Gingrich Flip-Flops On Libya

They do? Then why are some calling for his Impeachment because he faild to confer with the Congress except two days after the fact?

The rest of the world doesn't dictate squat to us.

Got it ACE? Obama should study on how to be a real leader...instead of a follower...and he should concentrate on his JOB rather than Basketball picks...and then running off to South America for no apparent good reason.

Now "Who" would be calling for his impeachment?

Obama played his cards right on this one. He held back, got a UN commitment of support and then allowed NATO forces to do the bulk of the work

Go ahead Republicans...make it a campaign issue

Hey Pubes...Did your boy Ron Reagan get a declaration of war before he attacked Libya?

No. He hemmed and hawed...sent mixed messages, and decided to follow the UN instead of stating outright AMERICAN Policy...

An Reagan was justified for going after Mo-Mo for the deaths Mo-Mo caused in BERLIN by the Terrorists that Mo-Mo sent.

Ball's back in your court sewerboy.

Didn't happen to get Congressional approval did he?

What? Was Ron Reagan exempt from the Constitution?

Has the 'flip-flopper' decided if he's going to run for president yet?

How would Newt have responded to the Libya crisis?

Oh yea....he would have invaded unilaterally until he found out the rest of the world would do it for him

Hey Pubes...Did your boy Ron Reagan get a declaration of war before he attacked Libya?

Libya attacked and murdered Americans, Reagan responded by trying to kill Qaddafi and blowing up a bunch of his toys. That is the role of the President, ass wipe. Though I've generally argued against our middle east policy, I've agreed with attacking the al Qaeda for 9/11 and the Taliban for harboring them. I opposed invading and trying to nation build there, but the job of the President is to defend the American people.

I haven't even seen your face yet, just the back of your head in Obama's crotch, isn't that his justification after he flip flopped for focusing on Afghanistan? They actually attacked us?

This time thought Libya did not attack us. There is no basis for a Presidential action and no basis for Congress to declare war on them.

Last edited:
Now "Who" would be calling for his impeachment?

Obama played his cards right on this one. He held back, got a UN commitment of support and then allowed NATO forces to do the bulk of the work

Go ahead Republicans...make it a campaign issue

No. He hemmed and hawed...sent mixed messages, and decided to follow the UN instead of stating outright AMERICAN Policy...

An Reagan was justified for going after Mo-Mo for the deaths Mo-Mo caused in BERLIN by the Terrorists that Mo-Mo sent.

Ball's back in your court sewerboy.

Didn't happen to get Congressional approval did he?

What? Was Ron Reagan exempt from the Constitution?

However? What American lives were LOST in this instance before we took action...? Reagan did so because Mo-Mo took AMERICAN LIVES in a Disco bombing...

Ball back in your court dumbass.

Wow if you're so all fired up about Flip Flopping why don't you address Obama's flip flopping hmmmmm?

Get us out of Iraq......Nope
Take over Afghanistan make it his "war" and get us out.......Nope
Inform the nation how the President hasn't the right to attack another Nation without the consent of congress..........Nope

Maybe you should start with something closer to home to get all fired up about

Gingrich Criticized Obama For Not Intervening In Libya, But Now Criticizes Him For Intervening In Libya

Earlier this month, former Speaker of the House and current presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich was hammering President Obama for not intervening in Libya. Asked, “what would you do about Libya?” Gingrich responded:
Exercise a no-fly zone this evening. … We don’t need to have the United Nations. All we have to say is that we think that slaughtering your own citizens is unacceptable and that we’re intervening.
During appearances that same day, Gingrich also said that he would provide help to the Libyan rebels on top of the no-fly zone: “This is a moment to get rid of him. Do it. Get it over with.” He later mocked Obama for filling out an NCAA bracket while France took the lead on intervention.
Now that Obama has initiated a no-fly zone over Libya, Gingrich has completely reversed his position with no apparent explanation. He told Politico over the weekend — less than 24 hours after Obama took action — that “it is impossible to make sense of the standard for intervention in Libya except opportunism and news media publicity.” This morning on the Today Show, he said plainly, “I would not have intervened”:

More . . .

Didn't the GOP spend millions of dollars pointing out the flip-flopping of John Kerry in 2004?
I'd say those ads worked pretty well for the GOP. It's pretty obvious that a majority of people see flip-flopping as a sign of weakness based on the results of those 2004 ads. People want someone strong willed, with embedded convictions. That's what people admired about GWB, he was consistent. I know many people who voted for "W" because of his notorious stubborn trait even though they didn't agree with him. Being consistent is a strength.
Newt showed he doesn't have what it takes to be a strong leader. His flip-flops expose him as a typical politician, who will say what he has to, just to get elected. He's no better than John Kerry and other political whores without strong convictions..

Libya attacked and murdered Americans, Reagan responded by trying to kill Qaddafi and blowing up a bunch of his toys. That is the role of the President, ass wipe. Though I've generally argued against our middle east policy, I've agreed with attacking the al Qaeda for 9/11 and the Taliban for harboring them. I opposed invading and trying to nation build there, but the job of the President is to defend the American people.

I haven't even seen your face yet, just the back of your head in Obama's crotch, isn't that his justification after he flip flopped for focusing on Afghanistan? They actually attacked us?

This time thought Libya did not attack us. There is no basis for a Presidential action and no basis for Congress to declare war on them.

You mean he used his presidential powers???

Oh I get it now......a country has to ATTACK us
So getting 4000 soldiers killed was wrong

Or are you flip flopping?

Last edited:
5526326907_84b5a74985.jpg

What? You got a problem with flip flopping? Asswipe promised before he was elected to free us from foreign oil now he goes down to Brazil promises to fund them 2 Billion dollars to drill oil wells and says we'll be their best customers.. this while thousands of our own oil jobs are lost because of his disgraceful BAN on drilling in the gulf of Mexico. Since he's the one in power I suggest you whine about that for awhile.. go.

The semi-exposed MONUMENTAL FRAUD, Pathological LIAR and Stone Cold MARXIST Obami Salaami is also denying permits for IN SHORE DRILLING of all kinds claiming reliance on GREEN ENERGY which alone is a farcical, ridiculously expensive and inadequate ENERGY DISASTER for America.......especially with the Mid East erupting to the detriment of America's interests and our prices going through the roof !!!!

So what are these then?
(Reuters) - The U.S. Interior Department said on Tuesday it approved a permit for Exxon Mobil (XOM.N) to drill in the deep waters of the Gulf of Mexico, the fourth such deepwater permit the department has cleared since the BP oil spill last summer.
U.S. OKs 4th deepwater drilling permit since BP spill | Reuters

Salazar said the federal Bureau of Land Management, which he oversees, will process more than 7,200 applications for Indian and public-land permits — up from 5,000 in 2010.
US Interior Secretary Salazar: Onshore drilling permit applications expected to jump in 2011 | Markets | Market News | Canadian Business Online

And why are these people doing this?
The oil and gas industry has nearly 7,200 permits to drill on public lands that it has yet to use, according to Bureau of Land Management data obtained by Greenwire.
Oil and Gas Industry Sitting on 7,200 Drilling Permits - NYTimes.com

Hmmm...odder and odder....

You mean he used his presidential powers???

Oh I get it now......a country has to ATTACK us
So getting 4000 soldiers killed was wrong

Or are you flip flopping?
I love when you think you're being clever. You and clever go together like ice cream and sardines.

You asked about Reagan and Libya, when I answered your question you answered it as if you'd asked me about Lebanon and mocked it. I answered the question you asked, which was about Reagan and Libya. You would have just demonstrated an actual use of a "strawman argument." A term you like to use but are to lazy to look up what it means.

Had you have asked me about Lebanon then no, it was not Constitutional and it was a mistake. The only flip flop in my argument is when you don't address my argument, you address a strawman of it.

Try to give me a clever answer to this, it's so funny when you do that.

Forum List

Back