Get Ready For This: Liberal San Francisco Now Considers To Ban 'Male Circumcision'

Sorry, I don't think I'd support snipping off skin from the clitoris either. A little trim of flesh off the labia? No thanks. Genital mutilation is genital mutilation.
They don't snip a little skin off the clitoris. They remove the entire clitoris.
Depends.

The procedure of female circumcision varies widely from country to country, tribe to tribe.

Sorry, I don't think I'd support snipping off skin from the clitoris either. A little trim of flesh off the labia? No thanks. Genital mutilation is genital mutilation.
They don't snip a little skin off the clitoris. They remove the entire clitoris.
Depends.

The procedure of female circumcision varies widely from country to country, tribe to tribe.
And how many of its victims retain the ability to orgasm?

It's a barbaric practice designed to remove the attraction of sex from women so they don't stray from their husbands.

Depends.

It's a barbaric practice designed to remove the attraction of sex from women so they don't stray from their husbands.
It's their culture and tradition.

Why should I care if a women can't achieve an orgasm in Zimbabwe??

Depends.

And it's barbaric. Telling that you refuse to condemn it, isn't it?
You should care that all human beings are treated like human beings instead of cattle.

You should...but you don't.

You should care that all human beings are treated like human beings instead of cattle.

In some cultures people put huge disc's in their lips and ear lobes.

Other cultures like metal rings stacked to elongate the neck.

Or bind the top of the head to achieve a pointed look they consider beautiful.

So who are we to judge or condemn what they have been doing for thousands of years.

I'm well aware of that. We are arguing equivalences aren't we? The equivalence of a circumcision would be taking the skin off the clitoris or slicing some meat off the labia. I wouldn't condone that "procedure" any more than circumcision.

In some cultures people put huge disc's in their lips and ear lobes.

Other cultures like metal rings stacked to elongate the neck.

Or bind the top of the head to achieve a pointed look they consider beautiful.

So who are we to judge or condemn what they have been doing for thousands of years.
Do those practices limit a basic human functionality? No? Different then, isn't it?

I'm well aware of that. We are arguing equivalences aren't we? The equivalence of a circumcision would be taking the skin off the clitoris or slicing some meat off the labia. I wouldn't condone that "procedure" any more than circumcision.
Okay.

Why should anybody but the parents and doctor should have any say in deciding whether an infant should be circumcised? Sure it's an elective procedure and from what I've seen it makes no difference either way, but it's a very personal choice and nobody else's business.

Well somebody will support this somewhere.

Why do people feel that there needs to be a law made regarding every little damn detail about peoples lives?

Don't like it? Don't do it.

Tell the government to mind it's own damn business.

True I do not support circumcision, but I am even more against a law banning it.

It is a strange custom as if man is saying that god made man imperfect and he requires mutilation.

I figure it began due to veneral disease and poor hygene. Anyone know? Are Christians/jews the only ones to practice it as a routine thing?

My main thing against it is that it is done to infants without their consent and is almost never required to correct a problem.

It's routinely done in hospitals to all male babies regardless of race, religion or ethnic origin immediately after the birth. Parents can also request that they do not want their son to be circumcised. Jews generally have it done by a Rabbi in a religious ceremony.

It's a barbaric custom that harms a child physically and possibly psychologically (and makes sex less enjoyable for them throughout life) not performed for medical benefit and when they don't have the opportunity to consent.

There's no physical damage done unless the whole damn thing is chopped off and at the ripe old age of 1 or 2 hours the child is not likely to remember the procedure at all, let alone suffer psychological damage.

Last edited:
First Happy Meals from McDonalds and now male circumcision.......Yikes. Seriously my fellow Americans. This proves again that liberalism is a disease and California is seriously infected with it. I am truly at a loss for words over this but do any of you agree with this move?

San Francisco Considers Ban on Male Circumcision

(Nov. 12) -- Fresh off their city's banning of Happy Meals, some San Francisco residents want to put a stop to another cruelty inflicted upon young children: male circumcision.

"A proposed ballot measure for the November 2011 ballot -- when voters will be electing San Francisco's next mayor -- would amend The City's police code 'to make it a misdemeanor to circumcise, excise, cut or mutilate the foreskin, testicle or penis of another person who has not attained the age of 18,'" The San Francisco Examiner reports.

More in link above:

Any indication about what procedure women will demand to keep things "equal?"

The US is one of the only countries left where circumcision is commonly practiced.

Actually, no. It's routine in many nations.

800px-Global_Map_of_Male_Circumcision_Prevalence_at_Country_Level.png
Most of those on the map are Muslim countries and, of course, Israel. The US, Canada, and Australia are exceptions.

Well somebody will support this somewhere.

Why do people feel that there needs to be a law made regarding every little damn detail about peoples lives?

Don't like it? Don't do it.

Tell the government to mind it's own damn business.

So you would think that government should not be in peoples lives, and really, this is a religious issue. Should not be in a religious issue.

I agree, frisco is over the edge. This is a federal issue, just like it was for the Morons in Salt Lake polygamy, and down in LA years back they banded an Egyptian religion based on a female priestess initiation ceremony. And what of those snake dancers? Tsk! Hell, gov. is blind to the nude baptists.

If you mean the snake handling pentecostals of Appalachia and the fundementalist mormons I supported their right to practice their religion as well, as long as those who were practicing polygamy were over the age of consent marriage is none of the government's business and neither is a medical procedure agreed upon by a parent and their doctor.

Small government means small government. This totalitarian attitude that's swimming around San Fransisco that says we can tax you to death and dictate what you do and eat is absolutely HORRIBLE for our country.

It threatens the very values that America says that it stands for.

The US is one of the only countries left where circumcision is commonly practiced.

Actually, no. It's routine in many nations.

800px-Global_Map_of_Male_Circumcision_Prevalence_at_Country_Level.png
Most of those on the map are Muslim countries and, of course, Israel. The US, Canada, and Australia are exceptions.

You didn't say anything about Muslim, you said "The US is one of the only countries left where circumcision is commonly practiced." And, it's not as if the nations in Latin America, Europe, and Asia have given up circumcision, as you imply by your statement. They never took up the practice. The numbers have only gone up most likely from Muslim immigration.

The numbers in the U.S. are going down because A)Whites are starting to question the practice B)Insurance doesn't always pay C)I think Medicaid stopped paying D)Hispanic immigration and population growth E)Other immigrants

I'm personally opposed. My sons are not circumcised. They are in their 20s and 30s now, and it has never been any problem for them. Kids don't get teased about their penises actually, never heard about any of that.

First Happy Meals from McDonalds and now male circumcision.......Yikes. Seriously my fellow Americans. This proves again that liberalism is a disease and California is seriously infected with it. I am truly at a loss for words over this but do any of you agree with this move?

San Francisco Considers Ban on Male Circumcision

(Nov. 12) -- Fresh off their city's banning of Happy Meals, some San Francisco residents want to put a stop to another cruelty inflicted upon young children: male circumcision.

"A proposed ballot measure for the November 2011 ballot -- when voters will be electing San Francisco's next mayor -- would amend The City's police code 'to make it a misdemeanor to circumcise, excise, cut or mutilate the foreskin, testicle or penis of another person who has not attained the age of 18,'" The San Francisco Examiner reports.

More in link above:

It's an un-necessary procedure that confers little, if any, medical benefit and is basically done for cosmetic reasons and customs and cultures.

Furthermore, it's a surgery performed on a patient that is too young to consent to it.

Frankly, I am surprised the taxpayers don't throw a fit about it since medicaid covers it.

Circumcision is a barbaric Jewish custom whose time has passed.

:lol: There is an actual reason for circumcision--and it has something to do with disease and infection. That's why 99% of the male babies born in the U.S. have it done. And if they wait until they are older--believe me--it's much more painful.

But--Medicade is going to stop paying for circumcisions--I know my daughter is a Pediatrician who performs circumcisions--and many of her patients are on Medicade.

So we will have clinics that will do it--but parents on Medicade will be paying out of pocket for it.

The reduction in disease is minimal and can be mitigated with basic hygiene.

two words: penile cancer..

unheard of in circumized males.....

i would rather lose a bit of foreskin than the whole ball of wax

Not true.

Wallerstein E (February 1985). "Circumcision. The uniquely American medical enigma". Urol. Clin. North Am. 12 (1): 123–32. PMID 3883617.

"A study that concluded circumcision did not prevent penile cancer was done by Wallerstein, which reported that the risk of penile cancer in Japan, Norway, and Sweden (countries with a low rate of circumcision) is about the same (1 in 100,000 per year) as in the US."

You are much more likely to get penile cancer from smoking. Even that is rare. Penile cancer is pretty rare.

LMAO I am against infant circumcision and that makes me antisemetic?
I have nothing against semetic people.
to be honest though I do have some issues with the natrion of Israel.

I doubt if there are ANY anti or pro "SEMETIC" people extant. However, I am sure YOU, in your delusional world, would find it necessary to express your preferences in this regard.

Normally, I'd attribute your "SEMETIC" to a typo, but.....if it's a typo..... then it is a REPETITIVE TYPO. And, we are dealing here with an obviously certified Anti-UScitizen. IOW, a total jerk and an Obamarrhoidal LIEbturd idiot to boot. Thus, abnormal perceptions come into play.

just saying.......

Last edited:

Forum List

Back