Gems From Paul Ryan's Speech

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. "For the last 14 years, I have proudly represented Wisconsin in Congress. There, I have focused on solving the problems that confront our country, and turning ideas into action; and action into solutions.

2. I am committed, in heart and mind, to putting that experience to work in a Romney Administration. This is a crucial moment in the life of our nation; and it is absolutely vital that we select the right man to lead America back to prosperity and greatness.

3. ...every generation of Americans leaves their children better off. That's the American legacy. Sadly, for the first time in our history, we are on a path which will undo that legacy.

4. It is our duty to save the American Dream for our children, and theirs.

5. President Obama ... in his first 2 years, with his party in complete control of Washington, he passed nearly every item on his agenda. But that didn’t make things better. In fact, we find ourselves in a nation facing debt, doubt and despair....Whatever the explanations, whatever the excuses, this is a record of failure.

6. I hear some people say that this is just "the new normal." High unemployment, declining incomes and crushing debt is not a new normal. It's the result of misguided policies.

7. We Americans look at one another's success with pride, not resentment, because we know, as more Americans work hard, take risks, and succeed, more people will prosper, our communities will benefit, and individual lives will be improved and uplifted.

8. But America is more than just a place...it's an idea. It's the only country founded on an idea. Our rights come from nature and God, not government. We promise equal opportunity, not equal outcomes.

9. This idea is founded on the principles of liberty, freedom, free enterprise, self-determination and government by consent of the governed.

10. We won't duck the tough issues...we will lead!
We won't blame others...we will take responsibility!
We won't replace our founding principles...we will reapply them!"
Ryan's Address: 'Our Rights Come from Nature and God, Not Government' | The Weekly Standard

Brought a tear to my eye....

1. "For the last 14 years, I have proudly represented Wisconsin in Congress. There, I have focused on solving the problems that confront our country, and turning ideas into action; and action into solutions.

2. I am committed, in heart and mind, to putting that experience to work in a Romney Administration. This is a crucial moment in the life of our nation; and it is absolutely vital that we select the right man to lead America back to prosperity and greatness.

3. ...every generation of Americans leaves their children better off. That's the American legacy. Sadly, for the first time in our history, we are on a path which will undo that legacy.

5. President Obama ... in his first 2 years, with his party in complete control of Washington, he passed nearly every item on his agenda. But that didn’t make things better. In fact, we find ourselves in a nation facing debt, doubt and despair....Whatever the explanations, whatever the excuses, this is a record of failure.

6. I hear some people say that this is just "the new normal." High unemployment, declining incomes and crushing debt is not a new normal. It's the result of misguided policies.

7. We Americans look at one another's success with pride, not resentment, because we know, as more Americans work hard, take risks, and succeed, more people will prosper, our communities will benefit, and individual lives will be improved and uplifted.

8. But America is more than just a place...it's an idea. It's the only country founded on an idea. Our rights come from nature and God, not government. We promise equal opportunity, not equal outcomes.

9. This idea is founded on the principles of liberty, freedom, free enterprise, self-determination and government by consent of the governed.

Ryan's Address: 'Our Rights Come from Nature and God, Not Government' | The Weekly Standard

My favorite line was, "We won't replace our founding principles...we will reapply them."

Wow, America is great, it is not hopeless, no apoligies, no divisive talk, let's unite, responsibility, pride, togetherness.

Very different, very encouraging.

His masters have an excellent speech writer.
It's enough to make some wave a flag(mental masturbation)

You'd think with a billion in camapign funds, Obama could get speech writers to focus on his economy instead of being negative.

The policies used historically in this country do not work and have never worked.

That's from obama.

He should have said, for the last 14 years, I've been in Congress. I've voted for 2 unfunded wars, 2 tax cuts not offset by spending cuts, and a huge unfunded expansion of Medicare.

That is how I got crowned the King of Fiscal Responsibility in the GOP.

That is why those of you who champion the insanity of doing something over and over again, while expecting different results,

should vote for ME!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
"...turning ideas into action; and action into solutions..."

Just for the record, what ideas exactly has Paul Ryan turned into action, and which of those actions, IF ANY,

have turned into solutions?

Can I see that list?

His masters have an excellent speech writer.
It's enough to make some wave a flag(mental masturbation)

You'd think with a billion in camapign funds, Obama could get speech writers to focus on his economy instead of being negative.

In fairness, we must consider the President's plight in that regard.

He is trying to get speechwriters who can draft comments about the economy that don't mention the economy.

I guess he never studied much history.

did he know about the great depression his party caused?

obama can't find speech writers who can fashion an argument that people today are better off than they were four years ago.

Just for the record, what ideas exactly has Paul Ryan turned into action, and which of those actions, IF ANY,

Can I see that list?

After the Senate gets converted to a GOP majority, you will, Carbuncle.

You will.

So your answer is none? You are correct sir!!!!!!!

btw. Ryan was in the House when Bush was president and the Senate WAS Republican,

YOU IDIOT.

Last edited:

Can I see that list?

After the Senate gets converted to a GOP majority, you will, Carbuncle.

You will.

So you're answer is none? You are correct sir!!!!!!!

btw. Ryan was in the House when Bush was president and the Senate WAS Republican,

YOU IDIOT.

Carbuncle, you moron, the reference was to the Ryan budget plan which the HOUSE passed but which the fucking Dim controlled Senate (of course) stupidly defeated in the Obama years, not the Booosh years. Despite the clarion call of the hapless ineffective failed incumbent, it is not the case that it's all Booooosh's fault, you imbecile.

And when the Dims lose their control of the Senate in President Romney's first term, things will change.

So, yes. I am correct. And, as always, you aren't just wrong, but massively wrong, petty, ignorant, dishonest and dull-minded.

Forum List

Back