Hillary Clinton donors are defecting to Biden

wealthy donors trying to manipulate political parties...? o_O

i doubt he's going to run..

The problem of money and politics has already been a huge one for both parties. It is difficult for Democrats to appeal to the middle class when they engage in campaign fund raising and Super PAC politics with rooms full of one percenters.

Nor is it clear that Biden would be a particularly strong candidate. Biden is a great politician, and he has been extremely effective as a senator and as vice president. But it is important to remember that when he ran for president in previous years he fared poorly.

In 1988 and 2008, he was a failed candidate. He did not generate mass political appeal and his stumbles on the campaign trail were legendary. He also has a history of close ties with the financial industry that would not sit well with much of the electorate.

Every potential candidate looks like a white knight before being exposed to the glare of the campaign.

The tragedy for Biden would be if this run actually hurts his overall legacy. After years where he has been an extremely influential vice president who has served as a champion for the middle class and a model of how the person in the office can help build relations with Capitol Hill, Biden could end his time as a divisive figure in the Democratic Party who helped clear the way for a Republican victory.

Clinton has certainly stumbled in recent months but she also has a very formidable campaign operation in place, with polls that still point to many areas of strength over other candidates and a grassroots mobilization in a number of primary states that will be hard to overcome when Americans actually start to vote and stop just talking about it.

The appeal of Joe Biden, one of the most likeable and personable figures in American politics, should not outweigh the overall needs of the party and a realistic assessment of the chances that he has to win the nomination. The Sanders campaign has had a positive effect for the Democrats, breathing some life into the party and pressing the major candidate to deal with crucial issues.

Joe Biden should not run (Opinion) - CNN.com

I'm no fan of Biden: because with any of them we will get a Continuation of Obama. no matter who it is. so do not vote DEMOCRAT in 2016

but it would be sweet to see Hillary fall on her face for a Second time. anyone deserves it, it's her

• Banned
wealthy donors trying to manipulate political parties...? o_O

i doubt he's going to run..

The problem of money and politics has already been a huge one for both parties. It is difficult for Democrats to appeal to the middle class when they engage in campaign fund raising and Super PAC politics with rooms full of one percenters.

Nor is it clear that Biden would be a particularly strong candidate. Biden is a great politician, and he has been extremely effective as a senator and as vice president. But it is important to remember that when he ran for president in previous years he fared poorly.

In 1988 and 2008, he was a failed candidate. He did not generate mass political appeal and his stumbles on the campaign trail were legendary. He also has a history of close ties with the financial industry that would not sit well with much of the electorate.

Every potential candidate looks like a white knight before being exposed to the glare of the campaign.

The tragedy for Biden would be if this run actually hurts his overall legacy. After years where he has been an extremely influential vice president who has served as a champion for the middle class and a model of how the person in the office can help build relations with Capitol Hill, Biden could end his time as a divisive figure in the Democratic Party who helped clear the way for a Republican victory.

Clinton has certainly stumbled in recent months but she also has a very formidable campaign operation in place, with polls that still point to many areas of strength over other candidates and a grassroots mobilization in a number of primary states that will be hard to overcome when Americans actually start to vote and stop just talking about it.

The appeal of Joe Biden, one of the most likeable and personable figures in American politics, should not outweigh the overall needs of the party and a realistic assessment of the chances that he has to win the nomination. The Sanders campaign has had a positive effect for the Democrats, breathing some life into the party and pressing the major candidate to deal with crucial issues.

Joe Biden should not run (Opinion) - CNN.com

Biden will run..................the people want him to at this point.

I just ran across this. they are WORRIED folks. LETS GO GET EM.
no to Democrats in 2016

snip:
Hickenlooper goes off the leash on Hillary, Trump
posted at 8:41 am on October 2, 2015 by Jazz Shaw
  • 60 SHARES

During a speech at the FRED conference (?) in Denver this week, Colorado Democrat Governor John Hickenlooper took a friendly fire question from one of his supporters. Shouldn’t he consider running for president, given the current state of the field? The Guv blew the actual question off with a laugh but then launched into something of a stream of consciousness on the state of the race and the candidates on both sides which probably says quite a bit about the state of his party.

Essentially unprompted, Hickenlooper started in on Hillary Clinton, making it clear that he was a big supporter but also expressing concerns that the Democrats’ ship may be taking on water. (Denver Post)

Unlike most Republican candidates, Hickenlooper said he believes Clinton has the necessary background needed to run the country.

“But,” he added quickly, “I don’t know where this whole thing is going to go in terms of her … (email) server and whether there is something in there that is really going to turn out to have broken the law — which I think would be the death knell.”

If that were the end of the remarks this entire exchange probably wouldn’t be worth commenting on, but he launched into a critique of the GOP field which seemed to give an even deeper look into his rather dismal view of the race. The startling bit here was that he started with what sounded like it was going to be an attack on Donald Trump, but almost immediately ran up the white flag.

In terms of the Republican candidates, Hickenlooper blasted Donald Trump but suggested the audience shouldn’t underestimate his campaign.

“Donald Trump is saying something that not just Republicans but a lot of people are responding to,” he said. “I think there’s a tremendous frustration that we have all these laws that aren’t being obeyed and that there is this kind of vacuum in our society. The middle class really is getting left behind.

“He is saying the wrong things,” Hickenlooper continued. “But I am old enough that I remember laughing when Ronald Reagan” first surfaced as a presidential candidate.

“So I don’t ever rule Trump out,” Hickenlooper added. “Like the rest of you, I don’t agree with what he is saying — and it makes my blood run cold. I’m very fearful.”

Where did that come from? What happened to keeping up the spirits of the faithful and supporting the home team? If that was intended as an insult to Trump, it’s one that The Donald would probably bring up proudly in his next stump speech if anyone showed it to him. In the course of only a few breaths he went from saying how wrong the GOP frontrunner is to comparing him to Reagan, finishing up with admitting that Trump frightens him like a bogeyman in the closet.

all of it here:
Hickenlooper goes off the leash on Hillary, Trump

stefunny seems so jealous since she has yet to accomplish much of anything in her sad angry life...

Hillary Clinton has served as Secretary of State, Senator from New York, First Lady of the United States, First Lady of Arkansas, a practicing lawyer and law professor, activist, and volunteer, but the first things her friends and family will tell you is that she’s never forgotten where she came from or who she’s been fighting for throughout her life.

Get to know Hillary

You have to start years ahead of time building a donor base.

Biden has not done one whit of that.

Ergo, he is not going to run.

You have to start years ahead of time building a donor base.

Biden has not done one whit of that.

Ergo, he is not going to run.
Nope. He will simply pick up the Organziing for America apparatus and run.
Hillary looks increasingly like a loser. Dems dont like losers. They will toss her under the bus so badly lib posters on this site will be posting stuff like "Hillary was never really a Democrat to begin with."

wow all the right wing hillary haters agree that she looks like a loser... stop the presses...

Why would you 'nuts be happy? There isn't a Republican in the field that can beat Biden in 2016.
lol.

You don't ever think there is a republican that can beat any dem.

The right really wants Biden to win because he is unlikely to take the general whatever you might think of the republican field. Thems the breaks. I don't see it happening though - Hillary will hold on just fine.

Why would you 'nuts be happy? There isn't a Republican in the field that can beat Biden in 2016.
lol.

The right really wants Biden to win because he is unlikely to take the general whatever you might think of the republican field. Thems the breaks. I don't see it happening though - Hillary will hold on just fine.

I challenge you to name any Republican who can beat Biden,

and why.

lol.

You lie.

Is Obama trying to destroy the Democrat party? | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

You are a horrible excuse for a human being. Stop lying.

Forum List

Back