Glenn WHO??? - A Million Moderate March!!

Are you kiddin'??!!!

The opportunity to show-up to KEEP FEAR ALIVE!....in any number o' variations on Teabaggery??!!!! :woohoo:

529.gif

No. I'm not kidding. And that isn't even a full sentence. It sure isnt understandable.

Stewart and Colbert are the new Cronkite and who the fuck cares.

LOL.

Jon Stewart, Liberal Intellectual Elite.

LOL

The Million Moderate March, well maybe "March" is too military and extreme for moderates how about the Million Moderate Stroll instead?

I appreciate that both colbert and stewart "attack" democrats, republicans, tea party candidates, liberals and conservatives.....

if you do or say something stupid they will go after it.

and though they are just comedians/entertainers I feel that they have as much right to mix comedy and politics as entertainer rush limbaugh or entertainer glenn beck does

additionally
they tend to present the issues from a persepctive that I MOSTLY agree with

Ive never seen them go after each other or themselves even when they say something stupid.

Has anyone argued that they don't have a right to mix humor with politics?

So you get your politics from comedy central? Whatever happened to just looking at different ideas, reading, and thinking about things for ourselves?

Moderates=left leaning, especially when comedy central is the driving force, shees

Labeling ones self as moderate and not simply American has always been a cop out IMO

You either are...or are not. Why do people complicate their lives by creating grey areas? It only leads to trouble...convolution...and angst.

Because there's about a 100 issues a thinking and reasoning person should be looking at to decide who to vote for, and no, the Republicans aren't on the right side of many of those issues, no more than the Democrats.

It becomes a simple weighted evaluation problem, with the additional twist that parties and candidates change positions from election cycle to election cycle.

For example: I voted for Bush in 2004. I absolutely despised how he was expanding the Federal Government and expanding the debt, but he was a far superior choice to Kerry. In 2006 I saw an opportunity to check Bush and restore divided government and took it by voting for "D" candidates. In 2008 as much as I hated to I voted for Obama because McCain and Obama were too close together on many issues I cared about and Palin was a mess. In 2010, I'll have an opportunity to restore divided government again.

I've got issues that are important to me. I vote in my best interests from election cycle to election cycle.

Stewart and Colbert are the new Cronkite and who the fuck cares.

LOL.

Jon Stewart, Liberal Intellectual Elite.

LOL

The Million Moderate March, well maybe "March" is too military and extreme for moderates how about the Million Moderate Stroll instead?

I appreciate that both colbert and stewart "attack" democrats, republicans, tea party candidates, liberals and conservatives.....

if you do or say something stupid they will go after it.

and though they are just comedians/entertainers I feel that they have as much right to mix comedy and politics as entertainer rush limbaugh or entertainer glenn beck does

additionally
they tend to present the issues from a persepctive that I MOSTLY agree with

Ive never seen them go after each other or themselves even when they say something stupid.

Has anyone argued that they don't have a right to mix humor with politics?

So you get your politics from comedy central? Whatever happened to just looking at different ideas, reading, and thinking about things for ourselves?
Most of the Daily Show and Colbert Report viewers I've known get their news from a lot of different sources. Actual studies of TDS and TDR viewer have born that out. Part of that is because you won't get the jokes if you don't know the background.

I think some of the reverse is true too. If you're already reading different sources then you're already a potential viewer for the Daily Show. It's hard not to see the spin and not laugh a little.

:lol:

You still don't win elections without them. You can knock on them and the fact they can't be counted on to reliably vote "R" or "D", but they decide elections with the ebb and flow. I'd be careful mocking them.

Who's mocking what? I am doing no such thing. Fencesitters go with ebb and flow. Independents are principled souls attached to no party.

What is it you don't understand of this? The primary word is principle. Maybe it is this aspect that throws you off?

Centrists are by and large NOT principled and just go with the flow for political sake of acceptence...and typically known as political hacks.

You. You're mocking moderates. And you do so at your peril. If you can't carry them in an election you lose, simple as that.

I know that the Partisans here don't get it, but here it is: you can not win an election with just Conservatives or Liberals.

A lot of folks here forget that. The Republicans forgot that in 2006 and lost out big. They forgot it again in 2008 and lost out big. The Democrats forgot that too, and are looking to end up out of power again in short order.

You still are getting mired aren't you? 'Moderates' are NOT independent. They're people that FAIL to have principle [one side or the other] that go with the flow for political acceptence. And quite frankly? I'd rather have a vote or not from someone with principle rather than someone just looking for accpetence to be accepted by whatever...just because it's popular or not.

Luckily? They are few that fit this description. Independents are principled folks that don't identifiy or refuse to be tied to any partisan endeavour.

You know........Jon has given everyone around a month and a half to plan this. Not only that, but he's bringing out some very good points, because a lot of the political debate HAS gone a little bit nuts.

And yeah........I'd be willing to bet that on 10/30/10, there will be more people there for Stewart's rally than what showed up for Beck's.

Why? Jon Stewart is ALREADY going to be broadcasting from DC the week before, and lots of people will be showing up just to see his show.

You know........Jon has given everyone around a month and a half to plan this. Not only that, but he's bringing out some very good points, because a lot of the political debate HAS gone a little bit nuts.

And yeah........I'd be willing to bet that on 10/30/10, there will be more people there for Stewart's rally than what showed up for Beck's.

Why? Jon Stewart is ALREADY going to be broadcasting from DC the week before, and lots of people will be showing up just to see his show.

There is that fact. You'll see a fair number of folks jut stay out the weekend now, and Stewart and Colbert never have a shortage of people willing to come out for their road shows.

I still doubt that they get the turn out of Beck because Beck was able to bring out not just his fans, but to also tap into the Tea Party. I'm not sure what other groups Stewart is going to tap in to, especially after the way he's gone after Move On, Code Pink, the Tea Party, etc. I don't think there's a group out there he's not taken a shot at.

So the difference between moderates and independents is that Indies think for themselves and moderates follow the crowd?

Let me guess--are right wingers are independents and all left wingers follow a crowd?

Or is it all left wingers are independents and all right wingers follow a crowd?

Don't answer!

The bottomline is that an independent is devoid of party affilliation. You can be right-leaning, left-leaning or centric independent. Moderates are either independent centrist or "close to center" right/left wingers that may or may not be a part of a party.

It is true that moderates and independents are not necessarily the same thing, but to assume that moderates and independents are mutually exclusive is not correct.

The thing to remember is that Indepedents span the political spectrum, moderates are centrist or close to centrism.

And what a centrist but a fencesitter that can go either way according to the popular flow of the moment?

Centrism is a cop-out .

No--you are just upset that centrist do not buy (RightWing)Conservatism wholesale!

Think about it--there are more moderates than either conservatives or liberals and if the moderates have a common opinion about something--that defines the public opinion.

So in truth, you are jealous that the centrist voice is the public voice. You want to shut the centrist up, or convince them to follow your ideas but lack the ability to do so!

You still are getting mired aren't you? 'Moderates' are NOT independent. They're people that FAIL to have principle [one side or the other] that go with the flow for political acceptence. And quite frankly? I'd rather have a vote or not from someone with principle rather than someone just looking for accpetence to be accepted by whatever...just because it's popular or not.

My point is this: Once you make the decision that I've bolded up above, your very next decision should be What should I say in my concession speech?

It doesn't really matter if you like it or not. Moderates (together with Independents) decide the election. Reagan's spectacular win over Mondale wasn't because the USA was suddenly 90% GOP. It was because Reagan was more appealing to even the Moderate Democrats than Mondale was. Ditto with Bush. McCain lost in a spectacular fashion to Obama both because moderates were so burnt out with Bush, and because Palin was so unpopular with moderates and independents.

Writing off those voters, failing to even try to reach out to them, is a mistake that every party makes once they get into power and get cocky. That's why we still have shifts in power between the parties. This cycle it looks like the GOP has more appeal to Moderates than the DNC, and that'll tell the tale in many races. If the GOP forget those voters, they'll find themselves out of power again.

You know something--We centrist/moderates don't need a party!

These left/right wing whackos have to cater to us before they can start on their agendas!

For now on, we want you left/right wingers to treat us with a little more respect--or we are not voting for you!

You hear that! Your agenda--does not move--until you win some CENTRIC(not independents--they are all over the map!) Support!

Tell us--are there any centrist supporting the Tea Party? You better hope there Are!

good grief, do lefties EVA have a original IDEA they think up for themselves.?

And if Stewart and Colbert is moderate, then I'm the damn queen of England.:lol:

"I like to keep up on current events, that's why I watch both The Daily Show and the Colbert Report" Jake Starkey, A Republican Centrist.

You confuse Moderates with INDEPENDENTS. Independents at least think for themselves and aren't aligned with any party apparatus and act on their principle. Moderates act with the flow of popular consensus for their inability of or fear of principle.

Big difference sport.

:lol:

You still don't win elections without them. You can knock on them and the fact they can't be counted on to reliably vote "R" or "D", but they decide elections with the ebb and flow. I'd be careful mocking them.

No you simply do not get it. Independents Decide elections, Not moderates. Independents can be Conservatives, liberals or Moderates.

besides who says only Moderates watch this guys show. You ask me it is mostly liberals. But then that fits since Liberals are only about 25% of Americans but think they are the middle.

Last edited:
Who's mocking what? I am doing no such thing. Fencesitters go with ebb and flow. Independents are principled souls attached to no party.

What is it you don't understand of this? The primary word is principle. Maybe it is this aspect that throws you off?

Centrists are by and large NOT principled and just go with the flow for political sake of acceptence...and typically known as political hacks.

You. You're mocking moderates. And you do so at your peril. If you can't carry them in an election you lose, simple as that.

I know that the Partisans here don't get it, but here it is: you can not win an election with just Conservatives or Liberals.

A lot of folks here forget that. The Republicans forgot that in 2006 and lost out big. They forgot it again in 2008 and lost out big. The Democrats forgot that too, and are looking to end up out of power again in short order.

Luckily? They are few that fit this description. Independents are principled folks that don't identifiy or refuse to be tied to any partisan endeavour.

Moderates have principals. they just dont go to the extremes like hard core cons or libs do. They may be for a sound fiscal policy but arent anti welfare or entitlements. They may be for pot legalization and anti abortion. or vice versa. they just dont buy into the lunatic fringes,which seem to be the loudest voices especially on the right

You know something--We centrist/moderates don't need a party!

These left/right wing whackos have to cater to us before they can start on their agendas!

For now on, we want you left/right wingers to treat us with a little more respect--or we are not voting for you!

You hear that! Your agenda--does not move--until you win some CENTRIC(not independents--they are all over the map!) Support!

Tell us--are there any centrist supporting the Tea Party? You better hope there Are!

im for a new party. a party of moderates. we can call it the sanity party and the the dems and reps have their fringes.

Forum List

Back