Gaza towards self-suffiency?

The people who believe in "a state" are mostly old people who also believe in Oslo. They usually hang around Ramallah. Fatah and the PLO dominate this group. They believe that if they surrender to Israel then Israel will allow them to have "a state."

Then there is the "rights" group. They are mostly young. They believe in the right to freedom, the right to justice, and the right to return. They think Oslo is bad and that negotiations with Israel is a waste of time. Surrendering to Israel is out of the question.

"A state" according to what Israel wants is of no interest to them.

What you call "surrender", I call compromise. Israel would also be compromising by giving up their ancient historical heartland in the West Bank. With neither side willing to compromise and calling any concession a "surrender", there will never be peace in that region. Also, you call it a "theory", which means that you think of the situation in philosophical abstract terms. It's like a friend of mine said, "Jews in America are willing to fight to the last Israeli, and Arabs in America are willing to fight to the last Palestinian--all in the comfort of their armchairs." These are people's lives we're dealing with. You also deny the fact that Israel proper even exists, because they philosophically have no borders. That's not the reality of the situation. If the Palestinians continue with extreme, unrealistic positions, they're the ones losing out in the end. Israel has the upper hand, and holds all the cards--politically, militarily, and economically. If you have any real-life Palestinian friends, then you're not doing them any favors.

What you call "surrender", I call compromise. Israel would also be compromising by giving up their ancient historical heartland in the West Bank. With neither side willing to compromise and calling any concession a "surrender", there will never be peace in that region. Also, you call it a "theory", which means that you think of the situation in philosophical abstract terms. It's like a friend of mine said, "Jews in America are willing to fight to the last Israeli, and Arabs in America are willing to fight to the last Palestinian--all in the comfort of their armchairs." These are people's lives we're dealing with. You also deny the fact that Israel proper even exists, because they philosophically have no borders. That's not the reality of the situation. If the Palestinians continue with extreme, unrealistic positions, they're the ones losing out in the end. Israel has the upper hand, and holds all the cards--politically, militarily, and economically. If you have any real-life Palestinian friends, then you're not doing them any favors.

Israel has the upper hand, and holds all the cards--politically, militarily, and economically.

And the Palestinians hold the legal and moral high ground.

In another section of this vast empty expanse is the “fruit garden”: carefully landscaped donums of a variety of fruit trees, marked with signs by each row, such as mangoes, citrus, apples, and stone fruits. Gaza now relies heavily on imported fruits from Israel, as tens of thousands of its own trees were razed to the ground during the second Intifada, and most recently during Cast Lead. “We hope within 3 years, for these trees to begin to bear fruit, and within 5, for the olives and dates to become productive,” explained my guide.
We knew that all "starving Gazabad" stories are drivel, of course.

That is one area where Gaza is better. The West Bank has no Arab neighbors. The only way in or out is to go through Israel.

Jordan is a neighbor of the West Bank.

Only after going through Israeli checkpoints.

And Jordanian and even "Palestinian" checkpoints. In most cases I consider omission of facts to be a legitimate propaganda ploy (and all here are propagandists).
In this case it is just outright lying, TinHorn.
Jordan, like Egypt, could make crossing much easier but they choose to restrict their "Palestinian" brethren.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...nYGwBQ&usg=AFQjCNGWxxd9M0n03ReovWB8yOLrBcYIoA

Jordan is a neighbor of the West Bank.

Only after going through Israeli checkpoints.

And Jordanian and even "Palestinian" checkpoints. In most cases I consider omission of facts to be a legitimate propaganda ploy (and all here are propagandists).
In this case it is just outright lying, TinHorn.
Jordan, like Egypt, could make crossing much easier but they choose to restrict their "Palestinian" brethren.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...nYGwBQ&usg=AFQjCNGWxxd9M0n03ReovWB8yOLrBcYIoA

do not aggravate tinnie--------now---I AM STILL TAKING BETS how long do any of you out there give the egyptians before they start putting bullets in the heads of Gazans trying to SNEAK into egypt?

Forum List

Back