Gems From Paul Ryan's Speech

1. "For the last 14 years, I have proudly represented Wisconsin in Congress. There, I have focused on solving the problems that confront our country, and turning ideas into action; and action into solutions.

2. I am committed, in heart and mind, to putting that experience to work in a Romney Administration. This is a crucial moment in the life of our nation; and it is absolutely vital that we select the right man to lead America back to prosperity and greatness.

3. ...every generation of Americans leaves their children better off. That's the American legacy. Sadly, for the first time in our history, we are on a path which will undo that legacy.

4. It is our duty to save the American Dream for our children, and theirs.

5. President Obama ... in his first 2 years, with his party in complete control of Washington, he passed nearly every item on his agenda. But that didn’t make things better. In fact, we find ourselves in a nation facing debt, doubt and despair....Whatever the explanations, whatever the excuses, this is a record of failure.

6. I hear some people say that this is just "the new normal." High unemployment, declining incomes and crushing debt is not a new normal. It's the result of misguided policies.

7. We Americans look at one another's success with pride, not resentment, because we know, as more Americans work hard, take risks, and succeed, more people will prosper, our communities will benefit, and individual lives will be improved and uplifted.

8. But America is more than just a place...it's an idea. It's the only country founded on an idea. Our rights come from nature and God, not government. We promise equal opportunity, not equal outcomes.

9. This idea is founded on the principles of liberty, freedom, free enterprise, self-determination and government by consent of the governed.

10. We won't duck the tough issues...we will lead!
We won't blame others...we will take responsibility!
We won't replace our founding principles...we will reapply them!"
Ryan's Address: 'Our Rights Come from Nature and God, Not Government' | The Weekly Standard

Brought a tear to my eye....

3. ...every generation of Americans leaves their children better off. That's the American legacy. Sadly, for the first time in our history, we are on a path which will undo that legacy.

I guess he never studied much history.

did he know about the great depression his party caused?

Ms. Truthie...

...you mean you didn't realize that FDR's arbitrary and capricious policies turned a normal recession into 'The Great Depression'???

Would you like me to recommend some books?

Yours, truly....

1. "For the last 14 years, I have proudly represented Wisconsin in Congress. There, I have focused on solving the problems that confront our country, and turning ideas into action; and action into solutions.

He should have said, for the last 14 years, I've been in Congress. I've voted for 2 unfunded wars, 2 tax cuts not offset by spending cuts, and a huge unfunded expansion of Medicare.

That is how I got crowned the King of Fiscal Responsibility in the GOP.

That is why those of you who champion the insanity of doing something over and over again, while expecting different results,

should vote for ME!!!!!!!!!

:eusa_shhh:

Funding wars even if they are unfunded is OK per Ryan. Doesn't matter that they sucked up more than 10 of the programs he wants to cut in his budget plan. War is necessary! Safety nets are not, you ignorant no-nothing peons!:mad:

Paul Ryan, "But America is more than just a place...it's an idea. It's the only country founded on an idea. Our rights come from nature and God, not government. We promise equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"

After the Senate gets converted to a GOP majority, you will, Carbuncle.

You will.

So you're answer is none? You are correct sir!!!!!!!

btw. Ryan was in the House when Bush was president and the Senate WAS Republican,

YOU IDIOT.

Carbuncle, you moron, the reference was to the Ryan budget plan which the HOUSE passed but which the fucking Dim controlled Senate (of course) stupidly defeated in the Obama years, not the Booosh years. Despite the clarion call of the hapless ineffective failed incumbent, it is not the case that it's all Booooosh's fault, you imbecile.

And when the Dims lose their control of the Senate in President Romney's first term, things will change.

So, yes. I am correct. And, as always, you aren't just wrong, but massively wrong, petty, ignorant, dishonest and dull-minded.

"For the last 14 years, I have proudly represented Wisconsin in Congress. There, I have focused on solving the problems that confront our country, and turning ideas into action; and action into solutions."

There, can you read it NOW??????

What ACTIONS has Paul Ryan taken in the last 14 years that have led to SOLUTIONS????

List them, or admit he is full of shit.

Paul Ryan's record is one of sadly comical fiscal irresponsibility brought on mostly by his dutiful toeing of the Bush/Cheney warmonger-deficits-don't-matter line,

and it has only been since he got to become a dutiful toe-er of the anti-Obama line that he magically morphed into a fiscal conservative.

In reality, that makes him nothing more than a garden variety Washington establishment Republican legislator.

I think we've seen enough of the consequences of giving that lot too much power.

btw. Ryan was in the House when Bush was president and the Senate WAS Republican,

YOU IDIOT.

Carbuncle, you moron, the reference was to the Ryan budget plan which the HOUSE passed but which the fucking Dim controlled Senate (of course) stupidly defeated in the Obama years, not the Booosh years. Despite the clarion call of the hapless ineffective failed incumbent, it is not the case that it's all Booooosh's fault, you imbecile.

And when the Dims lose their control of the Senate in President Romney's first term, things will change.

So, yes. I am correct. And, as always, you aren't just wrong, but massively wrong, petty, ignorant, dishonest and dull-minded.

"For the last 14 years, I have proudly represented Wisconsin in Congress. There, I have focused on solving the problems that confront our country, and turning ideas into action; and action into solutions."

What ACTIONS has Paul Ryan taken in the last 14 years that have led to SOLUTIONS????

Try to focus you total imbecile.

HE is largely responsible for the budget bill which the HOUSE passed. He can hardly be responsible for the abject irresponsibility of the Dim controlled Senate.

Now, tell me what budgets the Dem controlled Congress passed before the GOP reclaimed the House.

:eusa_whistle:

2. I am committed, in heart and mind, to putting that experience to work in a Romney Administration. This is a crucial moment in the life of our nation; and it is absolutely vital that we select the right man to lead America back to prosperity and greatness.

4. It is our duty to save the American Dream for our children, and theirs.

5. President Obama ... in his first 2 years, with his party in complete control of Washington, he passed nearly every item on his agenda. But that didn’t make things better. In fact, we find ourselves in a nation facing debt, doubt and despair....Whatever the explanations, whatever the excuses, this is a record of failure.

6. I hear some people say that this is just "the new normal." High unemployment, declining incomes and crushing debt is not a new normal. It's the result of misguided policies.

7. We Americans look at one another's success with pride, not resentment, because we know, as more Americans work hard, take risks, and succeed, more people will prosper, our communities will benefit, and individual lives will be improved and uplifted.

8. But America is more than just a place...it's an idea. It's the only country founded on an idea. Our rights come from nature and God, not government. We promise equal opportunity, not equal outcomes.

9. This idea is founded on the principles of liberty, freedom, free enterprise, self-determination and government by consent of the governed.

10. We won't duck the tough issues...we will lead!
We won't blame others...we will take responsibility!
We won't replace our founding principles...we will reapply them!"
Ryan's Address: 'Our Rights Come from Nature and God, Not Government' | The Weekly Standard

Brought a tear to my eye....

My favorite line was, "We won't replace our founding principles...we will reapply them."

The differences in this election could not be more clear.

1. "When Barack Obama promised to “fundamentally transform the United States” we could not have anticipated the extreme transformations he would seek. The evidence is rolling in that he is determined to transform America into a totally secular land where religion is permitted only within the walls of a church, but is banned in every public place, public gathering and public school."
When Barack Obama promised to “fundamentally transform the United States” we could not have anticipated the extreme transformations he would seek. The evidence is rolling in that he is determined to transform America into a totally secular land where religion is permitted only within the walls of a church, but is banned in every public place, public gathering and public school."
One Nation Under Government

2. "Who does President Barack Obama think he is that he can change the wording of the Declaration of Independence? Again and again he presumes to quote the great declaration while making a significant change: He omits the word "Creator."

Americans know that the Declaration of Independence proclaims as a matter of fact that they "are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights." But when Obama recites this line, he omits the word "Creator."
Obama Censors the Declaration of Independence by Phyllis Schlafly on Creators.com - A Syndicate Of Talent

But Paul Ryan sets the record straight:

"But America is more than just a place...it's an idea. It's the only country founded on an idea. Our rights come from nature and God, not government. We promise equal opportunity, not equal outcomes."

His masters have an excellent speech writer.
It's enough to make some wave a flag(mental masturbation)

Thanks for your opinion, what does telepromter Obama have if not speech writers. The only thing we know for real is that he can read.

He is adept at reciting other people's words -- just words.

Come on give him some credit he learned how to apply rules for radicals to become the ultimate community organizer

Thanks for your opinion, what does telepromter Obama have if not speech writers. The only thing we know for real is that he can read.

He is adept at reciting other people's words -- just words.

Come on give him some credit he learned how to apply rules for radicals to become the ultimate community organizer

1. Perhaps the most influential of the 20th century radicals was Saul Alinsky. Alinsky drew a sharp distinction between the meek, garden-variety liberals, and the brave, revolutionary radicals: “Conservative interests know that while Liberals are most adept at breaking their own necks with their tongues, Radicals are most adept at breaking the necks of Conservatives.”
Saul D. Alinsky Quotes (Author of Rules for Radicals)

a. Alinsky, echoing Lenin, justifies almost any immoral act, especially dishonesty and hypocrisy: “…a true community organizer "does not have a fixed truth truth to him is relative and changing; everything to him is relative and changing. He is a political relativist.”
Is there a Saul Alinsky Portrait in the White House?

YOU IDIOT.

Apparently the answer is NONE.

Paul Ryan was one more Bush/Cheney rubberstamp for eight years and he's one more reason if you elect Romney/Ryan you effectively put Bush/Cheney back in power.

Apparently the answer is NONE.

Paul Ryan was one more Bush/Cheney rubberstamp for eight years and he's one more reason if you elect Romney/Ryan you effectively put Bush/Cheney back in power.

Putting Bush/Cheney back into power would be MASSIVELY superior to leaving Obama/Biden in charge.

But your faux analysis is still -- you know -- faux.

Forum List

Back