Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=6698

Washington Prowler
Kerry Flies the Flag Print Friendly Format
E-Mail this to a Friend
By The Prowler
Published 6/15/2004 12:06:57 AM

SHOWING HIS COLORS
Al Gore devised the logo for his 2000 presidential campaign bumper sticker on a cocktail napkin, so no surprise that Sen. John Kerry has one-upped him.

Kerry personally designed the re-tooled exterior art on his presidential campaign's plane, drawing pictures of how he wanted large American flags placed on the fuselage of his jet.

"He wanted flags that appeared to be waving in the wind," says a staffer. "He wanted the plane to be more patriotic and upbeat. This was Senator Kerry's idea all the way."

Kerry apparently doesn't have enough to focus on. Or perhaps he's looking to escape the really tough decisions, like his vice presidential nominee selection. Kerry is to meet with senior AFL-CIO leaders in Atlantic City today, where he will speak to the national conference of the union, but also get an earful from leadership over his veep selection.

As the Prowler reported six weeks ago, the AFL-CIO has been telling supporters this Rep. Dick Gephardt was basically a lock as the vice presidential selection. Increasingly, union bosses have been hearing the Gephardt is no longer in the running.

"Gephardt better damn well be the pick," says an AFL-CIO lobbyist. "We've done too much for Kerry to get screwed this way. A governor from Iowa ain't going to cut it for our membership. It's been tough enough selling Kerry to some of our people."

Seems like the big bad Union has laid down the law. We'll see what happens now.

You still have to wonder though... who else is the AFL-CIO going to endorse? Or will they sit this one out and let their members make their own decisions on who to vote for? That, IMO, would be the beginning of the end of the union's hold on its members' thoughts on politics.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
You still have to wonder though... who else is the AFL-CIO going to endorse? Or will they sit this one out and let their members make their own decisions on who to vote for? That, IMO, would be the beginning of the end of the union's hold on its members' thoughts on politics.

I would welcome the later idea. They force feed members bullshit propaganda all the time. Im currently attempting to get into an Electricians Union in Trenton and im worried that they will single me out and reject my application if i express any views. Yea its against the law but try proving that in court. So im just keeping my mouth shut till im in.

Forum List

Back