Gays

Dont bother with the recall, just vote him out next time he is up for relection he cant have to wait too long for it.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
I am going to have to disagree with you on this one. Immoral men and women have tried to eliminate morality for the last 6000 years. Yet Morality always exists. Marriage will always have a base to protect it. Religion. Contrary to popular belief religion in America is actually growing. And Those who admit God's hands in all things realize that marriage has a specific purpose and will defend it from those who try to pervert its purpose.

First of all, which God? there have been many throughout history, and will doubtless be many more in the future.

Much some of y'all would like to deny it, morality is the product of human perception and cognition. Thus it is bound by the same limitations as human perception and cognition.

And history has shown us that those societies (and individuals) most loudly proclaiming their religious virtue are the most decadent. Religion, and I take it you mean a perverted form of Christianity, may be growing in America, but it's growing in the same way fast-lube and Starbuck's are growing...like rank weeds. The true measure of one's morality is in walking the talk. Anyone can spout the scripture they here or read, but can they live it? Can they truly walk in Jesus' shoes? Few can, it is too demanding. This is why the cheap populism of the televangelists and their prosperity theology appeals to so many. It is easy, it asks nothing difficult of its adherents...just that they follow blindly, they don't even have to think.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
First of all, which God? there have been many throughout history, and will doubtless be many more in the future.

Much some of y'all would like to deny it, morality is the product of human perception and cognition. Thus it is bound by the same limitations as human perception and cognition.

And history has shown us that those societies (and individuals) most loudly proclaiming their religious virtue are the most decadent. Religion, and I take it you mean a perverted form of Christianity, may be growing in America, but it's growing in the same way fast-lube and Starbuck's are growing...like rank weeds. The true measure of one's morality is in walking the talk. Anyone can spout the scripture they here or read, but can they live it? Can they truly walk in Jesus' shoes? Few can, it is too demanding. This is why the cheap populism of the televangelists and their prosperity theology appeals to so many. It is easy, it asks nothing difficult of its adherents...just that they follow blindly, they don't even have to think.

Enough of your blabber. I'll say it easier - America does not want gay marriages.

Originally posted by jimnyc
Enough of your blabber. I'll say it easier - America does not want gay marriages.

Why not?

A purely rhetorical question as I know that no reasonable answer will be posted by anyone opposed to same-gender marriages.

Why not?

A purely rhetorical question as I know that no reasonable answer will be posted by anyone opposed to same-gender marriages.

Because it's an insult to every married person and every straight person that plans on marrying.

You've yet to pose on reasonable reason why marrige should be changed after 2000 years. I don't need a reason to want to keep it the way it always was.

Why not?

Actually, you haven't provided one reasonable answer to any of the questions that I've posed so why do you think you should get one.

There is no logical reason to allow homosexual marriage. Not one. I see no reason to change the status quo for the majority of this country who give a darn about marriage for the select few who don't even care about it in the first place but are only using it as a tool to gain social acceptance for their perverted behavior.

Because it's an insult to every married person and every straight person that plans on marrying.

You've yet to pose on reasonable reason why marrige should be changed after 2000 years. I don't need a reason to want to keep it the way it always was.

Just becaus a thing is traditional doesn't make it absolute.

As to why same-gender marriages shouldn't be permitted, there is no valid reson to prohibit them. There is no verifiable harm to the individuals involved, nor to society at large.

There is no more reason for the laws barring the practice than there were for the miscegenation laws that were finally overturned in the 1960's. The same arguments used to justify those laws are the same ones used to justify the ill-concieved "Defensen of Marriage" acts that have been passed around the country. And those arguments don't hold any more water now that they did then.

Just becaus a thing is traditional doesn't make it absolute.

As to why same-gender marriages shouldn't be permitted, there is no valid reson to prohibit them. There is no verifiable harm to the individuals involved, nor to society at large.

There is no more reason for the laws barring the practice than there were for the miscegenation laws that were finally overturned in the 1960's. The same arguments used to justify those laws are the same ones used to justify the ill-concieved "Defensen of Marriage" acts that have been passed around the country. And those arguments don't hold any more water now that they did then.

Something doesn't need to be harmful to be bad for society. It's vile and disgusting and normal people don't want to be linked to it.

Walking the streets naked isn't harmful either, why is that pretty much outlawed everywhere?

Something doesn't need to be harmful to be bad for society. It's vile and disgusting and normal people don't want to be linked to it.

Walking the streets naked isn't harmful either, why is that pretty much outlawed everywhere?

Sorry, but most of the gays and lesbians I've known and worked with have been as normal as anyone I've ever met. Kind, generous, decent....Not what I'd call perverts at all. Of course there were a few into the B&D scene, but you'll find that amongst the breeders too.

Walking the streets naked is outlawed because too many men locked into an adolescent mindset would crash their cars into other cars, telephone poles, people, etc. as they ogle naked women walking down the street. So yes, walking naked down the street could cause injury to others. ;)

Sorry, but most of the gays and lesbians I've known and worked with have been as normal as anyone I've ever met. Kind, generous, decent....Not what I'd call perverts at all. Of course there were a few into the B&D scene, but you'll find that amongst the breeders too.

Walking the streets naked is outlawed because too many men locked into an adolescent mindset would crash their cars into other cars, telephone poles, people, etc. as they ogle naked women walking down the street. So yes, walking naked down the street could cause injury to others. ;)

And gay marriages will likely increase the amount of murders and suicides.

I'd rather give the linemen knives for the second-half of a football game. We could see some real carnage then!

Ok, now that I can agree with, that would be great! Ocassionally you have an original thought!

Originally posted by Moi

There is no logical reason to allow homosexual marriage. Not one. I see no reason to change the status quo for the majority of this country who give a darn about marriage for the select few who don't even care about it in the first place but are only using it as a tool to gain social acceptance for their perverted behavior.

No ;ogical reason to allow gay marriage? how about equal protection under the law, you know, that little phrase in the constitution.

The status quo in america is an UNBELIEVABLY high divorce rate.

tell me why being gay is wrong?

And gay marriages will likely increase the amount of murders and suicides.

where the hell is your proof for that? None!!

Forum List

Back