George Carlin Court martialed By The Air Force 3 Times

The military cannot take away any of your civil rights. A General Discharge means you had discipline or drug problems.
Brown-nosing and doing heroin or other drugs is a Dishonorable Discharge from the military.

A General Discharge does not imply misconduct or dishonor.

> Famous Veteran: George Carlin
>
> He received a General Discharge, not an Honorable one. His military record was very bad.
He dropped out of high school without graduating. He was a drug addict.

And was one of the funniest comedians of all time. Yeah, he had issues with authority. But none of the charges were serious.

Carlin won every accolade and recognition that was ever given to comedians. His "7 Words" routine was at the center of a US Supreme Court Ruling. He started out doing impressions in the 1950s, and ended up filling huge halls with sellout crowds for years.

His gift with the English language is without comparison in comedy. He was edgy and funny for over 50 years. He started when he was too young to get into comedy clubs legally, and kept doing it, better and better, for his entire life. (in his early years, he was arrested for being underage in a bar, he was handcuffed to a comedian who was arrested for obscenity - Lenny Bruce)

His books hit the top of the best seller list. His albums went gold and even won a Grammy. He was the first host of Saturday Night Live. And he did odd little roles in movies and on tv for years, including children's tv.

His intellect was huge, and he was fearless. Yeah, he used a lot of drugs over the years, but he managed to put them all down. Not an addict, but certainly a user.

Considering the contributions he made, the decades he entertained, and the truths he showed us, if all you have to say about him is that he dropped out of high school and had a General Discharge, you have missed the point.
I haven't missed a damn, thing, asshole. I told the damn truth. You are a coward covering it up.

No, I think you have missed it. I have not covered up anything. 50+ years of the best comedy in the business, and you want to boil it down to a General Discharge and drug use? Yeah, you missed it.
You ignore the court martials? Those are criminal trials.

Yes, they are the equivalent of criminal trials. But they are often for things that would not be crimes in the civilian world.

I found the video I was looking for in which Carlin talks about his 3 courts martial, and the charges against him.

1) Insubordination
2) Disobeying a lawful order
3) Falling asleep on guard duty

Now those are serious in the military. But don't try to make them sound like he was some dangerous criminal loosed on the world.

I have read Carlin's books, bought his albums and watched his TV Specials.
He was great.
But, in his last 15 to 20 years or so he was a bitter old man full of means stereotypes.

>
> He received a General Discharge, not an Honorable one. His military record was very bad.
And yet somehow he managed to get by in life.

I would say dropping out of high school is something few would recommend. But the list of very successful people who dropped out is pretty long.

I have read Carlin's books, bought his albums and watched his TV Specials.
He was great.
But, in his last 15 to 20 years or so he was a bitter old man full of means stereotypes.

I think most of that was simply his evolution of his comedy. He liked to shake people up. He couldn't do Hal Sleet your hippy-dippy weatherman forever.

1) Insubordination

Now those are serious in the military. But don't try to make them sound like he was some dangerous criminal loosed on the world.
A General Discharge is equivalent to a Presidential pardon or vacation of any such convictions.
By law he has a clean slate, and those matters cannot stand on the record against him outside the military after a General Discharge.

>

And was one of the funniest comedians of all time. Yeah, he had issues with authority. But none of the charges were serious.

Carlin won every accolade and recognition that was ever given to comedians. His "7 Words" routine was at the center of a US Supreme Court Ruling. He started out doing impressions in the 1950s, and ended up filling huge halls with sellout crowds for years.

His gift with the English language is without comparison in comedy. He was edgy and funny for over 50 years. He started when he was too young to get into comedy clubs legally, and kept doing it, better and better, for his entire life. (in his early years, he was arrested for being underage in a bar, he was handcuffed to a comedian who was arrested for obscenity - Lenny Bruce)

His books hit the top of the best seller list. His albums went gold and even won a Grammy. He was the first host of Saturday Night Live. And he did odd little roles in movies and on tv for years, including children's tv.

His intellect was huge, and he was fearless. Yeah, he used a lot of drugs over the years, but he managed to put them all down. Not an addict, but certainly a user.

Considering the contributions he made, the decades he entertained, and the truths he showed us, if all you have to say about him is that he dropped out of high school and had a General Discharge, you have missed the point.
I haven't missed a damn, thing, asshole. I told the damn truth. You are a coward covering it up.

No, I think you have missed it. I have not covered up anything. 50+ years of the best comedy in the business, and you want to boil it down to a General Discharge and drug use? Yeah, you missed it.

Yes, they are the equivalent of criminal trials. But they are often for things that would not be crimes in the civilian world.

I found the video I was looking for in which Carlin talks about his 3 courts martial, and the charges against him.

1) Insubordination

I don't take orders from you. asshole.

>

No, I don't ignore them. What were the charges? Disrespect? You want to ignore 50+ years of brilliant comedy & social commentary because he had trouble with authority and used drugs?
You think he was brilliant. I think he was a sick bastard.

Most of his jokes weren’t funny and he had a very high opinion of himself

>

Carlin was certainly a liberal, but far more of a classic liberal/libertarian. He opposed authority and would be cussing up a shit storm about all these sheep and their fuckin masks. He said plenty of things I can't agree with, but I could still laugh at. I consider him one of the greatest thinkers in our society. I think of him more as an intellectual than just a comedian. His comedy was thought provoking, not just a show where some bed wetter picks on people and society.

I loathe leftists to a degree that would make Pinochet say...

1609264680733.png

However I have reverence for Carlin because he used his mind, he actually thought about shit and drew his own conclusions based on the data he observed. One of the few on the left that deserve that credit. The rest are parrots who refuse to think if they even have the capacity to do so.

>

1) Insubordination

I don't take orders from you. asshole.

Just like George Carlin.

>

Court martialed?

Perhaps he told the n!ggers to fuck off.

Carlin would generally peter out after about 10 minutes at which point the audience would switch from laughing to applauding.

Forum List

Back