Geezus.....worried about climate? Forget it..... micro-plastics far more dangerous

This will get us long before climate does.

I've been following this theme for the past year. It's a subtle health catastrophe far worse and far more immediate that CO2 ppm.
From the article:"Though we need to track this, there is still no direct evidence that microplastics in cells lead to untoward health outcomes,"

Also from reading the article and looking at the pictures, it is obvious, the particles shown are not micro particles, at all, some pieces easily 3/16"+ in length and 1/8" wide and sharp. I would easily see these in any of the bottled water, I drink from or in the bottom of any glass of tap water.

Well the good news is that cow farts are at their lowest levels since 2012. ;)

Nevermind it was because of herd reductions due to high feed, fuel, and fertilizer costs.

From the article:"Though we need to track this, there is still no direct evidence that microplastics in cells lead to untoward health outcomes,"

Also from reading the article and looking at the pictures, it is obvious, the particles shown are not micro particles, at all, some pieces easily 3/16"+ in length and 1/8" wide and sharp. I would easily see these in any of the bottled water, I drink from or in the bottom of any glass of tap water.
The number of articles at a tying microplastics to a variety of health problems and human beings and also in sea animals. I'm sure there are other articles that are not quite as alarming but if you stop to think about it for a minute that kind of penetration into the body especially into some of the vital organs like liver, kidney or brain simply cannot be good.

The number of articles at a tying microplastics to a variety of health problems and human beings and also in sea animals. I'm sure there are other articles that are not quite as alarming but if you stop to think about it for a minute that kind of penetration into the body especially into some of the vital organs like liver, kidney or brain simply cannot be good.
True, and to tell the truth, I have seen this or an article like this a month or two ago or more. I also think they showed a similar alarming picture, and yes, I did mention to PJ, explaining what I had read, and asking should we be chugging down so much bottle water. If there are actually micro particles of nano-plastics in my Aqaufina from Sam's Club, it would be disquieting. I remember seeing picture of the particles, but do not remember whether it was naked eye/magnifying glass or a significantly high-powered microscope. I suspect maybe the latter, as it jumped out at me the OP linked article.

OK, so here is where I am on the danger to me. I plan to act as if it is negligible danger.

Lets face it. I did drugs that were supposed kill me and did not. I have drank southern illegal moonshine out of cleaned out plastic milk jugs. I have drank water (intentionally or unintentional) from everywhere from mountain streams to swamps (treating when I could), even drinking from streams that ran through military bases, figuring I was probably a couple of km away where some private was pissing in the stream or worse. Running out of water in my canteen, I have literally parted green scum on top of remaining water in a tank track and drank, knowing in 90+ degrees it was safer to drink the undoubtedly bad water in the field, taking my chances on fuel, or microbes, or possible chemicals in water known to be considered non-potable and lived to get back to base, instead of going into heat prostration or heat stroke, figuring if I got sick in a few hours, but made it back, the medics or hospital would get me through, and I was correct.

At almost 70, I am pretty sure nano-plastics from bottled water, plastic straws, throwaway fountain drinks, etc are not what will do me in at my age. So, I figure I will continue on as I have, even since plastics were said to be a danger to me. But, that is just me.:dunno:

So we need to fear micro-plastics more than CO2? I never thought the crazies would admit there's something out there worse than CO2.

Well the good news is that cow farts are at their lowest levels since 2012. ;)

Nevermind it was because of herd reductions due to high feed, fuel, and fertilizer costs.

Cows belches dammit ... it's cow belches that contain methane ...

Why? ... we all have micro-plastics inside our cells ... pieces are smell enough to fit inside? ... with the amount of plastic strewn about it's fair to say everyone has plastic bits inside all our cells ... everything ...

Is this better or worse than putting mercury in infant immunizations? ... or feeding ivermectin to the chickens you eat? ...

Ah... fashionable frets...

... every month a new thing for people to worry about.

How adorable.

Why? ... we all have micro-plastics inside our cells ... pieces are smell enough to fit inside? ... with the amount of plastic strewn about it's fair to say everyone has plastic bits inside all our cells ... everything ...

Is this better or worse than putting mercury in infant immunizations? ... or feeding ivermectin to the chickens you eat? ...

I'm not sure if it's better or worse but I'm pretty sure it's not good. Apparently it affects metabolism and hormonal balance negatively.

How adorable.

And the sand-castle virtues are all swept away in
The tidal destruction, the moral melee
The elastic retreat rings the close of play
As the last wave uncovers the newfangled way

But your new shoes are worn at the heels and
Your suntan does rapidly peel and
Your wise men don't know how it feels
To be thick as a brick

How adorable.
We do seem to have a long list of worries don't we? I know something about microplastics before this but I wasn't aware of the fact that we have all been penetrated by them to the extent that they can be found in every one of our organs. As of yet studies are ongoing to determine exactly what they do to us once they are there.

I wasn't aware of the fact that we have all been penetrated

You typically don't discover the full effects of penetration until weeks after it occurs...

... unless the remorse sets in the morning.

I'm not sure if it's better or worse but I'm pretty sure it's not good. Apparently it affects metabolism and hormonal balance negatively.

What do you mean "apparently" ... if plastic don't decay outside the cell, why would it decay inside the cell ... if anything it's digestible ... torn asunder and remade into chemicals we use and need ... just how different is a plastic chain to DNA? ...

The plastic is there NOW ... show us "health effects" ... or is this more Mass Hysteria? ... creating fear where there is nothing to fear ... like in Orwell's 1984 ...

This will get us long before climate does.

I've been following this theme for the past year. It's a subtle health catastrophe far worse and far more immediate that CO2 ppm.
Climate change is already killing millions, and as it worsens, it is going to cause refugees from many parts of the world. In the meantime, we all eat a credit card a week in plastic.

What do you mean "apparently" ... if plastic don't decay outside the cell, why would it decay inside the cell ... if anything it's digestible ... torn asunder and remade into chemicals we use and need ... just how different is a plastic chain to DNA? ...
What are you smoking?

Forum List

Back