Give 'em Hell in a Hurry, Harry!

"The explicit definitions we find in the US Code, international conventions, official or quasi-official US documents, and other such sources.

"These agree that terrorism is 'the calculated use of violence or threat of violence to attain goals that are political, religious, or ideological in nature. This is done through intimidation, coercion, or instilling fear' (US Army Operational Concept for Terrorism Counteraction).

"Still simpler is the characterization in a Pentagon-commissioned study by noted terrorologist Robert Kupperman, which speaks of the threat or use of force 'to achieve political objectives without the full-scale commitment of resources,' that is, short of outright war.8

"We might counterpose to these an Orwellian definition, too cynical to take seriously: 'terrorism" is terrorism that is perpetrated by official enemies; terrorism that we or our clients conduct does not fall under the concept.'"

No Longer Safe

Where does defending your country fit into this terrorist thing?

If you are defending your country and your enemy is a lot more powerful, you are a terrorist...too bad! :eek:

"The explicit definitions we find in the US Code, international conventions, official or quasi-official US documents, and other such sources.

"These agree that terrorism is 'the calculated use of violence or threat of violence to attain goals that are political, religious, or ideological in nature. This is done through intimidation, coercion, or instilling fear' (US Army Operational Concept for Terrorism Counteraction).

"Still simpler is the characterization in a Pentagon-commissioned study by noted terrorologist Robert Kupperman, which speaks of the threat or use of force 'to achieve political objectives without the full-scale commitment of resources,' that is, short of outright war.8

"We might counterpose to these an Orwellian definition, too cynical to take seriously: 'terrorism" is terrorism that is perpetrated by official enemies; terrorism that we or our clients conduct does not fall under the concept.'"

No Longer Safe

If you are defending your country and your enemy is a lot more powerful, you are a terrorist...too bad! :eek:

AKA a terrorist is the guy with the small b0mb...Brendan Behan.

No Longer Safe

guerilla - a member of an irregular armed force that fights a stronger force by sabotage and harassment

guerilla - definition of guerilla by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

terrorist - a radical who employs terror as a political weapon; usually organizes with other terrorists in small cells; often uses religion as a cover for terrorist activities

terrorist - definition of terrorist by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

"ter·ror (trr)
n.
1. Intense, overpowering fear. See Synonyms at fear.
2. One that instills intense fear: a rabid dog that became the terror of the neighborhood.

3. The ability to instill intense fear: the terror of jackboots pounding down the street.
4. Violence committed or threatened by a group to intimidate or coerce a population, as for military or political purposes.

5. Informal An annoying or intolerable pest: that little terror of a child.

Free Online Dictionary - terror

"ter·ror (trr)
n.
1. Intense, overpowering fear. See Synonyms at fear.
2. One that instills intense fear: a rabid dog that became the terror of the neighborhood.

3. The ability to instill intense fear: the terror of jackboots pounding down the street.
4. Violence committed or threatened by a group to intimidate or coerce a population, as for military or political purposes.

5. Informal An annoying or intolerable pest: that little terror of a child.

Free Online Dictionary - terror
Oh look it's Hamas/Fatah controlled 'Palestine', lots of pancakes there too.

Meanwhile...back on the campaign...

"Sometime in the late 1950s, that world-class gossip and occasional historian, John F. Kennedy, told me how, in 1948, Harry S. Truman had been pretty much abandoned by everyone when he came to run for president.

"Then an American Zionist brought him two million dollars in cash, in a suitcase, aboard his whistle-stop campaign train.

"'That's why our recognition of Israel was rushed through so fast.'

"As neither Jack nor I was an antisemite (unlike his father and my grandfather) we took this to be just another funny story about Truman and the serene corruption of American politics."

How many Zionist pancakes could Harry buy with $2 million in 1948?

How many innocent human beings have died because he took a Zionist bribe?

Jewish History, Jewish Religion

Gaza did not belong to Egypt. Egypt merely occupied it. A country does not cease to exist when it is under occupation.

Gaza was Egyptian occupied Palestinian land. Now it is Israeli occupied Palestinian land.

Palestine was not a country, tell us the history of this Palestinian country. Go ahead, cut and paste from wikipedia, just curious as to what you come up with.

Then who owned Palestine if not the Palestinian?

Palestine was never a people, never. Palestine was used by the Syrian's to describe a geographically defined area.

Never a country, you can ask simple questions, but you cannot answer my question, tell us the history of the Arab Nation Palestine. Go ahead.

What year was Palestine created, the year of independence, the first king, the first murder to kill another to be the leader, give us something instead of your endless circle of questions and statements, give us the history.

Meanwhile...back on the campaign...

"Sometime in the late 1950s, that world-class gossip and occasional historian, John F. Kennedy, told me how, in 1948, Harry S. Truman had been pretty much abandoned by everyone when he came to run for president.

"Then an American Zionist brought him two million dollars in cash, in a suitcase, aboard his whistle-stop campaign train.

"As neither Jack nor I was an antisemite (unlike his father and my grandfather) we took this to be just another funny story about Truman and the serene corruption of American politics."

How many Zionist pancakes could Harry buy with $2 million in 1948?

How many innocent human beings have died because he took a Zionist bribe?

Jewish History, Jewish Religion

How many innocent people in history have died because people such as Chomsky and George are the same type of people who were devote Nazis. How many people can two people with Chomsky and George's ideals throw in a gas chamber per hour.

When Israel declared it's independence on May 14, 1948, President Harry Truman required all of 11 minutes to recognize the Jewish state.

"Truman wrote:

'Hitler had been murdering Jews right and left. I saw it, and I dream about it even to this day. The Jews needed some place where they could go. It is my attitude that the American government couldn't stand idly by while the victims [of] Hitler's madness are not allowed to build new lives.

Martin Luther King, Jr...:clap2:
I see Israel as one of the great outposts of democracy in the world, and a marvelous example of what can be done, how desert land can be transformed into an oasis of brotherhood and democracy. Peace for Israel means security and that security must be a reality.

Think a $2 million bribe helped birth the Jewish State?

Seems only fitting.

The historical connection with Jews and the land created the Jewish state, dummy.

The League of Nations agreed...
Whereas recognition has thereby been given to the historical connection of the Jewish people with Palestine and to the grounds for reconstituting their national home in that country

Allah agrees...
Quran 5:20-21...
Remember Moses said to his people: 'O my people! Recall in remembrance the favor of Allah unto you, when He produced prophets among you, made you kings, and gave you what He had not given to any other among the peoples. O my people! Enter the holy land which Allah hath assigned unto you, and turn not back ignominiously, for then will ye be overthrown, to your own ruin.

Barack Obama agrees...:
Israel is a sovereign state, and the historic homeland of the Jewish people.

It should be clear to all that efforts to chip away at Israel's legitimacy will only be met by the unshakeable opposition of the United States. The slaughter of innocent Israelis is not resistance -- it's injustice
Remarks by the President to the United Nations General Assembly | The White House

Winston Churchill agreed...:
The Jews had Palestine before that indigenous population [the Arabs] came in and inhabited it
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Churchill-Jews-Friendship-Martin-Gilbert/dp/0805078800]Amazon.com: Churchill and the Jews: A Lifelong Friendship (9780805078800): Martin Gilbert: Books: Reviews, Prices & more[/ame]

The US Congress agrees...

The United States Congressional Record
1922 HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
NATIONAL HOME FOR THE JEWISH PEOPLE JUNE 30, 1922
HOUSE RESOLUTION 360 - UNANIMOUSLY ADOPTED
Palestine of today, the land we now know as Palestine, was peopled by the Jews from the dawn of history until the Roman era. It is the ancestral homeland of the Jewish people. They were driven from it by force by the relentless Roman military machine and for centuries prevented from returning. At different periods various alien people succeeded them but the Jewish race had left an indelible impress upon the land.

Today it is a Jewish country. Every name, every landmark, every monument and every trace of whatever civilization remaining there is still Jewish. And it has ever since remained a hope, a longing, as expressed in their prayers for these nearly 2,000 years. No other people has ever claimed Palestine as their national home. No other people has ever shown an aptitude or indicated a genuine desire to make it their homeland. The land has been ruled by foreigners. Only since the beginning of the modern Zionist effort may it be said that a creative, cultural, and economic force has entered Palestine. The Jewish Nation was forced from its natural home. It did not go because it wanted to.

A perusal of Jewish history, a reading of Josephus, will convince the most skeptical that the grandest fight that was ever put up against an enemy was put up by the Jew. He never thought of leaving Palestine. But he was driven out. But did he, when driven out, give up his hope of getting back? Jewish history and Jewish literature give the answer to the question. The Jew even has a fast day devoted to the day of destruction of the Jewish homeland.

Never throughout history did they give up hope of returning there. I am told that 90 per cent of the Jews today are praying for the return of the Jewish people to its own home. The best minds among them believe in the necessity of reestablishing their Jewish land. To my mind there is something prophetic in the fact that during the ages no other nation has taken over Palestine and held it in the sense of a homeland; and there is something providential in the fact that for 1,800 years it has remained in desolation as if waiting for the return of the people.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0688123635/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0688123627&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0HX00TRZAFXPP1PG6MNR]Amazon.com: Israel: A History (9780688123635): Martin Gilbert: Books[/ame]

Be sure to mention that to Gore Vidal the next time you're banned.

"As neither Jack nor I was an antisemite (unlike his father and my grandfather) we took this to be just another funny story about Truman and the serene corruption of American politics.

Jewish History...

Be sure to mention that to Gore Vidal the next time you're banned.

Still, no reputational points for you? Tsk tsk

Sometime in the late 1950s, that world-class gossip and occasional historian, John F. Kennedy, told me how, in 1948, Harry S. Truman had been pretty much abandoned by everyone when he came to run for president.

"Then an American Zionist brought him two million dollars in cash, in a suitcase, aboard his whistle-stop campaign train]

ifamericansknew.or

BOGUS website. This is why you're severely uneducated.

When Israel declared it's independence on May 14, 1948, President Harry Truman required all of 11 minutes to recognize the Jewish state.

"Truman wrote:

'Hitler had been murdering Jews right and left. I saw it, and I dream about it even to this day. The Jews needed some place where they could go. It is my attitude that the American government couldn't stand idly by while the victims [of] Hitler's madness are not allowed to build new lives.'"

Harry S. Truman - Wiki

Gore Vidal offers JFK's version of Harry's dream:

'That's why our recognition of Israel was rushed through so fast.'

"As neither Jack nor I was an anti-Semite (unlike his father and my grandfather) we took this to be just another funny story about Truman and the serene corruption of American politics."

Jewish History, Jewish Religion...

so, you are basically claiming that Truman was bought, to recognize Israel? is that correct?

Think a $2 million bribe helped birth the Jewish State?

Seems only fitting.

Uneducated one, the full international body of the League of Nations unanimously "birthed" Israel in 1922, well before Truman's presidency.
Whereas recognition has thereby been given to the historical connection of the Jewish people with Palestine and to the grounds for reconstituting their national home in that country

Open a book

Last edited:

"Truman wrote:

'Hitler had been murdering Jews right and left. I saw it, and I dream about it even to this day. The Jews needed some place where they could go. It is my attitude that the American government couldn't stand idly by while the victims [of] Hitler's madness are not allowed to build new lives.'"

Harry S. Truman - Wiki

Gore Vidal offers JFK's version of Harry's dream:

'That's why our recognition of Israel was rushed through so fast.'

"As neither Jack nor I was an anti-Semite (unlike his father and my grandfather) we took this to be just another funny story about Truman and the serene corruption of American politics."

Jewish History, Jewish Religion...

so, you are basically claiming that Truman was bought, to recognize Israel? is that correct?
JFK apparently thought so.
Gore Vidal found it credible.
Sounds like a likely example of the serene corruption of American politics to me.
What about you?

Palestine was not a country, tell us the history of this Palestinian country. Go ahead, cut and paste from wikipedia, just curious as to what you come up with.

Palestine was never a people, never. Palestine was used by the Syrian's to describe a geographically defined area.

Never a country, you can ask simple questions, but you cannot answer my question, tell us the history of the Arab Nation Palestine. Go ahead.

What year was Palestine created, the year of independence, the first king, the first murder to kill another to be the leader, give us something instead of your endless circle of questions and statements, give us the history.

Israel has put considerable effort into making the world believe that there never was a Palestine and there are no Palestinians. They have blown a lot of smoke on this issue.

A simple look at history proves this to be false. In the area that is now inside Palestine's borders, the Jews were not the first people there. The Jews were never the only people there. Sure there were many invasions and conquests, and many flags have flown over city hall, but there have always been people with roots in that place. Over time others went there to be a part of that place. That place is now called Palestine and the people be they Muslims, Christians, Jews, or others are called Palestinians.

Israel has put considerable effort into making the world believe that there never was a Palestine and there are no Palestinians. They have blown a lot of smoke on this issue.

A simple look at history proves this to be false. In the area that is now inside Palestine's borders, the Jews were not the first people there. The Jews were never the only people there. Sure there were many invasions and conquests, and many flags have flown over city hall, but there have always been people with roots in that place. Over time others went there to be a part of that place. That place is now called Palestine and the people be they Muslims, Christians, Jews, or others are called Palestinians.

I agree, no argument here. Everything I read says the same thing, while most things depending when its wrote.

So tell us the history of local Arab rule in Palestine, at best its a history of control of specific Arab cities, never a unified government or monarchy of local Arabs in Palestine. There were Arab cities, Jewish cities, mixed Christian, Jewish, Moslem, Arab, Syrian, etc., cities.

So fill me in on what I miss, Capital under who's leadership or control.

I agree, no argument here. Everything I read says the same thing, while most things depending when its wrote.

So tell us the history of local Arab rule in Palestine, at best its a history of control of specific Arab cities, never a unified government or monarchy of local Arabs in Palestine. There were Arab cities, Jewish cities, mixed Christian, Jewish, Moslem, Arab, Syrian, etc., cities.

So fill me in on what I miss, Capital under who's leadership or control.

Decisions of international and national tribunals

The U.S. State Department Digest of International Law says that the terms of the Treaty of Lausanne provided for the application of the principles of state succession to the "A" Mandates. The Treaty of Versailles (1920) provisionally recognized the former Ottoman communities as independent nations. It also required Germany to recognize the disposition of the former Ottoman territories and to recognize the new states laid down within their boundaries. The Treaty of Lausanne required the newly created states that acquired the territory to pay annuities on the Ottoman public debt, and to assume responsibility for the administration of concessions that had been granted by the Ottomans. A dispute regarding the status of the territories was settled by an Arbitrator appointed by the Council of the League of Nations. It was decided that Palestine and Transjordan were newly created states according to the terms of the applicable post-war treaties. In its Judgment No. 5, The Mavrommatis Palestine Concessions, the Permanent Court of International Justice also decided that Palestine was responsible as the successor state for concessions granted by Ottoman authorities. The Courts of Palestine and Great Britain decided that title to the properties shown on the Ottoman Civil list had been ceded to the government of Palestine as an allied successor state.[16]

Opinions of officials and legal scholars

For John Quigley Palestine's existence as a state predates the 1988 declaration. Tracing Palestine's status as an international entity back to the collapse of the Ottoman Empire after World War I, he recalls that the Palestine Mandate (1918–1948), an arrangement made under Article 22 of the Covenant of the League of Nations, held as its "ultimate objective", the "self-determination and independence of the people concerned." He says that in explicitly referring to the Covenant, the 1988 declaration was reaffirming an existing Palestinian statehood.[126] Noting that Palestine under the Mandate entered into bilateral treaties, including one with Great Britain, the Mandatory power, he cites this as an example of its "sovereignty" at that time. He also notes the corollary of the Stimson Doctrine and the customary prohibition on the use of force contained in the Restatement of Foreign Relations Law of the United States, "[a]n entity does not necessarily cease to be a state even if all of its territory has been occupied by a foreign power".[86]

States recognising the State of Palestine

The exact number of countries recognizing the State of Palestine is unknown, due to the equivocal nature of many official statements of acknowledgment.[155] Many countries have a standing policy against making formal declarations that recognize new governments instead indicating their recognition of a state by doing business with its government.[105] Francis Boyle, legal advisor to the PLO, assisted the organization in drafting the 1988 Declaration of the Establishment of the State of Palestine. At that time, the United States was using its Foreign Assistance Act and other measures to discourage other countries and international organizations from extending recognition.[156] According to one author, by 1988, more than 100 countries had recognized Palestine.[157] Boyle reported in 1990 that the number was 114 states.[95] In 2005, Anat Kurz reported that 117 United Nations member states had formally recognised the state of Palestine as a sovereign state.[158] In 2010, Boyle reported that the number was 127.[159]

State of Palestine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

States recognising the State of Palestine

Palestine doesn't exist, dummy. :lol:

Historian Bernard Lewis...
For Arabs, the term Palestine was unacceptable. For Muslims it was alien and irrelevant. The main objection for them was that it seemed to assert a separate entity which politically conscious Arabs in Palestine and elsewhere denied. For them there was no such thing as a country called Palestine. The region which the British called Palestine was merely a separated part of a larger whole [Syria]. For a long time organized and articulate Arab political opinion was virtually unanimous on this point.

The Palestinian Arabs' basic sense of corporate historic identity was, at different levels, Muslim or Arab or -- for some -- Syrian; it is significant that even by the end of the Mandate in 1948, after 30 years of separate Palestinian political existence, there were virtually no books in Arabic on the history of Palestine.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Middle-East-Bernard-Lewis/dp/0684832801/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1288529772&sr=8-5]Amazon.com: The Middle East (9780684832807): Bernard Lewis: Books: Reviews, Prices & more[/ame]

Forum List

Back