Girl found guilty for boyfriend for killing himself

What if she had texted him that unless he killed another person, she would no longer be his girlfriend?
That would be accessory to murder

In this case she texted that unless he killed himself, she would no longer be his girlfriend
Makes her an accessory to the suicide....in this case voluntary manslaughter
Suicide isn't a crime. Apples and oranges
UNless you are psychologically controlling another.

This is on the boundary of what is and what is not legal. But I think the law should be changed, so that a person urging another to commit suicide is held accountable in the law. This was cyberbullying.

I agree...I'm on the fence about this...she should not be liable for his death...BUT...there is something terribly broken in a person who would urge another repeatedly to kill themselves - at the very least aiding and abetting.
Aiding and abetting what exactly?

OR they could have determined that while you can't convict somebody else for another's actions...

you can permanently lodge a sociopath who engaged in such behavior in a mental institution on the basis that although she hasn't directly done anything yet, she has proven herself to be unfit to dwell in society, and actually poses a threat to society.

This is on the boundary of what is and what is not legal. But I think the law should be changed, so that a person urging another to commit suicide is held accountable in the law. This was cyberbullying.

I agree...I'm on the fence about this...she should not be liable for his death...BUT...there is something terribly broken in a person who would urge another repeatedly to kill themselves - at the very least aiding and abetting.
Aiding and abetting is the same as being involved in a act.

Suicide.

What if she had texted him that unless he killed another person, she would no longer be his girlfriend?

In this case she texted that unless he killed himself, she would no longer be his girlfriend
Lol what? Is that even a thing?

Suicide.
Aiding and abetting would have to include a crime, yes?

I am sorry, I think this was a terrible ruling and will likely get overturned on appeal. Make no mistake, she is a huge piece of shit.

Which word is throwing you?

Careful with your words. Telling someone to "eat shit and die" could make you criminally liable if they do.

Michelle Carter text suicide trial verdict: Guilty

Unbelievable.. Another attack on free speech. He was going to kill himself either way so it had NOTHING to do with her but hey its Commiechusets so what do we expect.

Good verdict

The bitch had it coming
Of course a liberal sees nothing wrong with an attack on free speech. What she did is disgusting and vile but it is NOT criminal.

It is not free speech

If I order you to kill someone....is that free speech?

Participating in one is a crime

Ask Dr Kevorkian

No, you're wrong. Suicide is a crime.

Let me help you:

Power and control in abusive relationships (or controlling behaviour or coercive control) is the way that abusers gain and maintain control over a victim for an abusive purpose such as psychological, physical, sexual or financial abuse.

- Wikipedia

Psychological manipulation is a type of social influence that aims to change the behavior or perception of others through abusive, deceptive, or underhanded tactics.[1] By advancing the interests of the manipulator, often at another's expense, such methods could be considered exploitative, abusive, devious, and deceptive. The process of manipulation involves bringing an unknowing victim under the domination of the manipulator, often using deception, and using the victim to serve their own purposes

Last edited:
Michelle Carter text suicide trial verdict: Guilty

Unbelievable.. Another attack on free speech. He was going to kill himself either way so it had NOTHING to do with her but hey its Commiechusets so what do we expect.

Good verdict

The bitch had it coming
Of course a liberal sees nothing wrong with an attack on free speech. What she did is disgusting and vile but it is NOT criminal.

It is not free speech

If I order you to kill someone....is that free speech?
She didn't order. It is free speech. She wasn't there and he had free will to do as he wanted.

She needs psychological help. The maj of people would do all they could to talk someone NOT to commit suicide and try their best to notify someone who could help, call his parents or even the police.

The tongue is the most dangerous weapon, and so is peer pressure, even within congress.

Oh sorry , I agree with the verdict.

Suicide.
Aiding and abetting would have to include a crime, yes?

True.

Suicide is no longer a crime.

In some states attempted suicide is though.

Forum List

Back