Georgia official takes oath of office on Malcom X autobiography instead of bible

A Georgia county official has taken her oath of office by placing her hand on The Autobiography of Malcolm X instead of on the bible, as is most common during American swearing-in ceremonies. Mariah Parker, a 26-year-old doctorate student who was elected to the Athens-Clarke County commission, said that she turned down two other options presented by officials at the swearing in before she picked the autobiography.

Screen-Shot-2018-12-04-at-10.12.22-AM-1280x638.png

Georgia official takes oath of office on Malcolm X autobiography instead of bible

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The picture says it all from left to right. Georgia will look like NY, CA soon it too will be like little Europe lmao..

People who say no big deal about this, more than likely think Christianity and its God are all fake. Well if that is true then you are right, no big deal. But if our God is God, then it is a big deal. In fact, America never would have been or survived without God's protection. Which more than likely He has taken away over the past 30 or 40 years as we mock Him and live a life of lust, greed, narcissism, and hate and anger towards those whose views we oppose. Everyone is living or acting as though nothing matters beyond the present. Boy have y'all been duped.

I don't care if Mariah Parker takes her oath on an old Playboy as long as she serves the people of her county well and with honor.
I cant imagine anyone with radical Malcom X beliefs will serve people well. Shes clearly all wrapped up in racist bullshit.

A Georgia county official has taken her oath of office by placing her hand on The Autobiography of Malcolm X instead of on the bible, as is most common during American swearing-in ceremonies. Mariah Parker, a 26-year-old doctorate student who was elected to the Athens-Clarke County commission, said that she turned down two other options presented by officials at the swearing in before she picked the autobiography.

Georgia official takes oath of office on Malcolm X autobiography instead of bible

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The picture says it all from left to right. Georgia will look like NY, CA soon it too will be like little Europe lmao..

What an ignoramus.. I wonder what party she represents.............. But ultimately, who cares beyond pointing out how stupid she is.

And your point is....................?
She is a dirty fucking animal.

I don't know what his point is.

That, is my point.
^ Keep in mind, ladies and gentlemen, the poster who says that felt that tiny trump was a good choice for President.

It is ironic and laughable when one reads the posts above by those who are clearly racists, and then when they protest the race card is played.

Their very words on the Internet for all the world to see are essentially proofs of their irrational hate, their fear and insecurities.

Pity them, for they no not what they are, and are not even true to themselves.
They are actually people who cannot see themselves as any kind of success; therefore they have to find others to blame for their failures in life.

People who say no big deal about this, more than likely think Christianity and its God are all fake. Well if that is true then you are right, no big deal. But if our God is God, then it is a big deal. In fact, America never would have been or survived without God's protection. Which more than likely He has taken away over the past 30 or 40 years as we mock Him and live a life of lust, greed, narcissism, and hate and anger towards those whose views we oppose. Everyone is living or acting as though nothing matters beyond the present. Boy have y'all been duped.

Actually people who say what's the point here are those who actually realize this is not a theocracy.

Ain't no more complex than that.

That's why I like Hossfly 's post 21. Tear that pretentious shit down.

Does your skin burn from all of that hand wringing?

And?

First of all, whatever she wants to put her hand on when she is sworn in is her choice. I think Hoss's reply was brilliant. But that is just me.

And for those demanding that the Bible be used, remember all the crooks and corrupt assholes who screwed everybody over? All (or almost all) of them put their hand on the Bible when they were sworn in. It didn't help them, now did it?

Actually people who say what's the point here are those who actually realize this is not a theocracy. Ain't no more complex than that.
That's why I like Hossfly 's post 21. Tear that pretentious shit down.

Oh, it's not that I am distressed she did not use the Bible. No. It is a bit pretentious though, I will say that. My point was about the lay of the land. This nation has turned its back on God and is immersed in self. What matters is money, lust, security for family, temporal pleasures and total thoughtlessness about the "divine." This woman putting her hand on Malcom X is just an example of someone who has no clue. She represents probably 80% of the left and 40% of the right in America. Those are my guesses, but not without reason.

Does your skin burn from all of that hand wringing?
I do not think you and I have one thing in common. Do not let my words surprise you or concern you.

Last edited:
And?

First of all, whatever she wants to put her hand on when she is sworn in is her choice. I think Hoss's reply was brilliant. But that is just me.

And for those demanding that the Bible be used, remember all the crooks and corrupt assholes who screwed everybody over? All (or almost all) of them put their hand on the Bible when they were sworn in. It didn't help them, now did it?
Shes free to choose whatever she wants, but if she picks a book about a radical racist, people have the right to complain.

And?

Shes free to choose whatever she wants, but if she picks a book about a radical racist, people have the right to complain.

Have you read his autobiography?

And?

No.

And?

No.
You might want to.....it will surprise you.

And?

No.
You might want to.....it will surprise you.
Ive heard people say the same thing about Mein Kampf. No thanks, im good.

While taking the oath of office by placing your hand on an autobiography seems ludicrous, I have no real problem with it as long as the person honors the responsibilities of that office.

I doubt she’s someone I would have voted for since I doubt she’s a Republican.

And?

No.

Your assumptions would be right about him in the beginning. But later he changed his views dramatically.

Forum List

Back