Glenn WHO??? - A Million Moderate March!!

conservatives dont like the fact that stewart and colbert attack the crazies on their side. never mind that they attack the crazies on the left,the fact they have the audacity to attack the rights "heros" automaticaly make them worth of dismissal as Liberals or LMSM or whatever term the far right want to use at the present time.

I'm thinking I really want to go to that.

it's about the ONLY rally that I WOULD go to.

and my wife and I have already started discussing how to justify and plan the trip

as for signs: I'm leaning towards...."I disagree with you but I'm pretty sure you are NOT hitler"

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Their Take America Down a Notch slogan is really going to draw huge crowd. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:smoke::booze: Man those drugs in the 60s really did some permanent damage the their squash. :smoke::booze:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

What are Moderates but fencesitters anyway? :eusa_shhh:

They're the people that decide elections :eusa_shhh:

On topic:

This won't have a big draw to it. I don't think Stewart and Colbert are really aiming for that anyways. But take it from experience, getting a ticket to their show is all but impossible, so who knows?

The sad thing is, Stewart and Colbert are about the closest thing to a centrist voice in the media right now. The fact that role has to be played by a pair of comedians tells you what a sad state of affairs we have in the media.
Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh.....it's the difference between 'Baggers & Progressives.

'Baggers are more self-centered.....they all seem to want to be the next John Wayne; comin' to the rescue!! (....And, all the Glory they're entitled-to.) They prefer to hide within any-given-group/herd....but, when payday (the end-results) comes, they can be relied-upon to grab as-much-more-than-their-fair-share, as possible; that ol' survivor-of-the-fittest-trip. Because they're so individualistic, they also feel invisable....more-than-likely the root of their desperate-need for notoriety.

Progressives are more-geared towards....if everyone benefits, everyone will be more-inclined to stay active/involved. They don't feel the need to look-over-their-shoulders for some team-mate who's gorging himself, at the expense of some weaker-member.

'Bagger-icons are John Wayne & Rambo; those strong, serious boors.

THE Progressive-icon is Abbie Hoffman.

:clap2:

"During the Vietnam War, Hoffman was an anti-war activist, who used deliberately comical and theatrical tactics, such as organizing a mass demonstration in which over 50,000 people would attempt to use psychic energy to levitate The Pentagon until it would turn orange and begin to vibrate, at which time the war in Vietnam would end. Hoffman's symbolic theatrics were successful at convincing many young people to become more active in the politics of the time."

fist.jpg

What are Moderates but fencesitters anyway? :eusa_shhh:

On topic:

This won't have a big draw to it. I don't think Stewart and Colbert are really aiming for that anyways. But take it from experience, getting a ticket to their show is all but impossible, so who knows?

The sad thing is, Stewart and Colbert are about the closest thing to a centrist voice in the media right now. The fact that role has to be played by a pair of comedians tells you what a sad state of affairs we have in the media.

'Baggers are more self-centered.....they all seem to want to be the next John Wayne; comin' to the rescue!! (....And, all the Glory they're entitled-to.) They prefer to hide within any-given-group/herd....but, when payday (the end-results) comes, they can be relied-upon to grab as-much-more-than-their-fair-share, as possible; that ol' survivor-of-the-fittest-trip. Because they're so individualistic, they also feel invisable....more-than-likely the root of their desperate-need for notoriety.

Progressives are more-geared towards....if everyone benefits, everyone will be more-inclined to stay active/involved. They don't feel the need to look-over-their-shoulders for some team-mate who's gorging himself, at the expense of some weaker-member.

"During the Vietnam War, Hoffman was an anti-war activist, who used deliberately comical and theatrical tactics, such as organizing a mass demonstration in which over 50,000 people would attempt to use psychic energy to levitate The Pentagon until it would turn orange and begin to vibrate, at which time the war in Vietnam would end. Hoffman's symbolic theatrics were successful at convincing many young people to become more active in the politics of the time."

Duuuude!!! Your shrink has really not helped that 60s brain damage at all. :smoke::booze: Time to get up off that counselors couch & get a JOB! It may just help you feel better than the loser you are.

Ok, ok, ok I know nobody wants to hire you or have you hanging around, but maybe you could go pick up trash & recycle some cans for coin & help the environment instead of creating more pollution with your keyboard.

Last edited:

On topic:

Duuuude!!! Your shrink has really not helped that 60s brain damage at all. :smoke::booze: Time to get up off that counselors couch & get a JOB! It may just help you feel better than the loser you are.

Ok, ok, ok I know nobody wants to hire you or have you hanging around, but maybe you could go pick up trash & recycle some cans for coin & help the environment instead of creating more pollution with your keyboard.

images

So the difference between moderates and independents is that Indies think for themselves and moderates follow the crowd?

Let me guess--are right wingers are independents and all left wingers follow a crowd?

Or is it all left wingers are independents and all right wingers follow a crowd?

Don't answer!

The bottomline is that an independent is devoid of party affilliation. You can be right-leaning, left-leaning or centric independent. Moderates are either independent centrist or "close to center" right/left wingers that may or may not be a part of a party.

It is true that moderates and independents are not necessarily the same thing, but to assume that moderates and independents are mutually exclusive is not correct.

The thing to remember is that Indepedents span the political spectrum, moderates are centrist or close to centrism.

Last edited:
So the difference between moderates and independents is that Indies think for themselves and moderates follow the crowd?

Let me guess--are right wingers are independents and all left wingers follow a crowd?

Or is it all left wingers are independents and all right wingers follow a crowd?

Don't answer!

The bottomline is that an independent is devoid of party affilliation. You can be right-leaning, left-leaning or centric independent. Moderates are either independent centrist or "close to center" right/left wingers that may or may not be a part of a party.

It is true that moderates and independents are not necessarily the same thing, but to assume that moderates and independents are mutually exclusive is not correct.

The thing to remember is that Indepedents span the political spectrum, moderates are centrist or close to centrism.

And what a centrist but a fencesitter that can go either way according to the popular flow of the moment?

Centrism is a cop-out .

The idiots will smoke up before the rally, loose interst, get lost, and end up at Taco Bell.

You confuse Moderates with INDEPENDENTS. Independents at least think for themselves and aren't aligned with any party apparatus and act on their principle. Moderates act with the flow of popular consensus for their inability of or fear of principle.

Big difference sport.

:lol:

You still don't win elections without them. You can knock on them and the fact they can't be counted on to reliably vote "R" or "D", but they decide elections with the ebb and flow. I'd be careful mocking them.

Moderates=left leaning, especially when comedy central is the driving force, shees

Labeling ones self as moderate and not simply American has always been a cop out IMO

You confuse Moderates with INDEPENDENTS. Independents at least think for themselves and aren't aligned with any party apparatus and act on their principle. Moderates act with the flow of popular consensus for their inability of or fear of principle.

Big difference sport.

You still don't win elections without them. You can knock on them and the fact they can't be counted on to reliably vote "R" or "D", but they decide elections with the ebb and flow. I'd be careful mocking them.

Who's mocking what? I am doing no such thing. Fencesitters go with ebb and flow. Independents are principled souls attached to no party.

What is it you don't understand of this? The primary word is principle. Maybe it is this aspect that throws you off?

Centrists are by and large NOT principled and just go with the flow for political sake of acceptence...and typically known as political hacks.

Don't answer!

And what a centrist but a fencesitter that can go either way according to the popular flow of the moment?
.....So, there's the (actual) risk they might consider both-sides (of any issue), before they commit themselves.....rather than relying on age-old Absolutes, as a means to avoid any original-thought, huh??

Yeah.....whatta crime. :rolleyes:

Big difference sport.

Who's mocking what? I am doing no such thing. Fencesitters go with ebb and flow. Independents are principled souls attached to no party.

What is it you don't understand of this? The primary word is principle. Maybe it is this aspect that throws you off?

Centrists are by and large NOT principled and just go with the flow for political sake of acceptence...and typically known as political hacks.

You. You're mocking moderates. And you do so at your peril. If you can't carry them in an election you lose, simple as that.

I know that the Partisans here don't get it, but here it is: you can not win an election with just Conservatives or Liberals.

A lot of folks here forget that. The Republicans forgot that in 2006 and lost out big. They forgot it again in 2008 and lost out big. The Democrats forgot that too, and are looking to end up out of power again in short order.

Forum List

Back