Glenn Beck: My DC rally will ‘reclaim the civil rights movement’

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Glenn Beck: My DC rally will ‘reclaim the civil rights movement’ | Raw Story

Beck, a popular figure among tea party activists and a polarizing Fox News Channel personality, has said it is merely a coincidence that the event is taking place on the 47th anniversary of King's plea for racial equality. Beck has called President Barack Obama a racist.

"This is going to be an iconic event," Beck says. "This is going to be a moment that you'll never be able to paint people as haters, racists, none of it. This is a moment, quite honestly, that I think we reclaim the civil rights movement. It has been so distorted and so turned upside down. It is an abomination."

Organizers of Saturday's rally advise attendees not to bring signs, "as they may deter from the peaceful message we are bringing to Washington."

I'll just leave this here.

Progressive 9th Circuit rules that people have no expectation of privacy on their driveway, the Gubbamint can creep up in the dead of night and tag their car with GPS without a warrant.

Our Civil Rights vanished

Beck insists the event Saturday at the Lincoln Memorial is not about politics, even though Beck and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin will attend. But the rally is drawing a strong reaction — and several counter-rallies — as the nation looks toward November's elections.

Beck, a popular figure among tea party activists and a polarizing Fox News Channel personality, has said it is merely a coincidence that the event is taking place on the 47th anniversary of King's plea for racial equality.

Bullshit, and bullshit.

I think this is professional trolling on an epic scale.

Reclaim it?

Does that mean Beck is black or gay?

I know, he's a "feminist". I should have known it.

Beck is taking up Ike's banner

frank, you know i love ya, but if you mention ike and beck in the same sentence again, i'll neg you into the stone age.

what about this one?
Ike.jpg

Glenn Beck: My DC rally will ‘reclaim the civil rights movement’ | Raw Story

Beck, a popular figure among tea party activists and a polarizing Fox News Channel personality, has said it is merely a coincidence that the event is taking place on the 47th anniversary of King's plea for racial equality. Beck has called President Barack Obama a racist.

"This is going to be an iconic event," Beck says. "This is going to be a moment that you'll never be able to paint people as haters, racists, none of it. This is a moment, quite honestly, that I think we reclaim the civil rights movement. It has been so distorted and so turned upside down. It is an abomination."

Organizers of Saturday's rally advise attendees not to bring signs, "as they may deter from the peaceful message we are bringing to Washington."

I'll just leave this here.

Yea, you best just leave it there. That is since you can't make a convincing argument against it.

Sometimes...like now....I think Lonestar is really a stand up comic trying his new material out on us.

:rofl:

I just find it hilarious that "States Rights" believers like Glenn and Lonestar can somehow say they're taking back the Civil Rights Movement. If it wasn't for the Federal Government intervening, we would of had Jim Crow laws in certain states far beyond when they were gotten rid of if not to today perhaps.

One of the most famous moments in Civil Rights history in this country is Ike having the National Guard make sure those kids who were African American could go to school. Why? Because people running the state were going to stop them.

Martin Luther King, Jr. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

The march did, however, make specific demands: an end to racial segregation in public schools; meaningful civil rights legislation, including a law prohibiting racial discrimination in employment; protection of civil rights workers from police brutality; a $2 minimum wage for all workers; and self-government for Washington, D.C., then governed by congressional committee.[63] Despite tensions, the march was a resounding success. More than a quarter million people of diverse ethnicities attended the event, sprawling from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial onto the National Mall and around the reflecting pool. At the time, it was the largest gathering of protesters in Washington's history.[64] King's "I Have a Dream" speech electrified the crowd. It is regarded, along with Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address and Franklin D. Roosevelt's Infamy Speech, as one of the finest speeches in the history of American oratory.[65]

How the fuck is a self educated (he's said as much on his show) idiot like Beck gonna reclaim ANYTHING?

He's shown his ignorance REPEATEDLY on his show about stuff like the Constitution and civil rights already, so how can he do anything when he doesn't even have the knowledge?

Personal opinion? I think this is one of the more fucked up moves that Beck has made in a long time, and his excuse about not knowing what date it was is bullshit as well. I'm wondering what he's gonna say, because on his radio show yesterday he said that he wasn't going to write a speech, he was just going to write bullet points, so that he could allow the "Holy Spirit" to speak through him if the Spirit so wished.

Wonder if Beck is gonna declare himself a messiah in this speech?

Beck says some dumb things, but he's not a dumb guy. i actually think he's pretty smart; he's found a huge market that laps from the hand of the media persona he's crafted, and he's exploiting it for mountains of money.

This is purely a PR stunt, imo. I don't believe:

a) he didn't know it was the anniversary of MLK's speech; like I said, he's not stoopid

b) nobody on his staff knew, and nobody informed him of the "coincidence"

c) the people who manage the site didn't inform his staff of the "coincidence"

Like Limbaugh and Palin and Olbermann and Paris Hilton, his persona thrives off of controversy. I wouldn't have known about this event if it hadn't been set to this specific day at this specific place. This is Celebrity Marketing 101: there's no such thing as bad publicity.

I'm probably not going to get around to watching the event, but it'll be interesting to hear what's said.

Forum List

Back