General Video Game Discussion

blah.... bad day for pc-ing fo rme.......

skyrim looks like crap on the pc versions i have seen (2 of them, 1 with a set up comparable to uncensored) whereas on my sons xbox it looks amazing....... and the UI on the pc is horrible....... cant hotkey items and the mouse mapping is very frustrating........

assasians creed revelations was pushed back to 11/29 for the pc.. and my ultimate bundle preorder has been back ordered so far back that i just cancled the order........

la noire is somewhat fun, but it basically amounts to the same thing in every case.. and they make it so easy to tell between truth or doubt/lie it has become a joke.......... doubt i will even finish the game......

skyrim looks like crap on the pc versions i have seen (2 of them, 1 with a set up comparable to uncensored) whereas on my sons xbox it looks amazing....... and the UI on the pc is horrible....... cant hotkey items and the mouse mapping is very frustrating........

assasians creed revelations was pushed back to 11/29 for the pc.. and my ultimate bundle preorder has been back ordered so far back that i just cancled the order........

la noire is somewhat fun, but it basically amounts to the same thing in every case.. and they make it so easy to tell between truth or doubt/lie it has become a joke.......... doubt i will even finish the game......

Looks bad????

I'm really disappointed to hear that. This is supposed to be top notch. I see they pulled a Crytek and didn't build in DX11 support at launch.

The DX11 patch for Crysis 2 was night and day, perhaps Skyrim will get a patch?

Maybe not. Bummer, consoles are destroying gaming. It's getting stupid, too - PC's are the #1 platform for games.

Looks bad????

I'm really disappointed to hear that. This is supposed to be top notch. I see they pulled a Crytek and didn't build in DX11 support at launch.

The DX11 patch for Crysis 2 was night and day, perhaps Skyrim will get a patch?

Maybe not. Bummer, consoles are destroying gaming. It's getting stupid, too - PC's are the #1 platform for games.

since it renders off dx 9, i doubt a dx 11 patch would be much help........

i am sure there will eventually be an official patch and an unofficial patch........

but i doubt i will buy it at full price anytime soon.......

Last edited:

i am sure there will eventually be an official patch and an unofficial patch........

I mentioned that PC's are now the #1 platform for games, the reason they are is Steam. Steam to me means never paying full price for games!

I mentioned that PC's are now the #1 platform for games, the reason they are is Steam. Steam to me means never paying full price for games!

yeah, i buy almost all my games thru steam..... although i will still be buying my assasians creed form gamestop due to better bonus content......

Haven't used Steam or any of the others, I always purchase used or download at a quarter of the price via Amazon.
Currently enjoying Battlefield Bad Company 2, MOH Afghanistan, COD 3 and 4. I have some older games that still work on Win 7 that I still play, Blitzkrieg 1 & 2 and Combat Mission Africa Corp are a few of them.

Haven't used Steam or any of the others, I always purchase used or download at a quarter of the price via Amazon.
Currently enjoying Battlefield Bad Company 2, MOH Afghanistan, COD 3 and 4. I have some older games that still work on Win 7 that I still play, Blitzkrieg 1 & 2 and Combat Mission Africa Corp are a few of them.

I paid $5.99 for Bad Company 2. What did Amazon charge for it?

I love Steam sales....

I love Steam sales....

That was one I picked up for $2 at a community yard sale.

It seems like they actually made Skyrim for the consoles and ported it out to the PC instead of the other way around this time.

I love Steam sales....

That was one I picked up for $2 at a community yard sale.

I usually buy games used on amazon for like 30 bucks, beat the campaign, then resell them on amazon for 25-35 bucks :razz: People like me are why sony created the "online pass" for ten bucks.

I don't go with the latest and greatest, I wait until their considered old and well played then I buy them. Hell I just picked up all these games this year.

I was wondering if MW3 or Battlefield 3 is worth getting. I've been playing Reach and COD Black Ops, just picked up Arkam City.

MW3 is just like the last COD.

BF3 has a new physics engine.

Are you talking online or offline? Offline BF3 is way better for the campaign and has a pretty cool online co-op.

I haven't done either one online competetive yet but people I game with say MW3 is just like the last one with new maps/skins and BF3 kinda tried to satisfy the MW3 crowd a bit taking away a little of what battelfield usually is like......thats from a 3rd party though not from my own experience.

I like BF3 so far, on hard it is really really hard, 2 shots = dead :)

I was wondering if MW3 or Battlefield 3 is worth getting. I've been playing Reach and COD Black Ops, just picked up Arkam City.

Are you talking online or offline? Offline BF3 is way better for the campaign and has a pretty cool online co-op.

I haven't done either one online competetive yet but people I game with say MW3 is just like the last one with new maps/skins and BF3 kinda tried to satisfy the MW3 crowd a bit taking away a little of what battelfield usually is like......thats from a 3rd party though not from my own experience.

I don't play online. COD Black Ops has a decent multiplayer but Reach made their's inaccessable unless you have an XBOX online account, which pissed me off.

I don't play online. COD Black Ops has a decent multiplayer but Reach made their's inaccessable unless you have an XBOX online account, which pissed me off.

Then I can confidently reccomend BF3 over MW3!

This isn't me but I find it to be a pretty good review.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eHv5lKxPo0]BF3 Vs MW3. - YouTube[/ame]

What's really funny is that I think BF Bad Company 2 actually had a better single player campaign than MW 2. I liked the one in MW 2, but it was so SHORT, maybe 5 hours of play.

BF 3 has a brand new, DX11 engine for the PC and is very well designed.

MW 3 is a map pack with no improvements over MW 2 in the core game engine.

Forum List

Back