CDZ Gerrymandering- For it- or Against it?

Should gerrymandering be allowed

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 100.0%

• Total voters

Syriusly

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2014
I really wonder- does anyone really argue that Gerrymandering is a good thing?

Both Democrats and Republicans engage in it. Lots of politicians rely on it. But can anyone really argue that gerrymandering is good for America? That gerrymandering really is in the spirit of the Constitution?

I don't. There are a couple of important gerrymandering court cases out there- currently it is considered constitutional to gerrymander for political purposes- you know for making sure that more Republicans or Democrats get elected- and personally I find that offensive.

What about you?

It causes only extremist to get elected on both sides of the political spectrum. So they don't represent the common man or compromise on things. They just whipsaw us from one ridiculous extreme to the other.

each state region should be broken down by population, not where 'your' people are.

and be as close to square as humanly possible.

I understand that square may not always make sense, but the convoluted shapes districts are made in an attempt to ensure the proper votes is ridiculous.
The Chicago C

it was 100 miles long and 2 blocks wide and it kept the wrong people in power.

They just struck down North Carolina's districts for blatant gerrymandering

each state region should be broken down by population, not where 'your' people are.

I understand that square may not always make sense, but the convoluted shapes districts are made into in an attempt to ensure the proper votes is ridiculous.

If not square, they should follow natural boundaries, zip codes or area codes that are not established by political party

Against. If you put up a poll I'll vote the same way.

I don't think I can put up the poll twice......

upload_2018-1-10_13-12-17.png

I understand that square may not always make sense, but the convoluted shapes districts are made into in an attempt to ensure the proper votes is ridiculous.

If not square, they should follow natural boundaries, zip codes or area codes that are not established by political party

Whatever the system used, I don't agree with political party affiliation being a valid determining factor. :) There may be reasons for some unusual shapes outside of simple natural boundaries (I know I've heard arguments in favor of some strangely shaped districts that made some sense in the past), but not having political parties determining the districts as a way to get favorable voting results is the most important consideration at this time, I agree.

The priorities in California are supposed to be as follows?
In drawing the districts, the commission must follow a commonly imposed hierarchy of guidelines:
  • equal population among districts;
  • adherence to the Voting Rights Act;
  • geographic contiguity,
  • geographic integrity of city, county, and local neighborhood boundaries, as well as communities of interest;
  • and geographic compactness
In addition to these guidelines, there are also prohibitions against consideration of an incumbent’s or candidate’s place of residence or partisanship in drawing the districts.

I really wonder- does anyone really argue that Gerrymandering is a good thing?

Both Democrats and Republicans engage in it. Lots of politicians rely on it. But can anyone really argue that gerrymandering is good for America? That gerrymandering really is in the spirit of the Constitution?

I don't. There are a couple of important gerrymandering court cases out there- currently it is considered constitutional to gerrymander for political purposes- you know for making sure that more Republicans or Democrats get elected- and personally I find that offensive.

What about you?
If the basis of capitalism is competition it seems that it should work for politics to. Those fucks should be afraid of losing thier jobs, may be the would actully do it if they were.
Yes lets make elections competative again. No more gerymandering.

Last edited:
Whatever keeps leftist sociopaths from acquiring political power is a good thing.

how utterly unamerican to say, petey boy. lying, cheating, & stealingvotes to stay in political power is something that the russians would do.

funny that, 'eh trump supporter?.

Forum List

Back