Glenn Beck: My DC rally will ‘reclaim the civil rights movement’

What exactly can a white boy of Germanic descent who comes from a middle class family in Washington State and Utah (remember.......the greatest bunch of neo nazis and skinheads like to hang out in the Pacific Northwest), possibly hope to reclaim?

As far as I know, for the past 200 plus years, this country has been RUN by white folks of European descent. What is there to "reclaim" from the civil rights movement?

I'd like to hear more about these civil rights us white folk have lost.
We can't say the n-word anymore.

Thank you Dr. Laura. Are you going to get the Wasilla Chihuahua turned Momma Gerbil to tweet you to "reload" so you can say that word?

she was being facetious.

again... an awful lot of us have asked... 'what is going to be 'reclaimed' from the civil rights era?

i haven't seen anyone answer yet

Considering that the whites have had all the "rights" in this country since it's inception, as well as considering that the civil rights movement was for all those who WEREN'T white so they could get rights as well, I'm also wondering what there is to "reclaim".

I'm guessing Beck wants to reclaim the bigotry and racism that was before the civil rights movement so that they can get back to the status quo of whitey in charge.

Glen Beck was living in an upper middle class family, and they provided him with what he needed to go to school. He was working in radio at the age of 13, and built his brand up from there.

Self made? Maybe. However, I can't believe that he didn't have someone watching out for his career since he's been a teenager.

you say that like opportunity is a bad thing. people like you make people like me just more motivated to support the tea party, you realize this right?

Sorry about your brain trauma. Was it a blow to the head or too much of the tea bagger kool-aid?

If you're gonna join a bunch of idiots, that's your choice, it is a free country after all.

so opportunity IS a bad thing to you? That's fucked up.

Why the fuck does this bother you liberal idiots so much? Why do you even care? It's not hurting you in any fashion so stop your fucking whining about it. Grow the fuck up for pete's sake!

Glenn Beck's popularity among the narrow group he champions is not an indication of his honesty vis-a-vis political philosophy. If you shout anything loudly enough and over a long enough period of time, there are going to be some folks who, bereft of education and knowledge of history, eager to believe it. Popularity does not equate to quality of thought. If this were true, we would have to agree that Lady Gaga is more talented musically than Chopin.

Beck knew fool well that his August 28th date was the anniversary of Dr. King's "I have a dream" speech. There's no way a reservation for the Lincoln Memorial could be made without this knowledge by someone somewhere.

Beck is going to shovel more coal on any fire of controversy as this is his milieu. To ignore self-promoting controversy is tantamount to taking money out of his wallet and distributing it to the hungry and homeless. He ain't gonna do it.

There will be thousands of folks at his rally. From right here in the Pittsburgh area (about five hours from D.C.) there are several bus tour companies chartering rides. Maybe Beck's next rally will be at a stadium and they can parade at night with torches!

What is wrong with Rallying to end corruption and restore integrity and honor? Are you guys honestly saying that there isnt massive corruption in both parties? Are you against integrity and honor?

Beck is taking up Ike's banner

frank, you know i love ya, but if you mention ike and beck in the same sentence again, i'll neg you into the stone age.

Ike! Ike!

ike1.jpg

Beck! Beck!

beck.jpg

Last edited:
Good to know that, now that Bush is out of office, Beck is concerned with civil rights again.

Of course, everyone who is not one of Beck's little sycophants will view this as the douchy move that it is.

Why the fuck does this bother you liberal idiots so much? Why do you even care? It's not hurting you in any fashion so stop your fucking whining about it. Grow the fuck up for pete's sake!

Imagine if you will, if Keith Olbermann held a rally on November 19th in Gettysburg to free people from slavery. And it's totally not political. That's how retarded a statement like that is.

Imagine if you will, if Keith Olbermann held a rally on November 19th in Gettysburg to free people from slavery. And it's totally not political. That's how retarded a statement like that is.

Would both of his TV audience members attend the rally?

Glenn Beck's popularity among the narrow group he champions is not an indication of his honesty vis-a-vis political philosophy. If you shout anything loudly enough and over a long enough period of time, there are going to be some folks who, bereft of education and knowledge of history, eager to believe it. Popularity does not equate to quality of thought. If this were true, we would have to agree that Lady Gaga is more talented musically than Chopin.

Beck knew fool well that his August 28th date was the anniversary of Dr. King's "I have a dream" speech. There's no way a reservation for the Lincoln Memorial could be made without this knowledge by someone somewhere.

Beck is going to shovel more coal on any fire of controversy as this is his milieu. To ignore self-promoting controversy is tantamount to taking money out of his wallet and distributing it to the hungry and homeless. He ain't gonna do it.

There will be thousands of folks at his rally. From right here in the Pittsburgh area (about five hours from D.C.) there are several bus tour companies chartering rides. Maybe Beck's next rally will be at a stadium and they can parade at night with torches!

So I guess that no-one but a group of "fill in the blank" can celebrate civil rights and all the goodness MLK was about? I say "fill in the blank" because I am not quite sure who is allowed to do this without getting the lefts panties in a wad. I was under the impression that The Lincoln Memorial was there for all Americans. I was also under the impression that civil rights also included me... a white guy. Guess I was wrong.

There is something being lost in all of this though.... All procedes from the event are going to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation. This non-profit provides support and assistance to the families of wounded and fallen special operations personnel. This includes 60,000 of America's elite troops such as Navy SEALs, Army Green Berets and Rangers, Air force combat controllers and Marine Corps special operators.

Special Operations Warrior Foundation

Restoring Honor is just a part of it, just like the civil rights aspect of it.... Its all part in parcel of a day to celebrate the goodness of Americans of all races and credes.

Cant we set aside our differences for just one weekend and think about what Martin Luther King might think of it all.
I personally think he would be proud to see blacks, whites, and latinos all coming together to honor him and our wonderful soldiers.

Anyways... thought I'd ask.

We can always imagine, but we will never know because Keith would never do such a thing.
If he did though... good for him, more power to him.

One big problem with it though.... Keith has no audience and no-one ever hear about it to begin with.
:eusa_whistle:

There is something being lost in all of this though.... All procedes from the event are going to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation. This non-profit provides support and assistance to the families of wounded and fallen special operations personnel. This includes 60,000 of America's elite troops such as Navy SEALs, Army Green Berets and Rangers, Air force combat controllers and Marine Corps special operators.

Special Operations Warrior Foundation

Oh so typical for a right wing pundit to wrap their overtly partisan hack-fest in the banner of "support the troops". Kind of like Shamity's "Freedom Concerts".

How much is Beck going to make out of the deal?

Restoring Honor is just a part of it, just like the civil rights aspect of it.... Its all part in parcel of a day to celebrate the goodness of Americans of all races and credes.

Except for Muslims who want to build within two blocks of Ground Zero.

Forum List

Back