Glenn Becks Empire Collapsing?

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
I didnt think this would end well for Beck, if this is in fact ending. He had expanded quite a bit into various side endeavors and now is pulling the plug on almost all of them..MY thought is that this is not due to trump ascendance so much as it is due to Becks own insanity.

Glenn Beck’s Dying Empire Gives Up on the Hollywood Dream

Glenn Beck’s financially troubled multimedia empire took another hit over Labor Day Weekend as Beck announced that Mercury Radio Arts, his privately held umbrella company, has abruptly stopped producing scripted film and television projects under his once-cherished subsidiary American Dream Labs.

In a statement posted on his website, Beck characterized the apparent shutdown as a “divorce” because American Dream Labs “needs to exist separate and apart from Mercury in order to spread its wings.”

The demise of the Beck subsidiary is the latest troubling development for a once-flourishing enterprise that in the past year has terminated nearly half its estimated 300 employees, lost cable distribution and advertisers as Cablevision dropped Beck’s daily programming, and suffered a steep drop in its online audience. In recent months, Mercury and its subsidiary, The Blaze, have become embroiled in cash-flow problems and costly litigation, notably against Beck’s former chief executive and ex-friend and confidant Christopher Balfe, whom Beck fired in December 2014 to make way for the promotion of tech entrepreneur Jonathan Schreiber.

Just guessing here, but it seems like Beck kind of slipped through the cracks. He's against Trump, so that screws him with the most active elements of the party. And he's a little off the rails with the more conservative elements. So he ended up being a little isolated, and you can't really do that when you're trying the "media empire" thing.

Fair guess?

Just guessing here, but it seems like Beck kind of slipped through the cracks. He's against Trump, so that screws him with the most active elements of the party. And he's a little off the rails with the more conservative elements. So he ended up being a little isolated, and you can't really do that when you're trying the "media empire" thing.

Fair guess?
I think you are right about that but what impact it all had on Beck's media companies I dont know.

The simple fact is that, leaving the political aside, the man is behaving erratically and I think he has lost credibility about anything he says. He has fired half his staff, including some long lasting partners on his show, and ignored all advice about this coverage for this years election and just went nasty radical NeverTrump in a kind of unhinged way. For example he rolled his face in a pan of crushed Cheetos to emulate Trumps color of his skin, which is just stupid.

I dont bother reading his website any more and any search that comes up from the Blaze, I try to find another site that also carries the story because I think he undermines the credibility of anything from the Blaze.

I agree.......once upon a time, his was an interesting opinion....not so much anymore

Fair guess?
Sounds about right to me.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back