German police fired 85 bullets total in 2011

Diversity.

Our problem is diversity, according to you.

Can I ask you this. The countries on the list on the Wikipedia link...the ones above the US. Are they diverse or do they have another problem?

Ignore him, he is a bigot.

I'm no biggot... black people in the US have by far the most violent crime rates, the other countries you mentioned are poor as dirt. I was having some fun with the black/hispanic angle, BUT it is also true that other than Estonia the rest were poor countries that dont have the "civlized" society the west has....

Also the reason the US is on there, is because we have parts of our country, some may say uncivilized, namely Detroit, Okland, Chicago, Memphis, Flint, Gary, ect.... If you want to have a conversation and really advance this you have to get over the political correctness... I'm not politically correct and I dont give a shit to be that way.....Blacks are getting mowed down by blacks in our inner cities, but no cries of No Justice No Peace from the left and if the right mentions it we're racist....and who's suffering....not Beverly Hills...

Funny how places with restrictive gun laws tend to be the most violent in the US, where places with little gun laws dont.....DC and Chicago are brutal on guns and people die countlessly...where as you dont see too many murders in Kansas and yes Colorado has had a couple of bad incidents...but in general I dont see it top the list of violent crime....

So access to firearms has no effect on gun deaths?

According to Germany's Der Spiegel, German police shot only 85 bullets in all of 2011, a stark reminder that not every country is as gun-crazy as the U.S. of A. As Boing Boing translates, most of those shots weren't even aimed anyone: "49 warning shots, 36 shots on suspects. 15 persons were injured, 6 were killed."

German Police Used Only 85 Bullets Against People in 2011 - Yahoo! News

:LOL: IT HARDLY COMPARES TO THE SIZE OF AN AVG STATE.

FAIL

Here is what the police often do here.

Cop shoots and kills son after reportedly mistaking him for an intruder - U.S. News

you're right Germany is so like the US...only the gun laws are different. Do you guys learn to argue in the school of retard...because that's the only audience that's gonna buy this sham

I'm curious, why do you think we have so many shooting related deaths here relative to other developed countries?

Because other developed countries have a long history of the government rounding up everyone with any weapon and throwing them in prison?

Um...no they don't...

I'm curious, why do you think we have so many shooting related deaths here relative to other developed countries?

Because other developed countries have a long history of the government rounding up everyone with any weapon and throwing them in prison?

Um...no they don't...

Umm, yes they do. Peasants were not allowed to own weapons unless they were serving in the Army. Anyone that was found with a weapon in Medieval Europe would be trotted off to prison, hung, whipped, or all of the above.

Unlike you, I know history goes back more than 50 years.

Um...no they don't...

REAlly like which western European countries dont?

Uhhh.

Is Switzerland considered Western Europe? Right off the top of my head that is the only country where the nobles allowed peasants to own weapons. Grump might know another one, but my guess is he jumped to a stupid position because he thinks he is smarter than me.

Other Western countries have sensible gun control laws.

Are they smarter than us?

Yes.

Yeah Europe is awesome...you're using them as an example?
LMFAO

let me take a wild guess. You've never lived in europe so you're just another ignorant whackjob who assumes an entire continent can't have a single cool country. or is it that you think Europe IS a country? Personally, I like Austria and Switzerland the best.

Um...no they don't...

Um...no they don't...

Which don't? The UK, France, Germany, Austria, Spain, Switzerland, Portugal, Hungary, Bulgaria...

You'll have to excuse Quantum folks. Like most of the truly ignorant, he's so stupid, he doesn't even know, what he doesn't know. (which is why I have him on ignore and highly recommend it - although occasionally amusing in a retarded court jester kind of way, he's generally not worth reading)
None of those countries "round people up and throw them in prison" for owning a weapon. As a matter of fact, weapons are often displayed on walls. Of course, you've never lived there for an extended period so you speak form ignorance (as usual).
Now carrying two pistols, a sawed off shotgun and an assualt rife loaded with 100 rounds into a city? Well yeah, that will get you some time in jail because after all, they do have common sense.

Um...no they don't...

Uhhh.

Is Switzerland considered Western Europe? Right off the top of my head that is the only country where the nobles allowed peasants to own weapons. Grump might know another one, but my guess is he jumped to a stupid position because he thinks he is smarter than me.

Yeah I'd say Switzerland is the west, and hey they have mandatory military if I'm not mistaken.....Americans are violent and awesome, but most of us are not fucking crazy and need to be in the chair, and those that do should get just that opportunity.

Other Western countries have sensible gun control laws.

Are they smarter than us?

Yes.

Yeah Europe is awesome...you're using them as an example?
LMFAO

let me take a wild guess. You've never lived in europe so you're just another ignorant whackjob who assumes an entire continent can't have a single cool country. or is it that you think Europe IS a country? Personally, I like Austria and Switzerland the best.

Um...no they don't...

Which don't? The UK, France, Germany, Austria, Spain, Switzerland, Portugal, Hungary, Bulgaria...

You'll have to excuse Quantum folks. Like most of the truly ignorant, he's so stupid, he doesn't even know, what he doesn't know. (which is why I have him on ignore and highly recommend it - although occasionally amusing in a retarded court jester kind of way, he's generally not worth reading)
None of those countries "round people up and throw them in prison" for owning a weapon. As a matter of fact, weapons are often displayed on walls. Of course, you've never lived there for an extended period so you speak form ignorance (as usual).
Now carrying two pistols, a sawed off shotgun and an assualt rife loaded with 100 rounds into a city? Well yeah, that will get you some time in jail because after all, they do have common sense.

The colonists were denied the right to own weapons under English law, that makes the first country on your list wrong. Peasants were often considered property in Medieval Europe, property is not allowed to won weapons.

Maybe you just don't understand long words like history.

According to Germany's Der Spiegel, German police shot only 85 bullets in all of 2011, a stark reminder that not every country is as gun-crazy as the U.S. of A. As Boing Boing translates, most of those shots weren't even aimed anyone: "49 warning shots, 36 shots on suspects. 15 persons were injured, 6 were killed."

Then pack your bags and move there dunce...
:fu:

Good thing the Germans dont have dreggs from South of their border sneaking in, forming gangs, and killing their citizens....

(i.e. 18th Street gang, Beltrán-Leyva, Cartel Colima, Cartel La Familia, Michoacana, Guadalajara Cartel, Gulf Cartel, Juárez Cartel, Latin Kings, Nortenos, Mara Salvatrucha or MS13, Mexican Mafia, Mongols, Los Negros
Sinaloa Cartel, Solo Angeles, Sonora Cartel, Sur 13, Vatos Locos, Tijuana Cartel, Vagos Motorcycle Club, Los Zetas, Familia Azteca Flats, Tropang Hudas 13... )

Good thing the Germans dont have dreggs from South of their border sneaking in, forming gangs, and killing their citizens....

(i.e. 18th Street gang, Beltrán-Leyva, Cartel Colima, Cartel La Familia, Michoacana, Guadalajara Cartel, Gulf Cartel, Juárez Cartel, Latin Kings, Nortenos, Mara Salvatrucha or MS13, Mexican Mafia, Mongols, Los Negros
Sinaloa Cartel, Solo Angeles, Sonora Cartel, Sur 13, Vatos Locos, Tijuana Cartel, Vagos Motorcycle Club, Los Zetas, Familia Azteca Flats, Tropang Hudas 13... )
A German Amnesty for Illegal Immigrants? | Germany | DW.DE | null

An initiative in Germany wants to secure the basic rights of its around one million illegal immigrants. But, the country still lags far behind other EU countries when it comes to dealing with the issue.
<more>

Um...no they don't...

Uhhh.

In Switzerland weapons posession is very widespread and actually government-supported, since a large proportion of the population forms part of the Army (on leave) and has their weapon at home.

A German Amnesty for Illegal Immigrants? | Germany | DW.DE | null

An initiative in Germany wants to secure the basic rights of its around one million illegal immigrants. But, the country still lags far behind other EU countries when it comes to dealing with the issue.
<more>

Illegal immigration is indeed a very serious problem. Millions should be deported but aren't.

Forum List

Back