Zone1 Germany: Catholic Church loses half a million members

Zebra

Gold Member
May 29, 2023
Germany: Catholic Church loses half a million members

A record number of people left the German Catholic Church in 2022, the German Bishops' Conference (DBK) said on Wednesday.

A total of 522,821 people ended their official relationship with the church, surpassing the record broken in the previous year when 359,338 people left.

The departures follow a series of child abuse scandals that have rocked the church in Germany, and elsewhere.

I am also NOT surprised.

Nice to have some good news . Your first decent post ZeBra

Your fun remembers me to a poem of the atheist Erich Fried:

Zwei Jungen schmeissen aus Spaß
mit Steinen nach Fröschen.
Die Frösche sterben.
Im Ernst.

Check the ovens. ;)

Dear very little child.

Try to be a little less childish in this context and close all US-American torture prisons forever and a day.

Yours sincerely

A German Catholic who has also Jewish ancestors.

If they keep this up the queer priests will have to find a new line of work

?

Okay. I guess I have not to understand all forms how human beings are able to think. ... Or have I? ... What do you say here?

Last edited:
Check the ovens. ;)
AdamConfirmed.jpg

You are really advancing to a sad clown, now.

If you think so, "nothing". You remember me to a sentence of an ancient Persian philosopher which I read not a long time ago. In his view to the world it seems to be also possible that someone or something is able to exist on not (enough) own inner reason(s) - but on inner reasons of other phenomenons. A very interesting idea.

Last edited:
Dear very little child.

Try to be a little less childish in this context and close all US-American torture prisons forever and a day.

Yours sincerely

A German Catholic who has also Jewish ancestors.
I am also a German Catholic and very likely have Jewish ancestors.

Now, if only the other religions that lead people astray could lose even more "followers", maybe the truth could prevail and genuine faith emerge.

If you think so, "nothing". You remember me to a sentence of an ancient Persian philosopher which I read not a long time ago. In his view to the world it seems to be also possible that someone or something is able to exist on not (enough) own inner reason(s) - but on inner reasons of other phenomenons. A very interesting idea.
Sounds like bull crap.

Forum List

Back