Gingrich Flip-Flops On Libya

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Synthaholic, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Synthaholic

Synthaholic Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Kicking PoliticalChic's ass up & down the forum
    Ratings:
    +8,873
    Gingrich Criticized Obama For Not Intervening In Libya, But Now Criticizes Him For Intervening In Libya

Earlier this month, former Speaker of the House and current presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich was hammering President Obama for not intervening in Libya. Asked, “what would you do about Libya?” Gingrich responded:
    Exercise a no-fly zone this evening. … We don’t need to have the United Nations. All we have to say is that we think that slaughtering your own citizens is unacceptable and that we’re intervening.
    During appearances that same day, Gingrich also said that he would provide help to the Libyan rebels on top of the no-fly zone: “This is a moment to get rid of him. Do it. Get it over with.” He later mocked Obama for filling out an NCAA bracket while France took the lead on intervention.
    Now that Obama has initiated a no-fly zone over Libya, Gingrich has completely reversed his position with no apparent explanation. He told Politico over the weekend — less than 24 hours after Obama took action — that “it is impossible to make sense of the standard for intervention in Libya except opportunism and news media publicity.” This morning on the Today Show, he said plainly, “I would not have intervened”:

More . . .

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,727
    What? You got a problem with flip flopping? Asswipe promised before he was elected to free us from foreign oil now he goes down to Brazil promises to fund them 2 Billion dollars to drill oil wells and says we'll be their best customers.. this while thousands of our own oil jobs are lost because of his disgraceful BAN on drilling in the gulf of Mexico. Since he's the one in power I suggest you whine about that for awhile.. go.

3. Synthaholic

Synthaholic Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Kicking PoliticalChic's ass up & down the forum
    Ratings:
    +8,873
    WillowTree needs a hug! [​IMG]

4. Seawytch

Seawytch Information isnt Advocacy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,043
    The right wing doesn't know what their message on Libya is supposed to be. If President Obama does it, they are against it...even if it is something they are for (like bombing the shit out of a Middle East Country).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtMV44yoXZ0"]Whatever it is, I'm Against it[/ame]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  5. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Gingrich is not flip flopping, he is being totally consistent in saying Obama is wrong even when he is right, that is how he makes his money.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Anybody that pays attention to anything Gingrich does deserves to be twisted.

7. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,163
    I'm sure alot of people who were originally for intervention will flip on Libya before this is through. The more information we recieve, the less this seems like a good idea. I mean wouldnt it have been nice to know the rebels were members of Al Qaeda before we supported them?

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Reminds me of the Democrats that signed off on Iraq and Afghanistan, then tried to claim they didn't know the intel they read was bad, same as Bush. Now, is Gingrich privy to all that is involved with Libya? If not, well he's being Gingrich. So what. He doesn't hold office, last I checked.

9. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    When Gingrich said "This is a moment to get rid of him," he was talking about Obama.

10. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    too funny

poor Newt

what is the GOP gonna do?