Genesis, and Science, Predict Marine Life

Genesis is a creation MYTH. There have been hundreds of creation MYTHS. They are stories about where everything came from, and how it came about,

made up by people who through no fault of their own lived too long ago to have anything resembling a thorough knowledge of how things really,

or most likely,

happened.

That they figured out that the seas had to come before sea creatures is not an exercise in divine intervention,

imparting upon them some superhuman insight that only an omniscient supernational superior being could deliver...

...it was an exercise in common sense.

Genesis is a creation MYTH. There have been hundreds of creation MYTHS. They are stories about where everything came from, and how it came about,

made up by people who through no fault of their own lived too long ago to have anything resembling a thorough knowledge of how things really,

or most likely,

happened.

That they figured out that the seas had to come before sea creatures is not an exercise in divine intervention,

imparting upon them some superhuman insight that only an omniscient supernational superior being could deliver...

'Quantum cosmology is a branch of mathematical metaphysics that provides no cause for the emergence of the universe, the ‘how,’ nor reason thereof, the ‘why.’ If the mystification induced by its mathematics were removed from the subject, what remains would appear remarkably similar to the various creation myths in which the origin of the universe is attributed to sexual congress between primordial deities.'
Berlinski, "The Devil's Delusion'

or most likely,

happened.

a myth that beat science to the punch by a few thousand years

1. Track the events in the creation account of Genesis and it’s amazing how closely the events conform to the current view of modern science. First, an explosion, light- the universe – oceans/land - plants- …
Your made up version of the order of creation doesn't even match the bible let alone science!!! The bible says the heavens and Earth and the oceans were created IN DARKNESS before the creation of light.

Genesis 1
New International Version (NIV)
The Beginning

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

The Big Bang occured in utter darkness. It was only later that there was star formation to bring forth light.

or most likely,

happened.

Name one that is half believable other than the Bible.

After all, there is no pink elephant giving birth to a purple tiger etc, etc.

Also, Genesis is at odds with science.

Science does not subscribe to this:

then the LORD God formed man from the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and the man became a living being.

Sadly, your A.D.D. is reasserting....

This thread specifies Genesis, chapter one.

Not 'two,'.....'one.'
You recognize the difference, don't you?
Or, haven't you gotten up to that lesson yet.

It is a wonder that you are able to find your way back to the refrigerator box you call home....do you use the bread crumb method?

You may want to read a book called, "Genesis and the Big Bang" by Dr. Gerald Schroeder. He is part theologian and scientist. He points out that ancient rabbinical theologians concluded that the earth was far older than 6 literal days, just by their expertise in the Hebrew translation of Genesis.

He then goes on with his own theory. As we all know, time is relative to such things as mass and speed etc. He reckoned that in each day in Genesis, time halves. Since the universe is around 15 billion years old, that means that day one was 8 billion years, day two was 4 billion years, day three was 2 billion years etc, etc. That puts day 5, the day when sea creatures roamed the oceans, right at the Cambrian explosion and also matches up with other scientific events.

Also, Genesis is at odds with science.

Science does not subscribe to this:

then the LORD God formed man from the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and the man became a living being.

Not 'two,'.....'one.'

It is a wonder that you are able to find your way back to the refrigerator box you call home....do you use the bread crumb method?

You may want to read a book called, "Genesis and the Big Bang" by Dr. Gerald Schroeder. He is part theologian and scientist. He points out that ancient rabbinical theologians concluded that the earth was far older than 6 literal days, just by their expertise in the Hebrew translation of Genesis.

He then goes on with his own theory. As we all know, time is relative to such things as mass and speed etc. He reckoned that in each day in Genesis, time halves. Since the universe is around 15 billion years old, that means that day one was 8 billion years, day two was 4 billion years, day three was 2 billion years etc, etc. That puts day 5, the day when sea creatures roamed the oceans, right at the Cambrian explosion and also matches up with other scientific events.

In other words he defined the terms to fit the data. Nice trick! As they say "internally consistent", but not proven in any scientific way. Correlation does nor prove causation.

Not 'two,'.....'one.'

In other words he defined the terms to fit the data. Nice trick! As they say "internally consistent", but not proven in any scientific way. Correlation does nor prove causation.

No, he purposefully centers the book upon acient rabbinical works that were pre-modern science. The theory is but a brief deviation from that.

So the guys who wrote Genesis guessed that the seas came before the sea creatures?

Wow, what genius!!

What was their second guess? That all the sea creatures were formed, and then God created seas to put them in?

Amazing that you are even cognizant of the word 'genius,' itself.

Surely it has never been used in conjunction with your name.

BTW....the order stated in Genesis is seas- plants- abundant sea life.
And, sure enough, science found cyanobacteria remains some 3,600 million years old.
Cambrian sea life: 521 million years back.

I take it back....bet lots of folks refer to you as 'genius,' and 'Einstein.'
And, bet, you think them serious.

So you're claiming that a book written 6000 years ago predicted something that happened 3 billion years ago?

I bet I can predict who wins the 1967 Superbowl.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/scien...sis-science-against-all-odds.html#post6825144

Hey, I'm fine with that. I stand above your understanding of the word "predict" and giggle at your smarmy little self.

Get money, broomhilda.

It's good that you are 'fine' with the lack of learning...as you have no ability to change the situation.

Is it true your family crest has TV remote on it?

It's true that I'm in far better shape then you are. We each have a pic in our profile, one is much more slender and fit. The other? Mean, and smugly.

Now, you were saying about TV remotes?

Also, please don't talk about my family. Thanks in advance, young sleuth.

Predict.

<elle ohhh elle ohhh elle ohh elle>

End file.

Heck…you’re as handsome as the day you emerged from the Goldblum flychamber.

It's good that you are 'fine' with the lack of learning...as you have no ability to change the situation.

Is it true your family crest has TV remote on it?

It's true that I'm in far better shape then you are. We each have a pic in our profile, one is much more slender and fit. The other? Mean, and smugly.

Predict.

End file.

Heck&#8230;you&#8217;re as handsome as the day you emerged from the Goldblum flychamber.

You're as beautiful as an Eskimo that's been face-beaten with a Salmon.

Predict.

End file.

You know, I fully understand your need to focus on something as superficial as your looks....

....when one has nothing else going for 'em, certainly nothing in the intellectual realm....

...well, what's left, huh?

Looks are both ephemeral, and transitory....
...I suggest you work on what you do best: making fax and modem noises.

You know, I fully understand your need to focus on something as superficial as your looks....

....when one has nothing else going for 'em, certainly nothing in the intellectual realm....

...well, what's left, huh?

Looks are both ephemeral, and transitory....
...I suggest you work on what you do best: making fax and modem noises.

Hun, you brought up the TV remotes, implying I was lazy and slovenly. Ok?

Mmkay.

Just so we're clear.

Forum List

Back