George W. Bush Bashes Obama on Middle East

Well... Under the Heading: BETTER LATE THAN NEVER...

"In a closed-door meeting with Jewish Donors Saturday night, former President George W. Bush delivered his harshest public criticisms to date against his successor on foreign policy, saying that President Barack Obama is being naïve about Iran and the pending nuclear deal and losing the war against the Islamic State. ...
Bush said that Obama’s plan to lift sanctions on Iran with a promise that they could snap back in place at any time was not plausible. He also said the deal would be bad for American national security in the long term: “You think the Middle East is chaotic now? Imagine what it looks like for our grandchildren. That’s how Americans should view the deal.”

Bush then went into a detailed criticism of Obama’s policies in fighting the Islamic State and dealing with the chaos in Iraq. On Obama’s decision to withdraw all U.S. troops in Iraq at the end of 2011, he quoted Senator Lindsey Graham calling it a “strategic blunder.” Bush signed an agreement with the Iraqi government to withdraw those troops, but the idea had been to negotiate a new status of forces agreement to keep U.S. forces there past 2011. The Obama administration tried and failed to negotiate such an agreement.

Bush said he views the rise of the Islamic State as al-Qaeda’s "second act” and that they may have changed the name but that murdering innocents is still the favored tactic. He defended his own administration’s handling of terrorism, noting that the terrorist Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, who confessed to killing Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl, was captured on his watch: “Just remember the guy who slit Danny Pearl’s throat is in Gitmo, and now they're doing it on TV.”

George W. Bush Bashes Obama on Middle East - Bloomberg View

Hopefully someone will seize bush and cheney and take them to the world court in the hague, too bad they don't have the death penalty at the world court

93_56_1.gif

Germany Files War Crimes Against Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld And Other CIA Officials

Addicting Info Germany Files War Crimes Against Bush Cheney Rumsfeld And Other CIA Officials

Bush’s Anti-Terror Chief: Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld Can Be Tried at the Hague for War Crimes They Committed In Iraq

Bush s Anti-Terror Chief Bush Cheney and Rumsfeld Can Be Tried at the Hague for War Crimes They Committed In Iraq Washington s Blog

Last edited:
Well if Dubya dislikes his mid-east policies, then they can't be too bad :thup:
hey OldSchool , you oughta listen to GWB and quit listening to the bonehead . GWB is correct about your grandchildren if you have any .

dubya is doing good if he is letting out this mild criticism OldSchool !! I hope that he keeps up the criticism , maybe he should do some 'o reily' and really gut you lefties cranked up .

dubya is doing good if he is letting out this mild criticism OldSchool !! I hope that he keeps up the criticism , maybe he should do some 'o reily' and really gut you lefties cranked up .
Yup. I agree. I think Bush should spend the next year and 6 months traveling America railing against Democrats and reminding people about his presidency. And appear on as many shows as will have him.

I couldn't agree more with you pismoe. :thup:

and I have no use for either 'bush' or 'o reily' but what GWB says about the future and the middle east is spot on !! Wait'll mrobama gives iran their nukes !!

Last edited:
"George W. Bush Bashes Obama on Middle East"

Given the fact GWB started two failed, illegal wars in the region, he's in no position to 'bash' any president concerning the ME.

Two illegal wars?? Your posts keep getting more and more absurd.

The closest I can come to describing what Dubya's presidency was like is contained in the facial expression you make at the moment you lift the lid on a toilet seat and discover someone #2'd it and failed to flush.

George W. Bush is wrong once again. The onus in the nuclear deal between America and Iran is not, as he says, on America; the onus is on Iran to then follow-up and do right by the agreement. Just as the onus was on Russia in the nuclear disarmament treaty President Reagan agreed to with Gorbachev. They give up so many nukes and then we will, and so on and so on.

The same chickenhawk right-wing flank in the 80's asserted that Russia would never abide by the treaty. Well, they did.

We'll do for Iran if they do for us. If they don't, then we get to punish them.

We've got the power. We have what Seinfeld called "hand".

George W. Bush never had "hand" on foreign policy. The evidence that Iraq is among the 2 or 3 biggest foreign policy disasters in American history is that Saddam was an effective cockblock in the region between tribal factions. George W. Bush broke it and it's been a curse ever since to both him and his successor, and in another 2 years, the President after that, no matter what party they're from.

A positive in his diatribe was that he commended President Obama's efforts on ISIS. At least there's a Republican out there willing to admit that's what Obama is actually doing. In the right-wing reality today, you'd think Obama was aiding and abetting ISIS.

"George W. Bush Bashes Obama on Middle East"

Given the fact GWB started two failed, illegal wars in the region, he's in no position to 'bash' any president concerning the ME.

He's come down with an acute case of Cheneyism.

Be assured, the neocons will be trying to rewrite the history of Iraq from now until every one of them is dead.

Dubya's responsible for the current Mid East situation.

Hey! It's nice to see Overt Delusion has checked in.

Natch pubes....anytime a truly ridiculous thread pops up I'm bound to check it. Can't help it. It's like a dog with a squirrel.

Kind of funny...here's old Dubya proud of catching the guy Khalid Sheikh Mohammed but it was Obama who got bin Laden ;)
How many lies can you tell?
Obama did not "get" OBL. Seal Team 6, which libs denigrated as "Dick Cheney's Hit Squad", got OBL, in an operation that started under Bush. Obama had to be prodded by Biden into taking action. Of course he took all the credit for it.
And what did all that accomplish? Is al Qaeda "on the run" as Obama claims?
Obama is the biggest bumbler in the WH. His entire foreign policy is a series of amateur mistakes and pathetic failures. There is not one success. Not one.

One of George W Bush's only good decisions was to avoid publicly "bashing" his successor. I doubt he did much bashing here. I think the OP wants to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Forum List

Back