How does volunteering for a charity reduce poverty?

Seems that you idiots have forgotten that one can only receive welfare for 5 years total. You have forgotten that you can only get if for 2 years consecutively at any time. Then you're gone for a year whether you have a job or not. And I guess that those PFCS in our military who work and put their lives on the line for this country in our stupid ass wars we don't need to fight just need to re arrange their mindsets because they live in poverty.

You will not end poverty by just telling people to go find a job. The job must pay enough for people to not live in poverty. So how about we provide a national living wage of 15 dollars per hour with price increase freezes on businesses.
No welfare is NOT capped at 5 years. The ONLY thing I know that comes close is TANF in West Virginia is capped at 5 years but you are required to work,go to college OR volunteer to continue getting the money.
The only cure for low IQ "people of color" poverty is mandatory sterilization. There are exceptions and they should be allowed to have drunk sex.
I would amend that to include low-IQ people of any race, but that would still be racist, implicitly of course.

You don't need a high IQ to dig ditches or perform manual labor.

Ditches are dug by backhoes. Manual labour doesn't exist anymore. That's why there is so much poverty. Not enough low skills jobs.

Do try to keep up.
Always fast food jobs. Wendy's here is hiring for 10$ an hour.
So, a single mother, with 2 preschool children would have to do what kind of work, while also watching her kids, in order to qualify for SNAP?
Here we have the Macon Program for Progress. When we lived in Georgia there was always head start....There it was 3 years old or up here its 6 weeks old and up. My 2 year old starts when school starts back. Income based of course so if you are poor there ya go.
There is already social security and disability (SSI) . Why do libs think there should be 5 or more programs to make their standard of living better than mine?

Many states DO handle the childcare issue. Why doesn't yours or why don't you know about it?
You are still not addressing the issue of food stamps and not making a damned bit of sense. People on food assistance are in need despite other programs and you are just glossing that over.

No, you are ignoring the fact that these "cuts" are projected savings from requiring people to work instead of sucking the government teat instead of getting off their asses and earn their keep.
No Sparky YOU are ignoring and deflecting away from my point about the needs of people who can't work for various reasons. You are as cruel and heartless as Trump. Or just stupid. Which is it?
That's why the requirements are for ABLE BODIED ADULTS WITH NO KIDS. Read the article.

Here in North Carolina we have the same thing you must work or train or volunteer or go to college to get food stamps. My wife works and I am disabled but because we have kids we don't HAVE to be disabled or work to get food stamps but the wife works and will soon start college because we are TIRED of being poor as hell.I am 100% in favor of a work requirement....Not only is Wendy's here hiring but so is Wal Mart,Bojangles,Sonics,Big Lots,Lowes,K Mart etc etc etc I can keep going...
I am in favor of a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage, under our form of Capitalism.

Why don't you work up the ladder to $15 an hour. I know you will have to be on time and perform your job better than the other folks starting on bottom rung of the ladder, if you do this you're boss will move you up. But no calling out days, no being late, no bitching about having to do your job, be courteous to fellow workers and customers. It's really that easy.
I started at $2.30 an hour to now something around $75 per hour, but you have to go get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is this person assuming things about someday they don't know?

We have contracts with property management firms that manage many section 8 homes in Southern California so we interact with bottom feeding human pets within their element and not at a desk in a state office where they're trying to sell us a line of bullshit.
Bear in mind these homes are inhabited by no one that works yet yards are hammered and full of beer cans and bottles, dog shit and dirty diapers The insides of these homes are DISGUSTING...they smell like a combination of ass, weed, dog shit, rotten food and trash. Filthy kids running around everywhere, dirty clothes throughout the home. Show up at 1pm on a weekday and there are still lowlifes sleeping. These people are so fucking filthy and lazy it amazes me every time. These human cockroaches are in no hurry to go to work...they are totally complacent and well acclimated to the "lifestyle". Trust me when I tell you this is the case MOST of the time. They all seem to have pit bulls, weed, booze and a beat up Cadillac...so apparently we're paying them pretty damn good.

Is the above rant that you posted, Loser, and example of the decent guy that you are? I guess it applies to me, too, during an early period of my life, since I was once poor, myself.

I'm seeing a lot of the usual suspects on this thread. What they have in common is that they interact every day with the lowest socioeconomic group, which means that they are probably just a rung over the inner city people. This is the level where I expect to see contempt for the impoverished. Everyone needs someone to feel superior to, whether they are the poor, the unemployed, Mexicans, Muslims, Atheists, gays, welfare queens, blacks, whatever.

That's a very typical spin cast by a good little Liberal following protocol.

It could be even simpler. Unlike you and your people maybe we believe a standard and expectation should be met by our fellow humans...after all it's the ability to reason that's suppose to separate us from the animal kingdom...right?
Maybe some of us pay more in income taxes than you earn in a year and we'd like to stop inducing the growing ignorance and dependence within the ghettos. I'd imagine it's pretty easy not be bothered by much when you're either not affected or part of the problem yourself...right? Bear in mind, most are in the 0% effective tax bracket.
AND OR
Maybe some of us are actually pretty decent people whom would like to be able to raise our children in a country that's predominantly made up other decent humans.
You might want to look at this Why are republicans so stupid when it comes to Food Stamps?

Why?
I don't see your point. I'm engaged in this thread.
Of course you don't. You're to ENGAGED in disparaging the poor and attacking those of us who advocate for them

Seems that you idiots have forgotten that one can only receive welfare for 5 years total. You have forgotten that you can only get if for 2 years consecutively at any time. Then you're gone for a year whether you have a job or not. And I guess that those PFCS in our military who work and put their lives on the line for this country in our stupid ass wars we don't need to fight just need to re arrange their mindsets because they live in poverty.

You will not end poverty by just telling people to go find a job. The job must pay enough for people to not live in poverty. So how about we provide a national living wage of 15 dollars per hour with price increase freezes on businesses.
No welfare is NOT capped at 5 years. The ONLY thing I know that comes close is TANF in West Virginia is capped at 5 years but you are required to work,go to college OR volunteer to continue getting the money.
I would amend that to include low-IQ people of any race, but that would still be racist, implicitly of course.

Ditches are dug by backhoes. Manual labour doesn't exist anymore. That's why there is so much poverty. Not enough low skills jobs.

Do try to keep up.
So, a single mother, with 2 preschool children would have to do what kind of work, while also watching her kids, in order to qualify for SNAP?
Here we have the Macon Program for Progress. When we lived in Georgia there was always head start....There it was 3 years old or up here its 6 weeks old and up. My 2 year old starts when school starts back. Income based of course so if you are poor there ya go.
You are still not addressing the issue of food stamps and not making a damned bit of sense. People on food assistance are in need despite other programs and you are just glossing that over.

No, you are ignoring the fact that these "cuts" are projected savings from requiring people to work instead of sucking the government teat instead of getting off their asses and earn their keep.
No Sparky YOU are ignoring and deflecting away from my point about the needs of people who can't work for various reasons. You are as cruel and heartless as Trump. Or just stupid. Which is it?
That's why the requirements are for ABLE BODIED ADULTS WITH NO KIDS. Read the article.

Here in North Carolina we have the same thing you must work or train or volunteer or go to college to get food stamps. My wife works and I am disabled but because we have kids we don't HAVE to be disabled or work to get food stamps but the wife works and will soon start college because we are TIRED of being poor as hell.I am 100% in favor of a work requirement....Not only is Wendy's here hiring but so is Wal Mart,Bojangles,Sonics,Big Lots,Lowes,K Mart etc etc etc I can keep going...
I am in favor of a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage, under our form of Capitalism.

Why don't you work up the ladder to $15 an hour. I know you will have to be on time and perform your job better than the other folks starting on bottom rung of the ladder, if you do this you're boss will move you up. But no calling out days, no being late, no bitching about having to do your job, be courteous to fellow workers and customers. It's really that easy.
I started at $2.30 an hour to now something around $75 per hour, but you have to go get it.

Holy hell what do you do for a living!?

Identifying the situation correctly is not disparagement
Calling it disparagement is an attempt to vacate personal responsibility

No one starts at the top so we dont get married or cohabit at age19, have two kids and Then try and figure out how to support ourselves

Last edited:

You kind of have to identify the situation correctly first which many here don't seem able to do.

Who are you addressing? Do you know how to use the quote feature ? Calling it like it is? Seriously? Spoken like a true heartless, lying, out of touch with reality conservative.
Yes excuse maker
Calling it like it is-fact
Calling it like you wish it was-liberal feelings

Do try to keep up.

0's that capped welfare at 5 years lifetime total.

Odium, they passed a law during the 90's that capped welfare at 5 years total.

I'm seeing a lot of the usual suspects on this thread. What they have in common is that they interact every day with the lowest socioeconomic group, which means that they are probably just a rung over the inner city people. This is the level where I expect to see contempt for the impoverished. Everyone needs someone to feel superior to, whether they are the poor, the unemployed, Mexicans, Muslims, Atheists, gays, welfare queens, blacks, whatever.

It could be even simpler. Unlike you and your people maybe we believe a standard and expectation should be met by our fellow humans...after all it's the ability to reason that's suppose to separate us from the animal kingdom...right?
Maybe some of us pay more in income taxes than you earn in a year and we'd like to stop inducing the growing ignorance and dependence within the ghettos. I'd imagine it's pretty easy not be bothered by much when you're either not affected or part of the problem yourself...right? Bear in mind, most are in the 0% effective tax bracket.
AND OR
Maybe some of us are actually pretty decent people whom would like to be able to raise our children in a country that's predominantly made up other decent humans.
You might want to look at this Why are republicans so stupid when it comes to Food Stamps?

Why?
Of course you don't. You're to ENGAGED in disparaging the poor and attacking those of us who advocate for them

"Advocate for them" is that what you call it?
By advocating do you really mean excuse making, coddling, and perpetuating a greater, larger epidemic?
I can't understand how or why you bleeding hearts never identify the real problem at its root....it never occurs to you that the problem needs to be dealt with at its origin.
Throwing other people's money over the top of the issue only conceals, masks and treats the problem...that methodology SOLVES nothing.
I'd like to challenge you to clearly identify the REAL problem at its origin...can you do that? Don't be scared to be candid.

AND OR

Why?

"Advocate for them" is that what you call it?
By advocating do you really mean excuse making, coddling, and perpetuating a greater, larger epidemic?
I can't understand how or why you bleeding hearts never identify the real problem at its root....it never occurs to you that the problem needs to be dealt with at its origin.
Throwing other people's money over the top of the issue only conceals, masks and treats the problem...that methodology SOLVES nothing.
I'd like to challenge you to clearly identify the REAL problem at its origin...can you do that? Don't be scared to be candid.

I'm thinking this is the part where ole' RegressivePatriot ducks out of this one...haha

Do try to keep up.

In what state and EXACTLY what kind of welfare? TANF,Medicaid,Food Stamps what? I know TANF at least in WV is capped at 5 years.

No, if you read the OP carefully, it does not say all those people got jobs. It says they had their food stamps taken away.

This is the tard definition of "curing" poverty.

So if they needed those food stamps, don't you think they would have complied with the requirements?

I think a lot of people can easily feed themselves, but will take anything that's free even if they don't have to have it. It's human nature really. Most of the people that I've seen use food stamps certainly didn't need them. I can tell by the other purchases they made, the kind of clothes they wore, the kind of vehicle they drove.

So what these requirements are actually doing is weeding out those who really don't need food stamps in the first place. How can that be a bad thing?

We don't know that. You would have to find out why they didn't show up. If they tried to get work and failed and knew they would be cut off then that is not cutting poverty.

So where is this place were there are no jobs? I don't buy that for a minute. Even if you got a job at McDonald's, that would count as working.

The thing is that people will take stuff for free; again, human nature. If you have to work for what you are given, then chances are you won't want to work for it because if you did, you would have gotten a job in the first place.

You keep speaking using your ass instead of your brain. I say we find out the facts before we claim it a success or failure. You spout in talking points and nothing more.

In what state and EXACTLY what kind of welfare? TANF,Medicaid,Food Stamps what? I know TANF at least in WV is capped at 5 years.

It's a national law that was passed by congress so it applies to all states.

It's called PRWOA.

Forum List

Back