George Will on Gay Marriage

Gadawg73

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2009
Georgia
"Quite literally the opposition to gay marriage is dying. It is old people"

And Republican strategist Mary Matalin also stated "people who live in the real world say the greatest threat to civil order is heterosexuals who do not get married and are making babies. That is more problematic for our culture than gays getting married."

Gay marriage. How absurd this is an actual issue.
In a few years no one will even notice it was as it affects no one.

I haven't seen the usually homophobes around here lately.

Maybe they ran off to Washington to live free lives.

Mazel tov!

And Republican strategist Mary Matalin also stated "people who live in the real world say the greatest threat to civil order is heterosexuals who do not get married and are making babies. That is more problematic for our culture than gays getting married."

Ask the same question in a country with a growing muslim population that is also getting more radical, and you have a vastly different answer.

Never assume social mores always move to more permitting views. We have seen it for the past decades, but a revisionism back to a more conservative moral standing is never out of the question.

Gay marriage will always be 'opposed.' It is sick and unnatural.

(See: history of civilization)

The best that can be hoped for is that it will be tolerated, as it has in many civilizations previously just prior to their collapse.

Republicans look at gays and figure they are less than 5% of the population and they are better off pandering to the 25% of their base that hates gays

But they forget that gays have families, they have friends and coworkers that look at them as people who are being treated unfairly. Like Will said, young people look at gays as the civil rights issue of their era and the Republicans look downright mean.

The issue is hurting the Republican brand. In five years or so they will switch over and claim they really were for gay rights but they thought the states should resolve it.

I live in NJ and our legislators have passed gay marriage but our Republican governor has vetoed it. It may have been a good poltical move for Christie in 2011 but it will come back to haunt him in 2016

Before that it was interracial marriage, and before that interreligious marriage. When blacks were integrated with the rest of the military, that was going to be the downfall of our society. Whenever there is a change, the frightened bunnies always scream the same thing. I am sure the next generation will have their own crop of bunnies who will be just as frightened about the next change.

This is just one of the many groups of voters the republican party will have to heave to the curb if they ever wish to win another national election.

To make it convincing they will have to SHOW JOY in heaving them to the curb.

This is just one of the many groups of voters the republican party will have to heave to the curb if they ever wish to win another national election.

To make it convincing they will have to SHOW JOY in heaving them to the curb.

Speaking as a Republican, for most of us showing joy won't be an act.

Ask the same question in a country with a growing muslim population that is also getting more radical, and you have a vastly different answer.

Never assume social mores always move to more permitting views. We have seen it for the past decades, but a revisionism back to a more conservative moral standing is never out of the question.

I will offer my Muslim brothers a hog sammich with stew on the side.

I haven't seen the usually homophobes around here lately.

Maybe they ran off to Washington to live free lives.

Mazel tov!

Why is it every time there's a topic on "dick," you're first to the chalkboard?

I always wondered if the bull dyke across the street had a dick because her partner looks so good.
But doubt it.
Dig your photo though.

The best that can be hoped for is that it will be tolerated, as it has in many civilizations previously just prior to their collapse.

Yawn. Flying is unnatural. Surgery is unnatural.

Your historical pig-ignorance duly noted.

Yawn. Flying is unnatural. Surgery is unnatural.

Your historical pig-ignorance duly noted.

But people do not think flying and surgery is gross.

Somehow I don't see my being able to file joint taxes with my life partner of 17 years collapsing civilization.

Somehow I don't see my being able to file joint taxes with my life partner of 17 years collapsing civilization.

Joint tax filing isn't a perversion.

Anyone who hates gays is perveting freedom.

See how easy it is for one group to just claim somthing is perverted?

Forum List

Back