Those people were given until April 1 to fulfil the aforementioned requirement. But when that date rolled around, The Journal-Constitution, citing state figures, reports that more than half of the food stamp recipients were dropped from the program.
So the cure for poverty is to stop giving poor people food stamps, making them even worse off.

Oooookaaaaayyyyy...

Yep, because if they had to work for what they have, they wouldn't be limiting their income to stay on the program. As it is now, they work X amount of hours and not an hour more.
No, if you read the OP carefully, it does not say all those people got jobs. It says they had their food stamps taken away.

This is the tard definition of "curing" poverty.

Able body people should not get SNAP. I can remember being a young man that had a few financial hard times..We ate brown beans..

I can remember those days as a youngster myself. That's when I started to become a conservative. I didn't make a lot of money and used to go to the grocery store to buy five pounds of ground beef to make hamburgers for the week. Maybe some spaghetti and sauce, and that was about it.

When I seen what people on food stamps were buying, I was outraged. I asked myself why are people who are not working eating better than people that were? The answer of course was Democrats and government.

Things haven't changed all that much with the exception that people today are not so candid about being on the dole. Today, they load the belt with their food stamp items, and then whip out a wad of cash to pay for those cigarettes, alcoholic beverages, huge bags of dog food, cat litter, greeting cards and so on.

Years ago it seemed like some people were ashamed of having to be on food stamps.
Struggle builds character and motivates you to try and move ahead
Not much motivation from government dependency on what is your responsibility anyway
I've never had problems getting jobs. For 30 year's I worked two sometimes three jobs.Not that they were low paying jobs. I just liked to stay busy.

Those were the old days. Many of us worked more than one job. Today? It's hard to find anybody that works over 40.
After my recovery from back surgery, I will be, plus I grow my own food and I am a single parent, I am used to having a full schedule and hate being idle.

NEGATIVE.
The "cure" is to amend the constitution and charge people making human pets / money trees (babies) with grand larceny.
The problem lies in pathetic parenting within the ghettos and barrios. Pathetic parenting is perpetuated by low iQ, no moral compass, no sense of responsibility or accountability. No "system" will work and be sustainable long term until this issue is attacked aggressively at its root.
Liberals, why not lobby to correct the problem at the root?
"Liberals always want to spend time, effort and energy coming up with new, not so clever ways to funnel more taxpayer cash to our lower class...but why not correct the issue rather than throw other people's money over the top of it and simply 'buy more time'?
So what is the root problem in our country?
NOPE…not the government or any other fabricated excuse…this is even simpler...PARENTS SUCK!
The quality of parenting in low income households is an absolute joke...animals in the wild do a better job. Kids need to know that you have expectations they MUST meet...it's not a choice, it's an absolute demand...period! Children need to be micro-managed, mentored, pushed, encouraged, disciplined, held accountable...etc. They need to truly believe that they are SUPPOSE to be successful. Being a good parent is not easy and it takes a lot of work…apparently loser parents on welfare with no job and funded by me can't find the time to put into their kids...They keep their baby factory running and turning out more of the same that I will pay for…UNBELIEVABLE!
This country is made up of excuse makers. In the real world when real people face challenges they usually get to that fork in the road where good decision making (or bad happens). Do I blame some source that I have no control over for my shortcomings and quit trying or do I put my head down and conquer? If society is always telling you that you aren't to blame, it's not your fault and your held back by everybody else...well what kind of philosophies will kids adopt?...What can we expect? Life and success or failure always boils down to your decision making processes. If you're a bad decision maker you're usually a loser....simple.

Let me tell you how simple this is...a simple recipe to succeed in this country:
Learn to speak the english language CLEARLY...rid yourself of any foreign or illiterate accents. Look, dress and act like a legitimate human. (you know exactly what that means)
Go to school...ride a bus, ride your bike, walk...whatever...get educated.
Wake up early and always think about being proactive and productive.
Set and attain goals...surround yourself with others with goals.
Never ever blame others for your struggles. BE ACCOUNTABLE!
Don't break the law. Respect others and their property.
Work...get a job, keep a job until you find your next better job. Ride a bus, ride a bike, walk...just WORK!
Lead your family....Always remind yourself that your kids did not ask to be born...you owe them your very best.
Spend every minute of every day of the rest of your life being better, doing better or thinking about being and doing better.

There you go people...STOP ALL THE EXCUSE MAKING AND GET TO WORK...and parents...step up, grab your balls and do the right thing for once.
It's just that simple. Send me royalty checks please."

Able body people should not get SNAP. I can remember being a young man that had a few financial hard times..We ate brown beans..

I can remember those days as a youngster myself. That's when I started to become a conservative. I didn't make a lot of money and used to go to the grocery store to buy five pounds of ground beef to make hamburgers for the week. Maybe some spaghetti and sauce, and that was about it.

When I seen what people on food stamps were buying, I was outraged. I asked myself why are people who are not working eating better than people that were? The answer of course was Democrats and government.

Things haven't changed all that much with the exception that people today are not so candid about being on the dole. Today, they load the belt with their food stamp items, and then whip out a wad of cash to pay for those cigarettes, alcoholic beverages, huge bags of dog food, cat litter, greeting cards and so on.

Years ago it seemed like some people were ashamed of having to be on food stamps.
Struggle builds character and motivates you to try and move ahead
Not much motivation from government dependency on what is your responsibility anyway
I've never had problems getting jobs. For 30 year's I worked two sometimes three jobs.Not that they were low paying jobs. I just liked to stay busy.

Those were the old days. Many of us worked more than one job. Today? It's hard to find anybody that works over 40.

Check your local public school.

I am in favor of a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage, under our form of Capitalism.
Like every other government interference in the marketplace, all that will do is cause prices to readjust to the same old equilibrium. Much better solution: stop importing cheap labor from abroad.
social services cost around fourteen dollars an hour; a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage is simple economics.

Those people were given until April 1 to fulfil the aforementioned requirement. But when that date rolled around, The Journal-Constitution, citing state figures, reports that more than half of the food stamp recipients were dropped from the program.
So the cure for poverty is to stop giving poor people food stamps, making them even worse off.

Oooookaaaaayyyyy...

Yep, because if they had to work for what they have, they wouldn't be limiting their income to stay on the program. As it is now, they work X amount of hours and not an hour more.
No, if you read the OP carefully, it does not say all those people got jobs. It says they had their food stamps taken away.

Study after study has shown reducing welfare does not send people rushing out to find jobs because most of them have jobs. What they do is, skip meals, move in with friends and family, shoplift, park their kids with parents, return to abusive relationships, and panhandle, guaranteeing that their kids are going to fair no better they have and will be a continued burden to society.

Last edited:
Do you know there are many who only work a certain amount of hours so they don't lose their free food stamps? We have customers that use temporary services for help. When things get busy and they ask the temps if they could work overtime, many of them refuse. Why? Because if they make too much money in a month, that gets deducted from their food stamp allowance.

No there aren't many who do that.

mean just look at that comment and wonder just how ignorant a person has t be in order to actually believe something like this.

"Oh no boss, don't give me 40 hours and don't give me a raise, I just want to work 10 and keep making the minimum so I can get food stamps."

You don't want to believe it because it bursts your bubble. But I've been delivering to industry for over 25 years, and I've seen it happen multiple times. Less than two years ago, I evicted a family because of food stamps. They kept getting further and further behind on rent, but the mother of the children didn't want to get a job because it would have screwed up her stipend.

Because it went through the courts, he has a record of eviction (I put the lease in his name) that any future landlord can find. I garnished his wages for nearly a year. One of my other tenants still hangs around with the couple, and she told me the place he lives in now is a real shit hole. It's about half the size of the place they had here and the landlord takes minimum care of it. For what? Food stamps.

We have contracts with property management firms that manage many section 8 homes in Southern California so we interact with bottom feeding human pets within their element and not at a desk in a state office where they're trying to sell us a line of bullshit.
Bear in mind these homes are inhabited by no one that works yet yards are hammered and full of beer cans and bottles, dog shit and dirty diapers. The insides of these homes are DISGUSTING...they smell like a combination of ass, weed, dog shit, rotten food and trash. Filthy kids running around everywhere, dirty clothes throughout the home. Show up at 1pm on a weekday and there are still lowlifes sleeping. These people are so fucking filthy and lazy it amazes me every time. These human cockroaches are in no hurry to go to work...they are totally complacent and well acclimated to the "lifestyle". Trust me when I tell you this is the case MOST of the time. They all seem to have pit bulls, weed, booze and a beat up Cadillac...so apparently we're paying them pretty damn good.
Yes Sparky, there are people who live that way. So fucking what? What does that have to do with what is happening in Georgia and the pain it is causing ?

Haha...you're not gonna "get it" bud...you refuse to wrap that little peanut brain around the facts. The facts hurt your little feelings.
"The pain" you speak of that has you all troubled and rolled up in the fetal position is SELF INFLICTED....how the fuck you can't understand that goes way beyond my pay grade. You need to seek help bud...and you may need a straitjacket. Just sayin'.
Your problem is that you have to hide behind juvenile insults, threats and inane blather to gloss over the fact that you have nothing that's rational or logical to back up your idiotic ideas and claims

We have contracts with property management firms that manage many section 8 homes in Southern California so we interact with bottom feeding human pets within their element and not at a desk in a state office where they're trying to sell us a line of bullshit.
Bear in mind these homes are inhabited by no one that works yet yards are hammered and full of beer cans and bottles, dog shit and dirty diapers. The insides of these homes are DISGUSTING...they smell like a combination of ass, weed, dog shit, rotten food and trash. Filthy kids running around everywhere, dirty clothes throughout the home. Show up at 1pm on a weekday and there are still lowlifes sleeping. These people are so fucking filthy and lazy it amazes me every time. These human cockroaches are in no hurry to go to work...they are totally complacent and well acclimated to the "lifestyle". Trust me when I tell you this is the case MOST of the time. They all seem to have pit bulls, weed, booze and a beat up Cadillac...so apparently we're paying them pretty damn good.

You are singing to the choir. I used to deliver medical equipment to homes for about ten years, and many times that work took me to the ghettos here in Cleveland.

I remember one time I got called out to the projects about 10:00 at night. I was scared for my life going there....especially alone. Anyway it was to exchange an infant monitor that was giving false alarms. When I got there, the walls were crawling with cockroaches. The baby was in the parents bedroom laying on the bed. As I started to get prepared to switch the monitor, I looked at the baby and a cockroach was crawling on his face. The parents just sat there without even a thought to swipe it away. I guess it happened all day and night long.

I'll never forget my first day on the job. We went to an apartment in the ghetto which was above some store. It was exactly like you described. After we got done setting up the hospital bed, we got back in the van and I really didn't know what to say without coming off as a racist to my trainer. So I said "It's a shame people have to live that way." He looked back at me and said "A bar of soap is only fifteen cents."
I lived for about nine months in one of the deepest hoods in Baltimore. The thing that killed me was the bags of household garbage just dumped anywhere and everywhere. Most of the houses on my block were empty but there were people in the house next door. Instead of putting the trash in garbage cans in the alley, they would just take it out the front door, walk across the street and throw it in the vacant lot there. I'm thinking to myself, you know, the city will come to your house every week and take your garbage to that magical place called away for you. But my neighbors would throw it in the lot across the street.

Everybody did shit like that. You can imagine the rats. At night, if I had the windows open, there was this steady squeaking of rats being killed by predators in all directions. With the sirens, the gunfire, the occasional police helicopter, and the death squeaks, it was like a symphony for the damned.
And that has exactly WHAT to do with food stamps??

I'm seeing a lot of the usual suspects on this thread. What they have in common is that they interact every day with the lowest socioeconomic group, which means that they are probably just a rung over the inner city people. This is the level where I expect to see contempt for the impoverished. Everyone needs someone to feel superior to, whether they are the poor, the unemployed, Mexicans, Muslims, Atheists, gays, welfare queens, blacks, whatever.

I find the statement very misleading. The question is whether they are taking credit for people getting jobs or kicking people off of food stamps. Did the rolls drop because they knew they would be dropped and didn't show up even if they had been looking for jobs. If you sere interesting in helping people, you would find out why these people didn't show up. If it was because they found jobs then maybe you would consider expanding the program. However it appears this is about making it so tough to get help they won't show up. This is pure evil.

So if they needed those food stamps, don't you think they would have complied with the requirements?

I think a lot of people can easily feed themselves, but will take anything that's free even if they don't have to have it. It's human nature really. Most of the people that I've seen use food stamps certainly didn't need them. I can tell by the other purchases they made, the kind of clothes they wore, the kind of vehicle they drove.

So what these requirements are actually doing is weeding out those who really don't need food stamps in the first place. How can that be a bad thing?

I'm seeing a lot of the usual suspects on this thread. What they have in common is that they interact every day with the lowest socioeconomic group, which means that they are probably just a rung over the inner city people. This is the level where I expect to see contempt for the impoverished. Everyone needs someone to feel superior to, whether they are the poor, the unemployed, Mexicans, Muslims, Atheists, gays, welfare queens, blacks, whatever.

That's a very typical spin cast by a good little Liberal following protocol.

It could be even simpler. Unlike you and your people maybe we believe a standard and expectation should be met by our fellow humans...after all it's the ability to reason that's suppose to separate us from the animal kingdom...right?
Maybe some of us pay more in income taxes than you earn in a year and we'd like to stop inducing the growing ignorance and dependence within the ghettos. I'd imagine it's pretty easy not be bothered by much when you're either not affected or part of the problem yourself...right? Bear in mind, most are in the 0% effective tax bracket.
AND OR
Maybe some of us are actually pretty decent people whom would like to be able to raise our children in a country that's predominantly made up other decent humans.

It could be even simpler. Unlike you and your people maybe we believe a standard and expectation should be met by our fellow humans...after all it's the ability to reason that's suppose to separate us from the animal kingdom...right?
Maybe some of us pay more in income taxes than you earn in a year and we'd like to stop inducing the growing ignorance and dependence within the ghettos. I'd imagine it's pretty easy not be bothered by much when you're either not affected or part of the problem yourself...right? Bear in mind, most are in the 0% effective tax bracket.
AND OR
Maybe some of us are actually pretty decent people whom would like to be able to raise our children in a country that's predominantly made up other decent humans.
You might want to look at this Why are republicans so stupid when it comes to Food Stamps?

AND OR
You might want to look at this Why are republicans so stupid when it comes to Food Stamps?

Why?
I don't see your point. I'm engaged in this thread.

Humans are deserving of their own demises especially when creating or participating in them
Working class poor is largely a euphemism for bad life choices and most of the quite poor are doing very little working

C'mon folks, lay off the food stamps a little. Lots of people work and still don't make enough to survive without some government aid. I say this as an ex business owner and landlord in poor neighborhoods and I know a few things. Lots of food stamp folks are deadbeats, but their kids still need to be fed. Let's go after some of the big mooches. 'Defense' contractors that bribe congress critters to keep us in a constant state of war such that it's almost broken us financially. Another big drain of money is israel, who has cost us over a quarter trillion dollars in aid since it's becoming a nation. And get this, israel has state run health care and subsidized colleges while we have homeless people, including veterans, living in shanty towns. Lots more freeloading at the corporate level but I just named a couple of big time freeloaders.

Last edited:
So either the OP believes there is no more poverty in Georgia OR this thread title is a steaming pile of horse shit.

So if they needed those food stamps, don't you think they would have complied with the requirements?

I think a lot of people can easily feed themselves, but will take anything that's free even if they don't have to have it. It's human nature really. Most of the people that I've seen use food stamps certainly didn't need them. I can tell by the other purchases they made, the kind of clothes they wore, the kind of vehicle they drove.

So what these requirements are actually doing is weeding out those who really don't need food stamps in the first place. How can that be a bad thing?

We don't know that. You would have to find out why they didn't show up. If they tried to get work and failed and knew they would be cut off then that is not cutting poverty.

We don't know that. You would have to find out why they didn't show up. If they tried to get work and failed and knew they would be cut off then that is not cutting poverty.

So where is this place were there are no jobs? I don't buy that for a minute. Even if you got a job at McDonald's, that would count as working.

The thing is that people will take stuff for free; again, human nature. If you have to work for what you are given, then chances are you won't want to work for it because if you did, you would have gotten a job in the first place.

Forum List

Back