Get The Popcorn, Cindy Sheehan Will Be In SOTU Gallery Tonight

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://www.nbc11.com/news/6634368/detail.html

Cindy Sheehan Plans To Be In Audience At Bush Address

POSTED: 3:22 pm PST January 31, 2006
UPDATED: 4:13 pm PST January 31, 2006

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Cindy Sheehan said she will be part of the live audience during the president's State of the Union speech to congress Tuesday.

Bay Area Congresswoman Lynn Woosley gave anti-war activist a gallery pass late Tuesday, just hours before the planned State of the Union speech. Sheehan was in Washington to protest the president during his national address, but then came word she was invited to see the speech live.

A spokesman for Sheehan says she decided to accept the invitation two hours prior to the speech. The spokesman also said that Sheehan will be respectful and listen to the address because she is a guest of a member of congress.

Sheehan is expected to fly back to Berkeley Wednesday. She announced over the weekend that she is considering running for Senate against Sen. Dianne Feinstein.

She apparently brought a banner with her and was going to try to display it...it's against the rules. I think it's funny that they didn't just confiscate the banner, but hauled her off.

MissileMan said:
She apparently brought a banner with her and was going to try to display it...it's against the rules. I think it's funny that they didn't just confiscate the banner, but hauled her off.

It's Cindy Sheehan. I think it's safe to assume that she wouldn't have just been a good little girl and quietly watched. If she hadn't brought the banner, she might have gotten to stay, but I think they were probably looking for a reason to get rid of her before she made an even bigger idiot out of herself.

Forum List

Back