Girl troubles

Semper Fi said:
1. Joz, I can fend for myself.....

2. Balancing hormones and sense of righteousness is extremely hard to do, I'd call it impossible.

1. I guess I overstepped my boundries. I apologize.

2. I tho't you could fend for yourself?

Most young men wait a few years before they become so arrogant as to think they understand all of life. I just wanted you to form your own opinions, not someone else's.

Semper?

Do you want to grow up quickly?
Then leave mommy’s familiar, safe haven and venture out into the danger zone. As Leon Podles said, “Go find your Holy Grail; go meet the strange, meet the unfamiliar.” Protect people; lead people; rescue people. Fight inequities and absurdities. Beware, young man, of parents and pastors who want to “mother” you. Avoid the secure; Fear over-protection; and happily accept the masculine task of the patriarch, the prophet, the warrior and wild man.

-=d=- said:
Semper?

Do you want to grow up quickly?
Then leave mommy’s familiar, safe haven and venture out into the danger zone. As Leon Podles said, “Go find your Holy Grail; go meet the strange, meet the unfamiliar.” Protect people; lead people; rescue people. Fight inequities and absurdities. Beware, young man, of parents and pastors who want to “mother” you. Avoid the secure; Fear over-protection; and happily accept the masculine task of the patriarch, the prophet, the warrior and wild man.

but first do your chores , your homework and respect people who try to help you.

Jesus guys. I dont want to move out, I just want a girl I can put my arm around, you know? Girls dont have cooties anymore, now they have booties. (joke). I dont want to start a family, I want to start having a no BS relationship, you know? And maybe I do want to grow up, only because I dont want to be the teenage punk stoner steriotype anymore.

Semper Fi said:
J..... And maybe I do want to grow up, only because I dont want to be the teenage punk stoner steriotype anymore.

You think it gets easier? With mortgages to pay, & kids to feed & clothe, doctor bills, even vet bills. And sometimes not enough money to go around.

While most of us enjoy being adults, there are times when every one of us envy the carefree days of less responsibility. Right now, all you have to worry about is getting good grades & doing good for the team, and getting that girl. You go to the cabinet for a bandaid or medicine when you're hurt, there's always soap & toilet tissue & toothpaste & food. Have you read Khafley's thread?

And who thinks you're a stoner? Are you? Not one person on this board has ever treated you with anything but respect. You don't want to be treated like a child, then stop acting like one. But you know what? That's impossible. Because, dispite the fact, that no matter how you slice it, you are still a YOUNG man.

No one on the board has called me a stoner or given me any disrespect, thats why I keep coming back, thanks. But, as a teenager, I get looks from store owners and other people as if stating "get the hell out of here you punk!". Maybe Im just overreacting and paranoid. Thats probably it. Other than that Joz, I know getting older and out of the house isnt as good as it may seem now.

Semper Fi said:
. But, as a teenager, I get looks from store owners and other people as if stating "get the hell out of here you punk!". Maybe Im just overreacting and paranoid. Thats probably it. Other than that Joz, I know getting older and out of the house isnt as good as it may seem now.

You & all the other good kids are going to have to suffer for the actions of the ones who aren't. That's the nature of the beast. You will have to prove yourself until you get the reputation that you ARE a good guy. Just like you did on this board. It takes time. Nothing worth while comes quickly. Growing up is very difficult at times. You're doing just fine.

Hey kiddo. Happened to run across this thread. Looking for advice?

Don't push things. Relationships need to be developed one step at a time. Sometimes they need to stall or even go backwards before they can go forward, if they ever do. Learn to date, learn to break-up. You are in no hurry to mate and marry anyway.

Plan to date several young women during your teen years. You still need to learn more about yourself, about others, and about how you interrelate with different individuals of the opposite sex. Relax, learn, and have fun dating different people while you focus on building yourself a career.

Don't let the conversation always be just all about yourself. Ask and talk about her interests too. If she is interested about you as much as you are interested about her then you got a winner.

Always treat her like a lady. It shows her that you respect her and also that you are willing to make an effort to do those important little things on her behalf. And every self-respecting girl worth her salt expects to be treated like a lady. It also shows her that you have class. Even if it is good-bye, find the decent way to end it and still remain on friendly terms if possible.

Also remember that you are not for everyone just as everyone is not for you.

Ann Landers has nothing on me. :laugh:

ScreamingEagle said:

Don't push things. Relationships need to be developed one step at a time. Sometimes they need to stall or even go backwards before they can go forward, if they ever do. Learn to date, learn to break-up. You are in no hurry to mate and marry anyway.

Plan to date several young women during your teen years. You still need to learn more about yourself, about others, and about how you interrelate with different individuals of the opposite sex. Relax, learn, and have fun dating different people while you focus on building yourself a career.

Don't let the conversation always be just all about yourself. Ask and talk about her interests too. If she is interested about you as much as you are interested about her then you got a winner.

Always treat her like a lady. It shows her that you respect her and also that you are willing to make an effort to do those important little things on her behalf. And every self-respecting girl worth her salt expects to be treated like a lady. It also shows her that you have class. Even if it is good-bye, find the decent way to end it and still remain on friendly terms if possible.

Well, finally. Expert advice.
What a post! Ought to hang out your shingle on the board!

Semper Fi said:
Good. Glad we could work out the potential flame war we had going. :dance: :dance: :dance: lift the spirts a bit!

I'd have said the same thing to MY boys. You know me well enough to know I won't pull any punches with you. No flaming here.

Girl troubles?

Young man you don't have girl troubles..You have hormone and adolescent troubles.

The good news is it's normal..The bad news is, someday you WILL have Girl troubles
and long for the day ya didn't. Take Mr. Ps' word for it, Okay?

Oh, from what I've seen you post, ..you'll be fine....I promise!

ScreamingEagle said:

Best I could have asked for, thanks a bunch big guy!

Forum List

Back