Gingrich Flip-Flops On Libya

This is one of those good "Flip-Flops." Nice to see Gingrich coming around.
Yeah......after he got....

BUSTED!!!!!

(How heroic, of him.)

Wankin.gif

Gingrich Criticized Obama For Not Intervening In Libya, But Now Criticizes Him For Intervening In Libya

Earlier this month, former Speaker of the House and current presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich was hammering President Obama for not intervening in Libya. Asked, “what would you do about Libya?” Gingrich responded:
Exercise a no-fly zone this evening. … We don’t need to have the United Nations. All we have to say is that we think that slaughtering your own citizens is unacceptable and that we’re intervening.
During appearances that same day, Gingrich also said that he would provide help to the Libyan rebels on top of the no-fly zone: “This is a moment to get rid of him. Do it. Get it over with.” He later mocked Obama for filling out an NCAA bracket while France took the lead on intervention.
Now that Obama has initiated a no-fly zone over Libya, Gingrich has completely reversed his position with no apparent explanation. He told Politico over the weekend — less than 24 hours after Obama took action — that “it is impossible to make sense of the standard for intervention in Libya except opportunism and news media publicity.” This morning on the Today Show, he said plainly, “I would not have intervened”:

More . . .

Of course.

Last edited:
Reminds me of the Democrats that signed off on Iraq and Afghanistan, then tried to claim they didn't know the intel they read was bad, same as Bush. Now, is Gingrich privy to all that is involved with Libya? If not, well he's being Gingrich. So what. He doesn't hold office, last I checked.

Is it that tough to just criticize Gingrich without having to bring up the "they did it too" excuse?

Obama flip flopped on Libya as well. He flip flopped on Egypt, and he has no flip flopped on the war powers act.

Your point?

Another one. There are already plenty of threads on USMB about Obama's hypocrisy. Can you not recognize Gingrich's or does your partisanship not allow you to as well?

All good little puppets for the GOP. :thup:

What? You got a problem with flip flopping?

You dont?

If you only knew how many pos reps Dante received for this link you'd have a heart attack from laughing so hard. :lol:

true story

most people are fearful of confronting such a psycho as Wiltle Weeny Willow Twee

If the man were married to Willow Tree: Self Defense
A person goes out and buys two large hunting knives, sharpens and hones them to a fine sharp edge, waits in a dark hallway til his wife shows up then saws off her head would he be guilty of premeditated first degree murder or of second degree murder?

If the man were married to you, the proper judgment would be Self Defense

:eusa_whistle:

:eusa_shhh:

Newt Gingrich flip flopped? Oh, that's a huge suprise. Isn't he the guy who had an affair while publicy chastizing another man for doing the same? Yeah, I thought so.

I'm with Avatar on this one. I suspect there will be a lot of flip flopping on this one as things play out and information is released. I also expect both sides to be flip flopping.

Immie

From what I just read he is not criticizing him for going into Libya. he is criticizing him for not having a clear exit strat. For basically putting so many constraints on the mission in order to get the Arab league on board, that we might as well not be doing it at all.

nice try though.

Not really.

If this thread represents best regurgitation from MSNBC, then they're really reaching the bottom of the barrel of indignant reactions.

Gingrich Criticized Obama For Not Intervening In Libya, But Now Criticizes Him For Intervening In Libya

Earlier this month, former Speaker of the House and current presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich was hammering President Obama for not intervening in Libya. Asked, “what would you do about Libya?” Gingrich responded:
Exercise a no-fly zone this evening. … We don’t need to have the United Nations. All we have to say is that we think that slaughtering your own citizens is unacceptable and that we’re intervening.
During appearances that same day, Gingrich also said that he would provide help to the Libyan rebels on top of the no-fly zone: “This is a moment to get rid of him. Do it. Get it over with.” He later mocked Obama for filling out an NCAA bracket while France took the lead on intervention.
Now that Obama has initiated a no-fly zone over Libya, Gingrich has completely reversed his position with no apparent explanation. He told Politico over the weekend — less than 24 hours after Obama took action — that “it is impossible to make sense of the standard for intervention in Libya except opportunism and news media publicity.” This morning on the Today Show, he said plainly, “I would not have intervened”:

More . . .

My guess is that Newt is trying to read the tea-leaves. His reflex is to support using military action abroad but the Tea Party is generally against this. And since Newt wants to be a Tea Party guy, he realized that he'd better get on board and do a switch-a-roo.

More . . .

My guess is that Newt is trying to read the tea-leaves. His reflex is to support using military action abroad but the Tea Party is generally against this. And since Newt wants to be a Tea Party guy, he realized that he'd better get on board and do a switch-a-roo.

It's interesting to see the far left (Dennis Kucinich) and the Tea Party agreeing on something.

Gingrich didn't flip flop in his plans for Libya.

He stayed consistent in his opposition to Obama - which is the far more important component for any Republican running for president.

Get your priorities straight lefties. It don't really matter what Gingrich said or didn't say does it?
What matters to every American is the president's attitude and it seems that he flip flopped all over the place after he fled the US rather than take responsibility for Hillary's war.

Get your priorities straight lefties. It don't really matter what Gingrich said or didn't say does it?

As a leading Republican nominee for the presidency in 2012, it matters what he says.

Considering he hasnt even announced anything, how can he be a leading Republican nominee.

As far as I know we have three candidates so far:

Pawlenty
Trump
Cain

There could be more. I havent heard of any announcements.

As a leading Republican nominee for the presidency in 2012, it matters what he says.

Considering he hasnt even announced anything, how can he be a leading Republican nominee.

Short of being called out for cheating on his wives, he has given every indication he is running - including being removed from Fox's payroll b/c they think he's a candidate.

Short of being called out for cheating on his wives, he has given every indication he is running - including being removed from Fox's payroll b/c they think he's a candidate.

Looks like he has said to be in... hmmm how the heck did i miss that.

So has Former Governor Buddy Roemer of Louisiana and that guy from the Rent is too damn high party.

Forum List

Back