“Get up and fight, sucker!"...Muhammad Ali gave us of the most iconic moments in sports history 55 years ago today, KO'ing Sassy Sonny Liston

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
my favorite photo of all time!

EY3jv97WsAUoFos

• Banned

EY3jv97WsAUoFos

Cassius Clay was a chicken shit coward...Changed his name so the black guy could avoid going to war, when the Democrap President L. B. Johnson was sending young kids to be killed.
He was a boxer who hand his hands down and strutted around against the most dangerous fighters on the planet. he is the dictionary definition of courage

• Banned
"in the end, it doesnt matter if you can fight. what you fight for is the real test" - Ali

EY3jv97WsAUoFos

Cassius Clay was a chicken shit coward...Changed his name so the black guy could avoid going to war, when the Democrap President L. B. Johnson was sending young kids to be killed.

He changed his name because of his religious beliefs. You may not like his religion, but do stick to facts.

As for his refusal to be inducted into the military, it happened in 1966. Just 3 years after Bull Connor used fire hoses and police dogs to attack a peaceful protest. It was also just 3 years after those klan assholes bombed a church in Birmingham, killing 4 little girls. Ali refused to fight for a country that would not allow him to sit at a lunch counter in many places.

Had it been an actual war to protect America, Ali may have thought differently. But the war in Vietnam was a waste of young lives. We should never have been there. I hope LBJ and McNamara are roasting in hell for it.

I have all the respect in the world for those men & women who answered the call and served in Vietnam. But those who refused to go have my respect too. Our boys were being sacrificed by politicians, for no good reason.

EY3jv97WsAUoFos

Vietnam was meaningless military escapade in which 50,000 US soldiers were needlessly killed.

And the draft was the equivalent of slavery.

Ali was hero for standing up against the government.

EY3jv97WsAUoFos

Clay changed his name to Ali before we were at war

EY3jv97WsAUoFos

He changed his name because of his religious beliefs. You may not like his religion, but do stick to facts.

As for his refusal to be inducted into the military, it happened in 1966. Just 3 years after Bull Connor used fire hoses and police dogs to attack a peaceful protest. It was also just 3 years after those klan assholes bombed a church in Birmingham, killing 4 little girls. Ali refused to fight for a country that would not allow him to sit at a lunch counter in many places.

Had it been an actual war to protect America, Ali may have thought differently. But the war in Vietnam was a waste of young lives. We should never have been there. I hope LBJ and McNamara are roasting in hell for it.

I have all the respect in the world for those men & women who answered the call and served in Vietnam. But those who refused to go have my respect too. Our boys were being sacrificed by politicians, for no good reason.
Ali had legitimate religious objections

The Supreme Court unanimously agreed with him

EY3jv97WsAUoFos

Vietnam was meaningless military escapade in which 50,000 US soldiers were needlessly killed.

i agree but how many young kids went to die, while this piece of shit joined the Religion of War, so he could cowardly avoid his duty to his Liberal President?

EY3jv97WsAUoFos

i agree but how many young kids went to die, while this piece of shit joined the Religion of War, so he could cowardly avoid his duty to his Liberal President?
Some went to a friendly doctor who wrote a note claiming heel spurs.
Ali had to go to the Supreme Court to be excused from service

EY3jv97WsAUoFos

You seem to think he converted just to be able to avoid the draft.

He converted to Islam in 1961. The draft was started in 1964.

And if the reason for his conversion to Islam was to avoid the draft, why would he remain a dutiful muslim until his death in 2016?

EY3jv97WsAUoFos

You seem to think he converted just to be able to avoid the draft.

He converted to Islam in 1961. The draft was started in 1964.

And if the reason for his conversion to Islam was to avoid the draft, why would he remain a dutiful muslim until his death in 2016?
I lived 5 1/2 years in Saudi Arabia, those who converted from Islam to any other religion, ended up dead.

He converted to Islam in 1964 funny how you were off by 3 years......Just another lie, huh boo. You have no honor, no morals, and no integrity. That makes you a liberal, for sure.

Forum List

Back