenn Youngkin signs budget bill with special surprise for taxpayers: $4 Billion in tax cuts coming from the Virginia General Assembly!

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Without the cuts in spending, the cuts is taxes is irresponsible. Where are you cutting $4.5 billion in spending?

We have a surplus that can more than support the tax cut.....It's sort of a end-around the still dem Virginia Senate that refused to support a gas tax holiday that Youngkin and the Virginia General Assembly wanted.

I guess that way the dems can take credit for a tax cut along with the RPV.

Surplus tax revenue should go back to the taxpayer don't you think?

We have a surplus that can more than support the tax cut.....It's sort of a end-around the still dem Virginia Senate that refused to support a gas tax holiday that Youngkin and the Virginia General Assembly wanted.

I guess that way the dems can take credit for a tax cut along with the RPV.

Surplus tax revenue should go back to the taxpayer don't you think?

Depends on the state of infrastructure in the state. Virginia is having a crisis in affordable health care. Shouldn't taxpayer funds be used to address that crisis instead of being given back to the taxpayers?

Depends on the state of infrastructure in the state. Virginia is having a crisis in affordable health care. Shouldn't taxpayer funds be used to address that crisis instead of being given back to the taxpayers?
I can afford my health care just fine.....I'm on the US Congressional plan. ;)

Meh, you can either properly plan for your future or you can be a victim of it.

Due to a law that the dems put into place (in the brief time they held sway) I had to pay a $14.73 fee (tax) when I renewed my tags because my KIA Soul gets too good gas mileage....So yeah, if I can get that back I'll take it.

He don't care. His donors want to end all social programs so the working class will suffer.

Primarily he is cutting the grocery/hygiene products tax. Those would be "the working class" shoppers benefiting. I personally don't support tax cuts during fair weather years. I would rather see the surplus held in a rainy day fund or used to pay down the $30B state debt.

Primarily he is cutting the grocery/hygiene products tax. Those would be "the working class" shoppers benefiting. I personally don't support tax cuts during fair weather years. I would rather see the surplus held in a rainy day fund or used to pay down the $30B state debt.
Why, so dems can piss it away like they usually do if they get another swing at a complete majority? A surplus is not the state's money to spend....It means we were taxed too much to begin with and it should be returned.

Why, so dems can piss it away like they usually do if they get another swing at a complete majority? A surplus is not the state's money to spend....It means we were taxed too much to begin with and it should be returned.

The money borrowed was not the state's money to begin with and a state needs to pay its debts.

That’s great for the working people of VA. It’s tragic the dems refused to help with a gas tax holiday to combat xiden’s inflation….but this works out just as good

no tax payers should be able to keep more of their own money

we currently have a crisis on the xiden inflation…people need more of their hard earned money to address it

I can afford my health care just fine.....I'm on the US Congressional plan. ;)

Meh, you can either properly plan for your future or you can be a victim of it.

Due to a law that the dems put into place (in the brief time they held sway) I had to pay a $14.73 fee (tax) when I renewed my tags because my KIA Soul gets too good gas mileage....So yeah, if I can get that back I'll take it.
so which Congressman are you, good sir?

i better be nice to you or you'll raise my taxes

Forum List

Back