Glenn Beck smears Obama's 11-year-old daughter

He was out of line, he apologized, controversy over.

Well it should be, but I think it's highly unlikely that we have heard the last of it...

Kudos for him apologizing, but he didn't attack her.

Though clearly it was far closer to the line than most people have ability to distinguish.

glad he apologized. Sorry I took the first post at face value.

That would be rather pointless because no one ever said you or anyone else defended it.

That isn't what moral equivalance is about. Words mean something.

Yes, my morals are the KIDS ARE OFF LIMITS!

No matter WHO you are.

I agree kids are offlimits.

But Glenn wasnt attacking Obama's daughter. He was criticizing her father for portraying her so poorly for political reasons.

This isn't difficult to understand, I know it's an emotional topic, but you have to look at what is actually happening and not condemn people based on emotion.

The evidence we have clearly shows Glenn criticizing the President for protraying his daughter poorly. Glenn, in fact, mentions skepticism that Obama actually expects us to believe this. Because no preteen or teenager would speak that way.

But that doesn't really matter does it? Glenn Beck should be lynched just because he doesn't like Obama.

Haven't you guys noticed the obie wan administration throws the kids right out there front and center with every single issue.. like the little girl who spoke to meeeeecheeeele cause her mommie didn't have papers?? do you really think obie wan's daughter asked him if he plugged up the hole?? come on people! plueeeeze..

Well it should be, but I think it's highly unlikely that we have heard the last of it...

Should be, but...giving forgiveness and moving on with repeat offenders, only serves to belittle the apologies of the well meaning and truly repentant in the rest of society.

Haven't you guys noticed the obie wan administration throws the kids right out there front and center with every single issue.. like the little girl who spoke to meeeeecheeeele cause her mommie didn't have papers?? do you really think obie wan's daughter asked him if he plugged up the hole?? come on people! plueeeeze..

I can believe she asked him, just not the way he was portraying it.

I truly don't believe she asked him. It's just political play. And Beck should have made it clear he was attacking obie wan for using his kid.. because media matters and the left are slow on the uptake and are just looking for reasons to whine. and not a one of them had a problem when Mrs. Palins kids were attacked and mocked.

Who in their right mind picks on an 11 year old to make political points?

Who in their right mind tells the media that his daughter asked about when he's gonna plug the hole? The swipe is at Obama, not his kid. But.... Obama should keep his kids out of politics.

What is wrong with a parent telling humorous stories about their children?

Should be, but...giving forgiveness and moving on with repeat offenders, only serves to belittle the apologies of the well meaning and truly repentant in the rest of society.

Why? Has Beck brought the Obama girls into the discussion previously?

Who in their right mind tells the media that his daughter asked about when he's gonna plug the hole? The swipe is at Obama, not his kid. But.... Obama should keep his kids out of politics.

I don't get it.

Most parents can relate to the innocent questions of their children. Lots of parents relay those questions to those around them - because when you're a good parent, your children are a big part of your world.

It seems demented to me for the right to hound Obama for this. Really. I just don't get it.

Then again, when I think about the dementia a number of folks on the right suffer, I do.

Why? Has Beck brought the Obama girls into the discussion previously?

Yes. Earlier this week Olbermann played a hilarious set of clips, one of Beck attacking the Obama children somehow connected to the Reverend Wright,

and the other a clip of Beck saying that politicians kid's were absolutely off limits and ranting on about how despicable it was of anyone who thought or did otherwise.

Because if you want kids off limits then kids are OFF LIMITS. PERIOD.

Its WRONG for Daddy to use them to make his points. Just as it is WRONG for beck to use them in response. However if daddy had not used his child there would have been nothing for beck to say about them. Daddy's fault.

Last edited:

I truly don't believe she asked him. It's just political play. And Beck should have made it clear he was attacking obie wan for using his kid.. because media matters and the left are slow on the uptake and are just looking for reasons to whine. and not a one of them had a problem when Mrs. Palins kids were attacked and mocked.

:cuckoo:not a one of them had a problem when Mrs. Palins kids were attacked and mocked.:cuckoo:

not true, but :cuckoo: needs no truths.

two wrongs (even if imaginary) always makes a rightie, right -- in their own minds. :cuckoo:

I don't get it.

Most parents can relate to the innocent questions of their children. Lots of parents relay those questions to those around them - because when you're a good parent, your children are a big part of your world.

It seems demented to me for the right to hound Obama for this. Really. I just don't get it.

Then again, when I think about the dementia a number of folks on the right suffer, I do.

You seem to think this is a right left thing. Why is that? It is demented if you have double standards.

The point is MOST people are not the president of the United States, nor do said most people have that level the media scrutiny. Most people will not use their daughter as a political pawn. Most parents would try to protect their children from comintary.

Its WRONG for Daddy to use them to make his points. Just as it is WRONG for beck to use them in response. However if daddy had not used his child there would have been nothing for beck to say about them. Daddy's fault.

Sarah Palin has put her kids "out there" an endless number of times. Glad we both agree that she should STOP whining about imaginary attacks.

Figures, DoucheHouse and others would agree with this silly post.

Where another member wrote: "What is wrong with a parent telling humorous stories about their children?" I would like to remind you (maybe you ain't old enough to remember a world before Obama :eek:) that almost every President in the last hundred years has mentioned their children during a news conference.

your arguments get sillier and sillier the longer you stay within a group here. try taking a break. :eusa_whistle:

It's wrong for Obama to use them to make his points. Just as it is wrong for Beck to use them in response. Full stop.

Unless you're cool with the "Well, Obama wouldn't have to do (blank) if Bush hadn't done (blank) first" type of argument?

:cuckoo:not a one of them had a problem when Mrs. Palins kids were attacked and mocked.:cuckoo:

not true, but :cuckoo: needs no truths.

two wrongs (even if imaginary) always makes a rightie, right -- in their own minds. :cuckoo:

stay the hell away from you, you whining run to the mod pussy.. run to the mods and beg them to make mean old me stay away from you and then you big whiney pussy you stalk me all over the board. you are nuttier n a christmas fruitcake,, stay the hell away from me.

Forum List

Back