General Video Game Discussion

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuzaxlddWbk]Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - The Vet & The n00b - YouTube[/ame]

That advertisement is hillarious!

i am playing la noire right now... just came out on pc.....

ordered the ultimate bundle for assassians cread revelations

then will get skyrim after i finish those........

Did you see the video...graphics are great man.

Consoles are not capable of great graphics. There isn't a game out today that even matches 2006's Crysis for graphical detail.

It's kind of sad, consoles and an easy buck have killed high end graphics.

We got DX-9 from 1999 on ALL games now!

Standard Disclaimer: Shogun 2: Total War has gorgious DX-11 graphics - PC only of course. Dirt 2 has jaw dropping DX-11 visuals on the AMD sponsored version from Steam.

Pretty much everything else is just console crap.

I used to love space invaders, pong, and pac man :D

Couple of years ago I picked up an "Atari 2600 revisited." It was like $20 and has about 200 games in memory. It gets more play than the WII does when people come over. Amazing how Centipede and Space Invaders hold up. (The Pac Man on it is crap.)

Yeah you can't beat the old games sometimes.

I laugh at some of the kids that i run into online...they complain about things being too hard when the game saves their progress at every turn.

I am fond of saying "You should try beating a game before they had game saves, you would have to do the whole thing in one sitting"

I was playing the crap out of inFAMOUS 2 on the PS3 this weekend, the game is really good in my opinion.

any video game fans here?

I have a ps3 and enjoy the occasional gaming session :D. My latest game is Battlefield 1943. its fairly fun

I've also been playing Pixle Junk Monsters lately, great simple strategy game.

card.png

Been playing Oblivion and Call of Duty black ops. Both great games for the PS3. That and netflxing like crazy.

I used to love space invaders, pong, and pac man :D

Couple of years ago I picked up an "Atari 2600 revisited." It was like $20 and has about 200 games in memory. It gets more play than the WII does when people come over. Amazing how Centipede and Space Invaders hold up. (The Pac Man on it is crap.)

Yeah you can't beat the old games sometimes.

I laugh at some of the kids that i run into online...they complain about things being too hard when the game saves their progress at every turn.

I am fond of saying "You should try beating a game before they had game saves, you would have to do the whole thing in one sitting"

I was playing the crap out of inFAMOUS 2 on the PS3 this weekend, the game is really good in my opinion.

I use to love playing "Bandit Kings of Ancient China" on my Amiga.

I have a ps3 and enjoy the occasional gaming session :D. My latest game is Battlefield 1943. its fairly fun

card.png

Been playing Oblivion and Call of Duty black ops. Both great games for the PS3. That and netflxing like crazy.

Oblivion is awesome and part 5 of the Elder Scrolls Series is now out and looks even better than Oblivion.

Have you seen Skyrim at all yet?

Oblivion is awesome and part 5 of the Elder Scrolls Series is now out and looks even better than Oblivion.

I liked Oblivion and muddled through it. I hope they don't do the repetitive set up this time, though. About the 40th Oblivion gate was too much. I have to play through Witcher 2 before I dive into Skyrim. Though both were top notch games, I actually thought the Witcher was a better game than Oblivion.

Consoles are not capable of great graphics. There isn't a game out today that even matches 2006's Crysis for graphical detail.

Standard Disclaimer: Shogun 2: Total War has gorgious DX-11 graphics - PC only of course. Dirt 2 has jaw dropping DX-11 visuals on the AMD sponsored version from Steam.

Look at Uncharted 2 then get back to us.

Look at Uncharted 2 then get back to us.

Yeah I was thinking about a few games with really good graphics such as Battlefield3 and infamous 2.

I'm not hard to please, I thought mortal kombat had awesome graphics when it showed up at the arcade ;)

Yeah I was thinking about a few games with really good graphics such as Battlefield3 and infamous 2.

Battlefield 3 is a DX11 game on the PC, but it's going to be scaled down on consoles.

I'm not hard to please, I thought mortal kombat had awesome graphics when it showed up at the arcade ;)

This is my RIG:
XCLIO 2000 Black & Titanium Case
KingWin Gold Certified 80+ 1000 Watt PS
ASUS P8P67 Pro Motherboard
Intel Core I7 2600K @ 4.6 gHz
Corsair CWCH70 Hydro Series H70 CPU Liquid Cooler
CORSAIR Vengence 8GB
2 X Diamond Radeon 5870's In Crossfire
OCZ RevoDrive 80 GB PCIE SSD (540 MBps Read)
1TB WD Black Edition SATA 3 + 500 GB WD enhanced 32mb Cache SATA 2
Panasonic DVD
Windows 7 - 64 bit

I'm very hard to please, I want games that will push the hardware to the extreme. I've got a thousand dollars worth of video cards, I expect extreme results. :eusa_angel:

right now i've got a backlog like crazy.

have recently bought and yet to beat:

deadspace 2
resistance 3
ico & shadow of the colossus
batman: arkham city
uncharted 3
sonic generations

and then there's a plethora of downloaded games...

card.png

Not yet. But I will probably get it.

Forum List

Back