Get back to work, GOP

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.

Polls are showing that this flurry of "scandals" aren't hurting Obama's popularity. As many of us have been saying, the public just doesn't care.

Should the public care? Irrelevant. They don't. Honey Boo Boo has a sore throat, Kim Kardashian is fighting with her boyfriend, and Game of Thrones is real good this week. And not coincidentally, another celebrity, Obama, is polling just fine.

You've now done the happy dance twice, to no avail: The 2012 GOP election landslide and Obama's 2013 impeachment. Oops. That's two. I would think that would be embarrassing. How many more times is this going to happen before you decide to get serious about fixing the GOP brand?

I know it's tougher than pointing the finger at Obama, but that's what it's gonna take. There does seem to be some real effort going on to fix the GOP, and that's been drowned out the last few weeks. Maybe you should get back to it.

Legislating and fixing what is wrong with the GOP is hard, bashing the President is easy.

Bashing a President who claims he learns about all of these scandals via the media is really easy.

Progressives are just fine with people that abuse the powers of government, as long it is someone they like doing the abuse, and the abusees are people they dont like.

Polls are showing that this flurry of "scandals" aren't hurting Obama's popularity. As many of us have been saying, the public just doesn't care.

Should the public care? Irrelevant. They don't. Honey Boo Boo has a sore throat, Kim Kardashian is fighting with her boyfriend, and Game of Thrones is real good this week. And not coincidentally, another celebrity, Obama, is polling just fine.

You've now done the happy dance twice, to no avail: The 2012 GOP election landslide and Obama's 2013 impeachment. Oops. That's two. I would think that would be embarrassing. How many more times is this going to happen before you decide to get serious about fixing the GOP brand?

I know it's tougher than pointing the finger at Obama, but that's what it's gonna take. There does seem to be some real effort going on to fix the GOP, and that's been drowned out the last few weeks. Maybe you should get back to it.

Mac. Have you considered the idea that what the Rethugs are doing is all they've got? That they have no other ideas that would benefit all of us? That rethugs are shallow, vindictive assholes?

I know you hold out hope for the GOP. But why? I know you have read the comments from the Repubs on here. Are these the type of people you want running a government?
Maybe the people posting on here really are today's repubs.

Kinda scary. Isn't it?

Legislating and fixing what is wrong with the GOP is hard, bashing the President is easy.

Bashing a President who claims he learns about all of these scandals via the media is really easy.

Progressives are just fine with people that abuse the powers of government, as long it is someone they like doing the abuse, and the abusees are people they dont like.

Really? Who was fired when the IRS targeted a liberal church that protested the war? Who apologized when the IRS went after the NAACP?

The IRS turned itself in and then this administration took appropriate action. What more do you want?

Mac. Have you considered the idea that what the Rethugs are doing is all they've got? That they have no other ideas that would benefit all of us? That rethugs are shallow, vindictive assholes?

I know you hold out hope for the GOP. But why? I know you have read the comments from the Repubs on here. Are these the type of people you want running a government?

Kinda scary. Isn't it?

Well, that depends.

The simplistic, hardcore, Michael Savage/Mark Levin screamers are causing the damage, and they're never going to be in a position to run the government, thankfully. But your point about "maybe the people posting on here really are today's repubs" may be the issue.

My guess is that they are not. They're just louder and grab the attention. It seems to me that some people are getting it, I'm seeing a little softening around the edges at the national level, and it's happening faster than I expected. But the loons still have to be marginalized before the electorate decides that the screamers are indeed the party.

Why do I hold out hope for the GOP? Because this country desperately needs two strong, viable, credible parties at all times.

Really? Who was fired when the IRS targeted a liberal church that protested the war? Who apologized when the IRS went after the NAACP?

The IRS turned itself in and then this administration took appropriate action. What more do you want?

By firing a guy who was resigning in June?

ohhhh STRONG action there.

I personally think that the right wing whack jobs would be perfectly satisfied with a public lynching of the President. Anything less simply won't do for todays rethugs.

Kinda scary. Isn't it?

Well, that depends.

The simplistic, hardcore, Michael Savage/Mark Levin screamers are causing the damage, and they're never going to be in a position to run the government, thankfully. But your point about "maybe the people posting on here really are today's repubs" may be the issue.

My guess is that they are not. They're just louder and grab the attention. It seems to me that some people are getting it, I'm seeing a little softening around the edges at the national level, and it's happening faster than I expected. But the loons still have to be marginalized before the electorate decides that the screamers are indeed the party.

Why do I hold out hope for the GOP? Because this country desperately needs two strong, viable, credible parties at all times.

Mac. My experience with rethugs would make me think that the rethugs with the biggest mouths and the most guns are the guiding lights of todays repub party. If the Dems have a problem getting rethugs to consider sane ideas, what chance does a moderate repub have if they stand up to the hard core right wingers? No chance would be my answer.

As to a two party system. I would prefer about 6 different choices myself. The two party system seems to be broken.

Whenever the House Of Representatives is controlled by the GOP it's basically turned into their political "Enforcement" arm.
Why should we taxpayer pay their salaries?

I personally think that the right wing whack jobs would be perfectly satisfied with a public lynching of the President. Anything less simply won't do for todays rethugs.

Argumentum ad abusrdum. Asking for some accountability = lynch mob.

Coming from progressives who still seek to arrest GWB after all these years, this is comical.

Coming from progressives who still seek to arrest GWB after all these years, this is comical.

Are you really gonna claim there are is no racist component in the hatred of this President?
Really? That there are no racists in the Repub party?

And why you bringing up Bush? Don't you know how rethugs hate it when Bush is mentioned?

btw. I am regressive. Not progressive.

[/B][/SIZE]

Are you really gonna claim there are is no racist component in the hatred of this President?
Really? That there are no racists in the Repub party?

And why you bringing up Bush? Don't you know how rethugs hate it when Bush is mentioned?

btw. I am regressive. Not progressive.

I did not claim any such thing. But even of the racists, how many of them actually feel like lynching the president. Your statement is still hyperbole.

Also there are still racists in the democratic party as well, they are just slick enough to hide it.

Hey Marty, have you ever been the boss? I once supervised four managers, 24-supervisors, dozens of leads and was responsible for overseeing an entire support staff (custodians, cooks, laundry, school staff, the crafts, etc) in a 24-hours, 365 days a year institution holding criminal offenders both sentenced and pending adjudication.

Don't judge others unless you've walked in someone's shoes. And if you had, you would understand the task of the President of the United States. And don't judge all progressives as if they are all formed in the same mold. It makes you appear to be a hack.

Fired one guy....who was formally stepping down in a couple of weeks....BIG DEAL!!

That still doesn't answer the questions that everyone is asking:
Who ordered it?
Who else was involved?
Who else was targetted?
What can we do to prevent it from happening again?

Whenever the House Of Representatives is controlled by the GOP it's basically turned into their political "Enforcement" arm.
Why should we taxpayer pay their salaries?

So you think the GOP-run House should just let this shit go on without being investigated? Just let Obama and his administration do whatever they want with no consequences?

Hey Marty, have you ever been the boss? I once supervised four managers, 24-supervisors, dozens of leads and was responsible for overseeing an entire support staff (custodians, cooks, laundry, school staff, the crafts, etc) in a 24-hours, 365 days a year institution holding criminal offenders both sentenced and pending adjudication.

Don't judge others unless you've walked in someone's shoes. And if you had, you would understand the task of the President of the United States. And don't judge all progressives as if they are all formed in the same mold. It makes you appear to be a hack.

Ive run a staff of 15 on a construction site that oversaw 120 workers performing 115 million dollars of work. (when i was only 36 years old, my next assignment at 38 will be double that number over 5 different sites)

If anything happened on that site, I knew about it, and I took the heat for it from the client because I WAS THE FUCKING BOSS.

I didnt go to my client and say X fucked up, its his fault, blame him not me!!!!

We are the client, Obama is the boss of the company we hired.

Forum List

Back