Glenn Beck: ‘Liberals, you were right’ on the war in Iraq

did you bump your fucking head?

Poor Barb,

Do you need me to connect the dots?

:eusa_hand:

Sorry, but I just don't have the patience with your level of stupid.

I'll explain it.

Republicans aren't responsible for anything, ever, period.

Exactly.

Bush did nothing. He just sat there and did nothing. He is blameless. The economic crash? Not his fault. It's the fault of Obama and Carter and Clinton. Every Democrat before and after Bush. Bush didn't move a single finger or do anything to contribute or prevent the crash. He was an empty headed doll. How can you blame a piece of wood for anything? He was just a placeholder until the next Democrat to be blamed came along.

Iraq? Definitely not Bush. That was Hillary, and I have the quotes to prove it.

Last edited:
did you bump your fucking head?

Poor Barb,

I'll explain it.

Clinton owns 9/11.
[MENTION=25032]ClosedCaption[/MENTION] You might want to take that thanks away...I am serious, Clinton owns 9/11. I just didn't want to get too in depth because I don't want to be associated with an ignorant Teaper.

Last edited:
Has everyone lost track of the fact that Iraq is being attacked by a terrorist force? ISIS is beheading their captives they are mass killing their captives. Do we no longer give a crap about atrocities? Are we really that impotent?

BTW, I would have voted against both wars.

Suit up. Start by sending your loved ones over there to fight ISIS. Do something now! Don't be an impotent... give a crap!

Oh, so that's why 30 Democrats in the Senate voted to go to war in Iraq!

Including all the ones that ran for party nomination in 2004...and Hillary. For the record I was opposed to the war from beginning for exact reason of whats happening now in Iraq. Afghanistan was fine, a terrorist attack was launched from there...but Iraq was a war of choice and a poorly thought out plan.

do I need to post once again that the resolution did not permit immediate war but, instead, said the president had to pursue diplomatic ends and await the final report of the UN inspectors?

or do we need to talk about yellow cake?

can I get a side order of mushroom cloud too?

Poor Barb,

I'll explain it.

Exactly.

Bush did nothing. He just sat there and did nothing. He is blameless. The economic crash? Not his fault. It's the fault of Obama and every Democrat before Bush. Bush didn't move a single finger or do anything to contribute or prevent the crash. He was an empty headed doll. How can you blame a piece of wood for anything? He was just a placeholder until the next Democrat to be blamed came along.

Iraq? Definitely not Bush.

I don't agree that Bush gets credit for everything...but you are right about the Teapers blaming Obama for everything. It is actually pretty pathetic and shows how these people are PURE dumb asses and devoid of reality. What is it about politics that makes people lie to themselves...then believe their lies to be gospel.

Pathetic, the whole lot of the looney Teapers.

I never said I wouldn't have done something about Saddam.

Either we think democracy is worth defending or we shrink in fear and hide, besides the atrocities.
Okay...are you saying we have a moral responsibility to do something about ISIS because of our role in the ME? Nothing the matter with that, I just think we need to let them fight it out for a while.

What should we have done about Saddam? In your opinion.

I don't know what he thinks but what congress INTENDED in the resolution that the threat of war be used to force cooperation with the inspections... and it did.

of course, baby bush, pushed by cheney and the rest of the PNAC crowd didn't much care about that.

I always hate it when people refer to "the vote for war." It was NOT a vote for war or it would have been a declaration of war. You're right when you state that it was the threat of war members were voting for because it only gave the president the authorization for military force without having to come back to Congress. I think everyone was under the impression (because the Bush Administration kept saying it) that war would be the last resort. People tend to forget that the inspections were going on until Bush had the UN recall the inspectors so he could launch air strikes. The timing seemed suspicious to me since there was a lot of talk at the time of the need to launch any land invasion before the summer arrived. And what did Bush end up doing?

Okay...are you saying we have a moral responsibility to do something about ISIS because of our role in the ME? Nothing the matter with that, I just think we need to let them fight it out for a while.

I don't know what he thinks but what congress INTENDED in the resolution that the threat of war be used to force cooperation with the inspections... and it did.

of course, baby bush, pushed by cheney and the rest of the PNAC crowd didn't much care about that.

I always hate it when people refer to "the vote for war." It was NOT a vote for war or it would have been a declaration of war. You're right when you state that it was the threat of war members were voting for because it only gave the president the authorization for military force without having to come back to Congress. I think everyone was under the impression (because the Bush Administration kept saying it) that war would be the last resort. People tend to forget that the inspections were going on until Bush had the UN recall the inspectors so he could launch air strikes. The timing seemed suspicious to me since there was a lot of talk at the time of the need to launch any land invasion before the summer arrived. And what did Bush end up doing?

True. Too bad Congress and the public didn't know about the following memo at the time:

The Downing Street Memo :: What is it?

Here's what is going to happen in Iraq:

1. The Iraqi military and Shiite militias, with the help of U.S. air power and a small number of U.S. special forces, will stop the ISIS drive to Baghdad.

2. These same forces will be reinforced by Iranian military units and drive ISIS out of Iraq.

3. After lot's of diplomacy, the Syrian government will form an alliance with moderate Syrian rebels and destroy ISIS in Syria. (This will happen because ISIS will be weak after losing in Iraq).

4. U.S./Iranian relations will improve dramatically. There will be agreement on the Iranian nuclear issue and Iran will tone down on it's anti-Isreali rhetoric.

5. U.S. conservatives will eat crow again.

So when they authorized the use of force, they didn't think that they were authorizing force....

So they are incompetent.

So when they authorized the use of force, they didn't think that they were authorizing force....

So they are incompetent.

They (certain members of Congress) were naïve to believe that Bush would just accept the authorization and the power without actually using it if he got the chance to do so.

I actually thought it was a smart move at the time. Use the threat of force to force Saddam Hussein into making serious concessions. The fact is it was working. But then I noticed something that disturbed me. It seemed like Bush was like the big guy on the beach who kept pushing and pushing and pushing someone because he WANTED a fight. Bush and people in his administration would make demands. Saddam would comply like he did with the inspections. But there was always something to follow, or there was a claim that the compliance was inadequate or that the inspections were being thwarted. My guess is that Bush, Cheney, et al figured that at some point Saddam would balk, or refuse to comply, or just plain do something that would throw roadblocks in the way. But for the most part, Saddam complied, probably because he had no real WMDs to hide, although he didn't want Iran or his internal enemies to know that because it might embolden them. My sense is this just served to piss Bush off because he was itching to go in anyway. Finally, Bush and company just removed any and all pretense to wanting an accountability of Iraq's WMD program when Bush had the UN remove the inspectors and Bush went on TV to announce that hostilities were eminent.

That's when I knew that Bush had duped the whole world. I never believed a word he said after that day.

Maybe Glenn Beck is not so crazy after all. :smiliehug:

Glenn Beck: ?Liberals, you were right? on the war in Iraq | MSNBC

No, you’re not dreaming.

Conservative radio pundit Glenn Beck—the man who famously said “The most used phrase in my administration if I were to be president would be ‘What the hell you mean we’re out of missiles?’” — is siding with liberals on the war in Iraq.

“Now, in spite of the things I felt at the time when we went into war, liberals said: We shouldn’t get involved. We shouldn’t nation-build. And there was no indication the people of Iraq had the will to be free. I thought that was insulting at the time. Everybody wants to be free. They said we couldn’t force freedom on people. Let me lead with my mistakes,” Beck said on his radio program, according to a transcript on his site. “You are right. Liberals, you were right. We shouldn’t have.”

It was just a few liberals who criticized Bush's war of aggression against Iraq.

ALL Libertarians criticized his war.

Last edited:
how funny to watch them grovel at the feet of someone they hate just to show how they think it makes them right

liberalism is a mental disorder alright

man oh man

He deserves credit for his honesty.

I'm sure he knew this would piss off a lot of conservatives.

Credit where credit is due, good for him. We could use more honesty.

You're going to see a lot of Libertarians, like myself, say the exact same thing.

One day, you will realize that the "Far Right Libertarians/Tea Baggers" actually are the most moderate and normal among the Right Wing, and it's the Neocons that are the fucking extremists.

And then you'll realize that there's no difference between an establishment Despotcrat (Democrat) and an establishment Repugnatcan (Republican).

That's when you'll become a Classical Liberal (Libertarian).

He deserves credit for his honesty.

I'm sure he knew this would piss off a lot of conservatives.

Credit where credit is due, good for him. We could use more honesty.

You're going to see a lot of Libertarians, like myself, say the exact same thing.

One day, you will realize that the "Far Right Libertarians/Tea Baggers" actually are the most moderate and normal among the Right Wing, and it's the Neocons that are the fucking extremists.

And then you'll realize that there's no difference between an establishment Despotcrat (Democrat) and an establishment Repugnatcan (Republican).

That's when you'll become a Classical Liberal (Libertarian).

Libertarians are fine, regretfully, they think the tea party legitimizes their views...their biggest mistake is aligning themselves with the Tea Party. Most teapers aren't legitimized libertarians...they are racists and pro-armed insurrection assholes who can't deal with a black President.

Forum List

Back