George Stephanopoulos Stunned After Pelosi Suggests States Can Overrule Constitution and Ban Trump From Presidential Ballot

Again. It wasn’t exactly an unknown that Jeff Davis had been the President of the Confederate States.
It is also well known that Trump called for the rally, told them to march on the capital and "fight like hell", pressured Pence not to certify the vote and that his people had created fake slates of electors for the swing states that Trump had lost.

It is also well known that Trump called for the rally, told them to march on the capital and "fight like hell", pressured Pence not to certify the vote and that his people had created fake slates of electors for the swing states that Trump had lost.
Trump said to protest peacefully and patriotically. Regarding "Fight Like Hell", it appears a bunch of democrats are also guilty of insurrection.

There's nothing in the 14th Amendment regarding queer marriage, but somehow liberal judges found it. You creatures make stuff up from the most abused Amendment of the Constitution.
In my opinion liberal judges do go too far with the "living Constitution" but I predict that the conservative justices will abandon their strict 'textual-ism' and find some way to overrule the states in this case. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

In my opinion liberal judges do go too far with the "living Constitution" but I predict that the conservative justices will abandon their strict 'textual-ism' and find some way to overrule the states in this case. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
I agree. Trump never participated in an insurrection.

Using President Trump as an example; he has never even been charged with insurrection.

But if he were, it would have to be in federal court. And he’d have to be convicted. Absent that, the 14th A. doesn’t mean squat in terms of his qualification to be a candidate.
As pelodi candidly admitted dems are not impressed by legal formalities

The point is democrat political rhetoric is a lot more violent than what Trump said on January 6th.
I don't condone any violent rhetoric... but "The point" actually is that his rhetoric in this case was part of a plot (an insurrection some would say) to stop the certification of the electors and replace them with Trump electors.

It is also well known that Trump called for the rally,

Yep. So far so good.
told them to march on the capital and "fight like hell",
Yep. You’re on a roll.
pressured Pence not to certify the vote
1/2 right. He did ask Pence. I don’t know that it qualifies as”pressured.”
and that his people had created fake slates of electors for the swing states that Trump had lost.
No points. He sought an array of alternative slates for the prospect that the “officially declared” slates were to be rejected. The reason was the belief that he had not in fact lost those states but for the cheating.

And?

I don't condone any violent rhetoric... but "The point" actually is that his rhetoric in this case was part of a plot (an insurrection some would say) to stop the certification of the electors and replace them with Trump electors.
Yes, and it was a legal tactic. Trump wanted an investigation before certification. Nothing to do with insurrection.

If you read the plain text, look at the original intent or the historical usage then you would be the one that doesn't understand. But ultimately the conservatives on the USSC will probably drop their originalist facade and rule in favor of Trump.

Don’t worrie it’s only a conservative majority for another 30 or 40 years or so.

Forum List

Back