German Colonial Africa

Why do you write that in red?... and what's that about Rawanda hotels again?

I've been catching shit over my book knowledge and the common modern epidemic of "wikidissonance".

I'm currently under attack by both Belgs and Ports over my general understanding and statement that Germany wasn't nearly as "unpopular" nor as negatively impactful when compared to certain other colonial/imperial African powers.

The Germans time in Namibia was the first 20th century genocide and where the blueprint for the Jewish holocaust was obtained.

Genocide of African tribes was Germany’s Holocaust dress rehearsal, says scholar

Herero and Namaqua genocide - Wikipedia

Do you even know the difference?

What's the point? England colonized America, Spin colonized much of South America and Portugal colonized Brazil. Are we going to fight over it in the 21st century?

I've been catching shit over my book knowledge and the common modern epidemic of "wikidissonance".

I'm currently under attack by both Belgs and Ports over my general understanding and statement that Germany wasn't nearly as "unpopular" nor as negatively impactful when compared to certain other colonial/imperial African powers.

The Germans time in Namibia was the first 20th century genocide and where the blueprint for the Jewish holocaust was obtained.

Genocide of African tribes was Germany’s Holocaust dress rehearsal, says scholar

Herero and Namaqua genocide - Wikipedia

So, how is this compared to the average Africans' genocides against each other, a pretty routine pastime for Africans throughout their history. I seriously doubt Africa even noticed; if they did it was probably to note how incompetent it was compared to Africans' genocides.

The Germans weren't as obnoxious about banning slavery in Africa as many English evangelical Protestants were, slavery was and still is wildly popular there today, so yes, they were far less annoying as far as Africans were concerned.

I read a book once. I can't remember the name atm but the author's father was a British police officer in Kenya Colony out of Nairobi in the 60's. Anyway he would take his son to the coast and pointed out to his son all the slave boats coming and going to, from, and to Jeddah. Even after ~67

German colonialism throughout the world was minor in comparison to the Brits, Spain, Portugal, and France.

Forum List

Back