Get Ready For This: Liberal San Francisco Now Considers To Ban 'Male Circumcision'

The US is one of the only countries left where circumcision is commonly practiced.

Cosmetic surgery I suppose.

I was thinking the same thing. Will SF ban nose jobs and liposuction for anyone under 18 as well? I can't imagine some of those wealthy females in CA could stand seeing their favorite plastic surgeons being forced to move east. :eusa_whistle:

First Happy Meals from McDonalds and now male circumcision.......Yikes. Seriously my fellow Americans. This proves again that liberalism is a disease and California is seriously infected with it. I am truly at a loss for words over this but do any of you agree with this move?

San Francisco is just a city within California.....IT DOES NOT REPRESENT THE STATE....most Californians think that Frisco is a little strange,like the rest of the Country.....if this State is so infected with Liberalism....WHY did the rest of California vote the opposite of Frisco and reject Gay Marriage and legalising Pot?....

With any luck at all, that whole damned state will slide off into the Pacific and we can be done with that freak show once and for all.

First Happy Meals from McDonalds and now male circumcision.......Yikes. Seriously my fellow Americans. This proves again that liberalism is a disease and California is seriously infected with it. I am truly at a loss for words over this but do any of you agree with this move?

San Francisco is just a city within California.....IT DOES NOT REPRESENT THE STATE....most Californians think that Frisco is a little strange,like the rest of the Country.....if this State is so infected with Liberalism....WHY did the rest of California vote the opposite of Frisco and reject Gay Marriage and legalising Pot?....

And for Moonbeam and Boxer and Pelosi..... Sorry... CA is one giant fruit salad.

For purposes of hygene (and therefore to some extent health, too) circumcison does make sense.

Infant circumcison is, however, very traumatizing.

I'm on the fence about this one, folks.

Honestly I do not think we ought to allow any government to decide this for parents of male children.

two words: penile cancer..

unheard of in circumized males.....

i would rather lose a bit of foreskin than the whole ball of wax

I know someone who had to get circumsized at 30 because of health issues. Not fun. Better to get it over with when you can't remember it.
I had a friend who was always getting infections.

At 30 something he had the procedure done and never had any more problems.

The US is one of the only countries left where circumcision is commonly practiced.

Actually, no. It's routine in many nations.

800px-Global_Map_of_Male_Circumcision_Prevalence_at_Country_Level.png

When I discussed the issue with my OB/GYN, he said he circumcized about 99% of the boys he had delivered. He certainly didn't push it on me, but that figure alone convinced me that I didn't want my kids ridiculed in the locker room. The procedure took about five seconds.

Gee - How about tattoos? Do they allow minors to get them with parent consent?

not in nc you dont...kid has to be 18 for tats....

they put some type of ring on my son....the foreskin fell off with the ring...

i believe strongly in like father, like son...

It's a barbaric custom that harms a child physically and possibly psychologically (and makes sex less enjoyable for them throughout life) not performed for medical benefit and when they don't have the opportunity to consent.
Ummm...I don't have a foreskin. I was not harmed physically or psychologically, and sex is fantastically enjoyable.
However, I think on balance it's more important to preserve the right to do it as a respect to freedom of religion because of the relative demonstrated harm to the child vs. the relative harm to the free exercise of religious customs/practices.

People shouldn't do it, but I don't think the government has the right to ban it.

As a thought exercise at least though, how many people here would support or oppose a ban on female circumcision in America or a city/state which is a religious and cultural custom among some practitioners of Islam?
The male equivalent of female circumcision is removal of the entire penis.

The two aren't analogous. Victims of female circumcision are unable to reach orgasm. It truly is barbaric to take that away from anyone, and I fully support a ban on the practice.

It's a barbaric custom that harms a child physically and possibly psychologically (and makes sex less enjoyable for them throughout life) not performed for medical benefit and when they don't have the opportunity to consent.

However, I think on balance it's more important to preserve the right to do it as a respect to freedom of religion because of the relative demonstrated harm to the child vs. the relative harm to the free exercise of religious customs/practices.

People shouldn't do it, but I don't think the government has the right to ban it.

As a thought exercise at least though, how many people here would support or oppose a ban on female circumcision in America or a city/state which is a religious and cultural custom among some practitioners of Islam?

Ummm...I don't have a foreskin. I was not harmed physically or psychologically, and sex is fantastically enjoyable.

The male equivalent of female circumcision is removal of the entire penis.

The two aren't analogous. Victims of female circumcision are unable to reach orgasm. It truly is barbaric to take that away from anyone, and I fully support a ban on the practice.

Sorry, I don't think I'd support snipping off skin from the clitoris either. A little trim of flesh off the labia? No thanks. Genital mutilation is genital mutilation.

The American Academy of Pediatrics existing position states that scientific evidence demonstrates potential benefits as well as drawbacks to circumcision but that those benefits are not sufficient to recommend routine circumcision. Since 1999, when the AAP adopted that stance, Medicaid programs in 16 states have stopped covering the procedure. In 2006, two states—Hawaii and Vermont—introduced resolutions questioning the need for public funding of male circumcision. Western states, which have long had lower rates of circumcision than other parts of the country, have been especially apt to drop coverage, which may have hastened the plunging rate of circumcision there: Only 32 percent of newborns are circumcised in the western United States, in comparison with 80 percent in the Midwest and 57 percent nationally, one study found.

Circumcision Debate Cuts Deep

Forum List

Back