Gays Speak Against Gays Adopting, Politics Not Reported.

Met gays like that before online, most I met were self-hating and hated other gays that supported same-sex marriage or adoption. Their argument either is a religious cop out*, or that 'marriage shouldn't be a state institution'. Problem with the later is that the argument logically follows that ending marriage as a state institution would mean the end of heterosexual marriage - but they get all angry when you point out that their argument is flawed.

*Basically they ignore the fact that if they follow the premise that same-sex partnerships are sinful, that they are committing a sin every time they have sex.

Whassa matter, couldn't actually find two? Out of millions of gay people, you found one that doesn't want to get married. Guess that clinches it eh?
Only a complete moron would read only the headline and then make an assumption, that there is only one Gay man in the whole world that opposes seaswitch's, view.

Seawswytch, this an example of how seaswytch has an extreme ignorance of this subject. A very shallow understanding, seawytch see's one article, so there us only 1. If there are 2 gay people opposed to same-sex marriage, that will now have to be proved scientifically by government dictated and accredited scholars. Anything less will be denigrated.

Hence policy is dictated to the American people, if I disagree the will take my words and twist and lie about me, they will call me a racist, a bigot, the will say I hate gay people, as because of what I am, others should have the privilege of marriage.

Seawytch, at best your ideology is shallow, you repeatedly post things you do not read, in this case the author states there are many gay people who testify to the same vjew, marriage is a unique relationship, period.

Just as oranges are not lemons, a man and a man will never be the same thing as a man and a woman.

To call them the same is simply stupidity, care to buy my lemons, here is an orange, they are equal, the government can dictate such.

So post some more. For every one gay you find opposed to marriage equality, I can find thousands for it.

Do you really think we won't get it 'cause one guy doesn't want to be married? Put down the crack pipe and jump on the train. Gay marriage has arrived!

(And we're adopting your throw away kids too) :lol:

This thread fails as a hasty generalization fallacy.
How so?
"A hasty generalisation draws a general rule from a single, perhaps atypical, case."

Logical Fallacies Hasty Generalisation Fallacy

In this case a small number of gay persons opposed to allowing same-sex couples access to marriage law is not representative of all gay Americans, nor is the 'evidence' compelling; the 'argument' fails because although 'some' gay Americans are opposed to equal protection rights for same-sex couples doesn't mean such opposition is justified, where as a fact of law it is not.

This thread fails as a hasty generalization fallacy.
How so?
"A hasty generalisation draws a general rule from a single, perhaps atypical, case."

Logical Fallacies Hasty Generalisation Fallacy

In this case a small number of gay persons opposed to allowing same-sex couples access to marriage law is not representative of all gay Americans, nor is the 'evidence' compelling; the 'argument' fails because although 'some' gay Americans are opposed to equal protection rights for same-sex couples doesn't mean such opposition is justified, where as a fact of law it is not.
Yet, our laws are meant to protect minorities, thus in your idea of how our Republic operates, the voice of a minority you wish to change laws in regards to, that minority voice is censored, blacked-out, ignored.

Further, how many gays believe as you state, if we look at how many applied to be married in california, it is a minority within the gay community.

So post some more. For every one gay you find opposed to marriage equality, I can find thousands for it.

Do you really think we won't get it 'cause one guy doesn't want to be married? Put down the crack pipe and jump on the train. Gay marriage has arrived!

Without us, you would not exist, and neither would the children you describe as throw aways.

Thank us anytime you like

Oh, and the opposite us not true

Without us, you would not exist, and neither would the children you describe as throw aways.

Creating them doesn't make the parent, raising them does. Were raising ours fine no matter how they were created.

We did just fine without you....:D

Of course there are gay Americans opposed to equal protection rights for same-sex couples, it goes to the humanity and diversity of gay Americans, that they are the same as everyone one else, and why it's wrong to seek to make them different from everyone else by denying them their civil liberties.

Creating them doesn't make the parent, raising them does. Were raising ours fine no matter how they were created.

Anyway you cut it, ya can't raise um till they're made.

^^^ ultimate truth^^^

We did just fine without you....:D

Impossible

Of course there are gay Americans opposed to equal protection rights for same-sex couples, it goes to the humanity and diversity of gay Americans, that they are the same as everyone one else, and why it's wrong to seek to make them different from everyone else by denying them their civil liberties.
Yes, Equal Protection. Homosexuals as individuals have equal protection, any gay man can marry any woman he chooses.

Everyone has that equal protection.

Now Activists wish to define two men as the same as a man and a woman. They are not the same, they can not do much that is the same as a man and a woman.

At the least a man and a man can not teach a child what a man and a woman teach children.

When you speak of equal protection you ignore the children and there rights for that same equal protection.

Orphaned children have the right to be in a family that is equal to the family that created them, a man and a woman.

Redefining marriage to describe all "civil units", as marriage denies orphaned children their respective rights.

Yes, Equal Protection. For the children.

^^^ ultimate truth^^^

And we do just fine at both, making and raising. Why do our families not deserve the same protections yours do, just because how they were created?

Yes, Equal Protection. Homosexuals as individuals have equal protection, any gay man can marry any woman he chooses.

Everyone has that equal protection.

You know...I've heard that argument before...now where did I hear that? Oh, yeah, I remember...

The fifth, and final, argument judges would use to justify miscegenation law was undoubtedly the most important; it used these claims that interracial marriage was unnatural and immoral to find a way around the Fourteenth Amendment's guarantee of "equal protection under the laws." How did judges do this? They insisted that because miscegenation laws punished both the black and white partners to an interracial marriage, they affected blacks and whites "equally."
Why the Ugly Rhetoric Against Gay Marriage Is Familiar to this Historian of Miscegenation

Aren't you comforted to know you're in such fine company?

Now Activists wish to define two men as the same as a man and a woman. They are not the same, they can not do much that is the same as a man and a woman.

At the least a man and a man can not teach a child what a man and a woman teach children.

Really? Care to give examples? Be specific about what you think that two men or two women cannot teach their children. It would also be helpful to back up your assertions with some actual data. Just an "FYI", unless you like being humiliated with facts and figures, I'd stay away from NARTH or Focus on the Family.

When you speak of equal protection you ignore the children and there rights for that same equal protection.

Orphaned children have the right to be in a family that is equal to the family that created them, a man and a woman.

Redefining marriage to describe all "civil units", as marriage denies orphaned children their respective rights.

Yes, Equal Protection. For the children.

Our families are equal and our children are doing just fine.

^^^ ultimate truth^^^

And we do just fine at both, making and raising. Why do our families not deserve the same protections yours do, just because how they were created?

Which does not dispute what I wrote.

The two demographic groups are vastly different.

Elektra's "but, but the children" argument...we've heard THAT before too...

People who engage in the sin of interracial marriage need to reflect upon the offspring they will parent. What race will these children identify with? We know of a child who asked her maternal grandmother when she would turn white like her. ... The above-mentioned child put powder all over herself one day, in an attempt to look like her mother. This, of course, did not work. It will never work, and this child will suffer for her mother's sin forever. (SaveYourHeritage.com)

It is clear from the most recent available evidence on the psycho-sociological aspect of this question that intermarried families are subjected to much greater pressures and problems then those of the intermarried and that the state's prohibition of interracial marriage for this reason stands on the same footing as the prohibition of polygamous marriage, or incestuous marriage or the prescription of minimum ages at which people may marry and the prevention of the marriage of people who are mentally incompetent.

Now if the state has an interest in marriage, if it has an interest in maximizing the number of stable marriages and in protecting the progeny of interracial marriages from these problems, then clearly. there is scientific evidence available that is so. It is not infrequent that the children of intermarried parents are referred to not merely as the children of intermarried parents but as the 'victims' of intermarried parents and as the 'martyrs' of intermarried parents.
R. D. McIlwaine III, Virginia Assistant Attorney General

^^^ ultimate truth^^^

Saying "they're different" doesn't make it so. Be specific Pops on these "differences". You're "straights gotta use birth control" doesn't cut it. I know lots of heterosexuals that don't and don't have children and I know lots of lesbians that have to use birth control. Try again, Poppy and be specific. Tell me what you perceive the difference is between my marriage and any other couple with children. Explain the difference between a childless gay couple and a childless straight couple. Be specific.

^^^ ultimate truth^^^

Saying "they're different" doesn't make it so. Be specific Pops on these "differences". You're "straights gotta use birth control" doesn't cut it. I know lots of heterosexuals that don't and don't have children and I know lots of lesbians that have to use birth control. Try again, Poppy and be specific. Tell me what you perceive the difference is between my marriage and any other couple with children. Explain the difference between a childless gay couple and a childless straight couple. Be specific.

And the lesbians use birth control for what purpose?

Go on

^^^ ultimate truth^^^

And the lesbians use birth control for what purpose?

Go on

Endometriosis, menstrual pain, regulation of the menstrual cycle and Polycystic Ovary Syndrome to name a few. I took birth control for the first time in my mid 30s and it was not to prevent contraception, but in order to prepare my body for implantation during Invitro fertilization.

Come on Pops, name these differences and be specific. Birth control isn't viable as an argument...in fact it's really silly.

Forum List

Back