Gee, Christie; when WILL you learn

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
New Jersey Governor Chris Christie’s bid to raise money nationwide for Republicans as he considers a presidential run is forcing him to divulge details on out-of- state trips that he had previously kept secret.

Christie, 49, has made at least 35 political appearances outside New Jersey since he took office in January 2010, according to a review of his public schedule, published reports and Republican State Committee finance records filed with the New Jersey Election Law Enforcement Commission.

Those trips became a political issue after Christie’s June attendance at a private Colorado gathering hosted by the Tea- Party-backing Koch brothers came to light. Christie, who pledged a “new era of transparency” in his inaugural address, didn’t notify the public or legislative leaders that he left the state that day. New Jersey has no formal notification process for when a governor travels.

“The governor needs to recognize that he has a responsibility to the people of New Jersey to at least assure for the orderly transfer of power if he does decide to leave the state,” said state Senator Loretta Weinberg, a Democrat from Teaneck who ran unsuccessfully for lieutenant governor as Jon Corzine’s running mate in the 2009 election won by Christie.

Somebody give me the last piece of the puzzle.

Why are these meetings so secretive? Hmmm?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...ew-jersey-governor-seeks-cash-nationwide.html

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie’s bid to raise money nationwide for Republicans as he considers a presidential run is forcing him to divulge details on out-of- state trips that he had previously kept secret.

Christie, 49, has made at least 35 political appearances outside New Jersey since he took office in January 2010, according to a review of his public schedule, published reports and Republican State Committee finance records filed with the New Jersey Election Law Enforcement Commission.

Those trips became a political issue after Christie’s June attendance at a private Colorado gathering hosted by the Tea- Party-backing Koch brothers came to light. Christie, who pledged a “new era of transparency” in his inaugural address, didn’t notify the public or legislative leaders that he left the state that day. New Jersey has no formal notification process for when a governor travels.

“The governor needs to recognize that he has a responsibility to the people of New Jersey to at least assure for the orderly transfer of power if he does decide to leave the state,” said state Senator Loretta Weinberg, a Democrat from Teaneck who ran unsuccessfully for lieutenant governor as Jon Corzine’s running mate in the 2009 election won by Christie.

Christie Comes Clean on Trips as N.J. Governor Seeks Donations - Bloomberg
Yet you do not have a problem with obamaturds records and his campaign contributions being secret do you? Idiot.

what part of public, as in public schedule, do you find baffling?

• Banned

What part of “The governor needs to recognize that he has a responsibility to the people of New Jersey to at least assure for the orderly transfer of power if he does decide to leave the state,” do YOU find baffling - and again. What's with all the secrecy?? They are the leaders of the free world. What is with these Koch meetings. The press is not welcome. What's up with that.

What part of “The governor needs to recognize that he has a responsibility to the people of New Jersey to at least assure for the orderly transfer of power if he does decide to leave the state,” do YOU find baffling - and again. What's with all the secrecy?? They are the leaders of the free world. What is with these Koch meetings. The press is not welcome. What's up with that.

if it's on his public schedule, how is it a secret?

if NJ has no formal mechanism for notifying other members of govt, how is there proof that he didn't?

weinberg lost to him in 2009, and there's clearly something personal between the two of them, at least that's how it's presented in the article. you'll forgive me if i find it difficult to take a butthurt politician at their word.

the press has no right to be at a private meeting, and if the governor of nj is a *leader of the free world*, i'm the pope.

try the decaf :cool:

• Banned
The New Jersey Republican committee paid $63,000 for a chartered jet to fly Christie to a closed-door seminar June 26 near Vail, Colorado, public election records show. The event was sponsored by David andCharles Koch, the billionaire oilmen, and Christie’s participation became public only when the magazine Mother Jones posted a secret recording of his speech to its website Sept. 7.

From the same article. If it's all so public, why did nobody know until MJ ran the story three months later.

• Banned

if NJ has no formal mechanism for notifying other members of govt, how is there proof that he didn't?

weinberg lost to him in 2009, and there's clearly something personal between the two of them, at least that's how it's presented in the article. you'll forgive me if i find it difficult to take a butthurt politician at their word.

the press has no right to be at a private meeting, and if the governor of nj is a *leader of the free world*, i'm the pope.

I was talking about the rest of the Republicans who attended that meeting. Senators, Representatives. And how DARE you threaten me with decaf. Ye bastard. I don't care if you are a mod.

:eusa_hand:

I was talking about the rest of the Republicans who attended that meeting. Senators, Representatives. And how DARE you threaten me with decaf. Ye bastard. I don't care if you are a mod.

a suggestion is not a threat, and a senator isn't a leader of the free world.

we've got a lovely hazelnut that i suspect you'll have an affinity for. :thup:

Flavor doesn't matter when it comes to caffeine IV's, but I appreciate the offer.

You're right. Also, still digging. I can't find the articles that originally said all manner of things other than what I'm finding now. NOW, all I'm finding is Governors. Perry and Christie among them.

Just so I'm clear. The problem is that he didn't let the correct authorities know he was leaving the state (for whatever reason). I could see how that might be a security problem in case, perish the thought, that he got hurt.

Whether that needs to be "public" or not seems a non-issue to me. And "secret meetings"? Since when does a private meeting become a "secret" meeting? Is there magic language involved or just when it pisses someone off?

(BTW, I could never drink decaf. EVER.)

On close inspection every person who runs or thinks of running for the GOP spot will have trash in their backgrounds.

Its the only way to get elected and be a republican

It's typical idiot leftist over-dramatizaton.... even the fucking janitors are 'leaders of the free world'... might be an idea to let the rest of the free world decide for themselves who their leaders are. :lol:

On close inspection every person who runs or thinks of running for the GOP spot will have trash in their backgrounds.

Its the only way to get elected and be a republican

Why do you always insist on injecting stupidity?

It just comes natural doesnt it?

South Carolina just moved their primary up to Jan 21st. These states are making it harder for Christie to get his act together and have time to campaign. Some states are threatening to have their primary in December.

Just so I'm clear. The problem is that he didn't let the correct authorities know he was leaving the state (for whatever reason). I could see how that might be a security problem in case, perish the thought, that he got hurt.

Whether that needs to be "public" or not seems a non-issue to me. And "secret meetings"? Since when does a private meeting become a "secret" meeting? Is there magic language involved or just when it pisses someone off?

I think it's when public representatives of "we the people" attend meetings that nobody knows about, and the press isn't welcome. I'm pretty sure that's the criteria.

I think it's when public representatives of "we the people" attend meetings that nobody knows about, and the press isn't welcome. I'm pretty sure that's the criteria.

Yes maybe they should have locked the press in the closet and followed the democrat lead. Right?

Forum List

Back