Gingrich: Apology To Karzai An Outrage...

Rather than "apologize" why wouldn't an American President forthrightly note how stupid it is to kill people over the destruction of a work of dopey fiction?

The soldiers were killed AFTER the apology.

Let's wait and see what the President's response is to the killings. Don't try to rewrite history and make it sound like the President apologized after the killings.

Right. 'Cuz none of the very rational and humane and intelligent adherents of radical Islam ever killed anybody over an insult to the faith or anything.

And now our 'good friend' Karzai want our kids arrested and imprisoned. Man, what a messed up Foreign Policy. All this Taxpayer Cash just being pissed away.

Rather than "apologize" why wouldn't an American President forthrightly note how stupid it is to kill people over the destruction of a work of dopey fiction?

Let's wait and see what the President's response is to the killings. Don't try to rewrite history and make it sound like the President apologized after the killings.

Right. 'Cuz none of the very rational and humane and intelligent adherents of radical Islam ever killed anybody over an insult to the faith or anything.

Your comebacks aren't even making any sense! Get some sleep, PLEASE. :eek:

Your dull-witted "rejoinder" ^ was fascinating.

It was almost like you were attempting to communicate.

And now our 'good friend' Karzai want our kids arrested and imprisoned. Man, what a messed up Foreign Policy. All this Taxpayer Cash just being pissed away.

I wouldn't hand anyone over, but somebody should pay, not the "kids", but the officers that were supervising them.

I wouldn't hand anyone over, but somebody should pay, not the "kids", but the officers that were supervising them.

Apparently, Konrav cannot quite grasp the explanation for why the books got burned.

The President was forced to apologize for the stupidity of the US Military that needlessly gave the enemy just what they sought to rally against - irregardless the fictitious document.

As posted on another thread. I remember well what I call the "grumpy speech" given to a bunch of us new scared replacemens wanting to replace our fear with heroic machoism. The officer's grumpy speech went something like this: the enemy is grumpy enough already, and I don't want you twits making him more grumpy, so no mutilating bodies, no shooting civilians for sport and no harming of POW'S. I don't know if it saved any of us but a number of us did see the logic of not using our big mouths to save some American GI's a little grief. But how do we stop our heroic politicians from using their big mouths for votes?

Last edited:
I don't find myself agreeing with Gingrich on much, but i do agree with him on this one. These miserable cretins murder two of our soldiers and all the President can muster is a pathetically feeble apology? How bout telling them if they don't clear away from our Base wiithin 24 hrs., they're gonna get cleared? But an apology? Really?

GOP presidential candidate Newt Gingrich said Thursday a U.S. apology to Afghan authorities for burned Qurans on a military base was "astonishing" and undeserved. Gingrich lashed out at President Barack Obama for the formal apology after copies of the Muslim holy book were found burned in a garbage pit on a U.S. air field earlier in the week

Obama's apology was announced Thursday morning. A few hours later, news organizations reported that an Afghan soldier had killed two U.S. troops and wounded others in retaliation for the Quran burning.

Campaigning in Washington state, Gingrich said Afghan President Hamid Karzi owes the U.S. an apology for the shootings.

There seems to be nothing that radical Islamists can do to get Barack Obama's attention in a negative way and he is consistently apologizing to people who do not deserve the apology of the president of the United States period," Gingrich said.

"And, candidly, if Hamid Karzai, the president of Afghanistan, doesn't feel like apologizing then we should say good bye and good luck, we don't need to be here risking our lives and wasting our money on somebody who doesn't care."...

Later Thursday, Gingrich continued his criticism of Obama's foreign policy during a rally in the town of Coeur d'Alene in northern Idaho, a stop in one of the 10 states that votes on March 6. He was spending Friday in Washington state, which holds caucuses a week from Saturday.

"This president has gone so far at appeasing radical Islamists that he is failing in his duty as commander in chief," Gingrich said.

News from The Associated Press
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

And you are one of those that come on this board and get all bent out of shape when someone challenges your religion!
Give it up.

The President was forced to apologize for the stupidity of the US Military that needlessly gave the enemy just what they sought to rally against - irregardless the fictitious document.

Forced?

Wrong.

The President made a CHOICE.

He CHOSE to continue his pattern (first established on his world AMERICA SUCKS tour) of apologizing for anything and everything American.

If the reports are accurate, the Islamo-detainees had written violent commentary IN their own "holy [sic] books."

America was not permitted to defile the already defiled books?

Fuck them.

The President made yet another very fucking STUPID choice.

What did Gingrich say when George W. Bush apologized.

Bush apologises over Koran shooting | Reuters

Bush apologised in a telephone call on Monday with Maliki, who told him the incident had humiliated and angered Iraq's largely Muslim population, the cabinet said in a statement.

Is there any valid basis for "analogy" over using a Qu'ran for target practice (for no reasons) versus disposing of already defiled Qu'rans?

Noot was a loose cannon with a huge mouth then and he's a loose cannon with a huge mouth now.

Just be glad he'll never see the inside of the Oval Office again.

Fuck that. The savages murdered two of our kids. Did you already forget about that?

At least I'm amking a coherent attempt. The post I commented on sounded like a knee-jerk mish-mash of right wing blubbering.

At least I'm amking a coherent attempt. The post I commented on sounded like a knee-jerk mish-mash of right wing blubbering.

No. You are not amking a coherent attempt.

You aer babbling full-throated left-wing vapidity. As usual.

Bush apologised in a telephone call on Monday with Maliki, who told him the incident had humiliated and angered Iraq's largely Muslim population, the cabinet said in a statement.

Is there any valid basis for "analogy" over using a Qu'ran for target practice (for no reasons) versus disposing of already defiled Qu'rans?

It wasn't the soldiers' responsibility to determine the value of the Qu'ran.

It wasn't for a soldier to determine such things in order to misuse the Muslim's Holy [sic] Book for target practice.

It certainly was for the military to decide if the allegedly inflammatory words scribbled in the margins posed any kind of danger.

And that doesn't alter the fact that it was just a bunch of books.

It wasn't for a soldier to determine such things in order to misuse the Muslim's Holy [sic] Book for target practice.

It certainly was for the military to decide if the allegedly inflammatory words scribbled in the margins posed any kind of danger.

And that doesn't alter the fact that it was just a bunch of books.

Yeah, books. And nobody should have lost their lives over this - the Muslims overreacted. They are fanactics who did so, but the soldiers behavior is callous, childish and thoughtless and had they not behaved so stupidly, none of this would have occurred.

Forum List

Back