Gays blaming blacks for gay marriage ban in California

I linked to the superintendent of schools earlier but here it is again

YouTube - Prop 8 has nothing to do with schools

Of course Prop 8 didn't have anything to do with schools. I think the contention was that gay marriage would be taught in schools if gay marriage is allowed to remain legal.

Here's where it says in no uncertain terms that parents can opt out (sorry for leaving that out).

15."Do parents and/or guardians need to be informed if their child is to receive sex education or HIV/STD instruction?

Yes. The law recognizes that while parents and guardians support the teaching of medically accurate, comprehensive sex education in schools, they have the ultimate responsibility for teaching their children about human sexuality; they may choose to withdraw their children from this instruction.

EC sections 51937 and 51938 explain that parents or guardians must be notified (passive consent) by the school at the beginning of the school year about planned comprehensive sexual health education and HIV/AIDS prevention education, be given an opportunity to review materials, and be given the opportunity to request in writing that their child not participate in the instruction."

Parents must be notified of any planned assessments, be given the opportunity to review the assessments and, in grades seven through twelve, and be given the opportunity to request in writing that their children not participate. Prior to seventh grade, parents must give their active consent in order for their child to participate.

Fair enough. There is still a problem. Those parents' tax dollars still go towards funding the school, and probably the sex-ed program, also. They still have the right to say what they want their tax dollars funding, even if they can opt their children out.

Frequently Asked Questions - Comprehensive Sexual Health & HIV/AIDS Instruction (CA Dept of Education)

I misread the part about it being only for middle schoolers, but it does say age appropriate and it only mentions respect for marriage will be taught.

Although I guess the burden of proof is on your side that it will be taught to elementary schoolers or kindergarteners. I haven't read anything official that would suggest this.

Depending on the school district and when they decide to teach it, sex ed can start in 5-6 grade. At least, where I'm from. Then again, it might be different in CA. since I don't know if their elementary schools still go to 6th grade, or even 7th grade.

Well, shit sac, there are more adulterers (that are hetero) than there are people who actually respect marriage. I gave you those examples to show that there are quite a few of your hetero heros that even though they say they respect it, they really don't.

Nope......not lazy assed at all......my FAMILY (not the school), taught me what marriage was supposed to be about by watching my grandparents, as my mother died when I was 8.

You apparently want the government to do all your thinking for you.

Good luck with the career as a sheep.

Uh, no fucking shit straight people cheat on their spouses. You want a cookie, bitch ass?

Oh please. I'm all for less government. I don't think schools should be teaching sex ed at all, and it's the liberals who want more of it, not conservatives.

I believe racists said the same thing about blacks marrying whites. I also believe that back during the civil rights movement, racists were able to use the bible to show why and where god does not approve of interacial marriage.

All that doesn't matter in America. As long as they aren't hurting anyone, they should be able to do it. As long as straight couples get the benefits, gay couples should too. And of course as long as it's not against the law. Is it? Is it illegal to be gay?

What you said is your opinion. So start arguing with facts. Or prove your claim. Because I think hetero couples are doing fine on their own ruining the sactity of marriage.

When the NAMBLAs of the world start demanding special rights, you'll pull these same bullshit quote out, dust them off and repost them in support of those sick fucks.

See Im not for gay marriage im against it. However, Gay Partnership or whatever else you want to name it thats not marriage is ok with me. The way I see it is if an EQUAL alternative is created we can protect the sanctity of marriage and allow the economic advantages to homosexual couples that are granted to heterosexual couples. You know kind of like NBA WNBA.

It's always about basketball with "you" people, isn't it?:lol::lol::lol:

There sure are a lot of avatars with cats on them. Jeez well, it is nice to see some people who still want marriage to stay traditional. They may flame a little more than me but I think their hearts are in the right place.

There sure are a lot of avatars with cats on them. Jeez well, it is nice to see some people who still want marriage to stay traditional. They may flame a little more than me but I think their hearts are in the right place.
If ive told these dumb idiots once, ive toldem a 100 times, homosexuality is nothing more than Societal Identity Theft (SIT) in any sense of the word period............

Of course Prop 8 didn't have anything to do with schools. I think the contention was that gay marriage would be taught in schools if gay marriage is allowed to remain legal.
the contention? you mean the big lie?

Fair enough. There is still a problem. Those parents' tax dollars still go towards funding the school, and probably the sex-ed program, also. They still have the right to say what they want their tax dollars funding, even if they can opt their children out.
People do have a right to say what they want about how tax dollars are spent, but using your logic the people who are anti war should do what? Some do not want their tax dollars being spent on war. Should we have a referendum on never going to war?

sounds crazy :)shadow:) but it isn't. public policy by referendum and ballot initiative is bad government.

people's tax dollars become government money when it enters the government fund. Every day people's tax dollars/government funds are used to pay for things individual tax payers disagree with.

when it comes to the gay marriage debate...
we'd have anarchy if we used a system/method of government that many people suggest.

Depending on the school district and when they decide to teach it, sex ed can start in 5-6 grade. At least, where I'm from. Then again, it might be different in CA. since I don't know if their elementary schools still go to 6th grade, or even 7th grade.

I don't have kids in schools...do I have a say?

Here in California, kids have been taught how to put condoms on cucumbers as early as 1st grade. That's truly important for our kids to know at that age don't you think?

I'll tell you what, I was taught in 5th grade. Way too soon. I have only heard stories of schools which have done it as early as first grade but now your boy Obama wants to the good times to roll even earlier.
Political Radar: Sex Ed for Kindergarteners 'Right Thing to Do,' Says Obama

AGE APPROPRIATE sex ed, if you read the article. That means good touch/bad touch when they're little, so they can avoid being victimized. Surely you couldn't object to that.

AGE APPROPRIATE sex ed, if you read the article. That means good touch/bad touch when they're little, so they can avoid being victimized. Surely you couldn't object to that.

oh no. I am worried about how he's going to respond to this.

Sex ed should be taught at home. I think kids are smart enough to already know what "good touch and bad touch" is by the time they are 5. "Age appropriate" is just a snaky way of expressing the desire to expose our kids to sex earlier and earlier. Just let them be kids for crying out loud.

Sex ed should be taught at home. I think kids are smart enough to already know what "good touch and bad touch" is by the time they are 5. "Age appropriate" is just a snaky way of expressing the desire to expose our kids to sex earlier and earlier. Just let them be kids for crying out loud.

Yes lawmakers and our future president have a desire to expose our kids to sex.

Come on I doubt even you seriously believe this.

Tis nothing but a laughably bad attempt at demonisation.

Really? Sex ed should be taught at home? What if you're living with the FLDS and Warren Jeffs' followers? Do you think that "bad touch" is taught like it should be? That particular little cult of Mormonism wouldn't be able to differentiate, and therefore, would not be qualified to teach sex ed at home.

Nor would most religions today, as they've been taken over by the fanatics. If you teach abstinence only, one of two things will happen.....either (a) the kids ignore it and get pregnant anyway, leading to overpopulation and crime, or (b) nobody has sex and the human race dies out.

When should sex education be taught? Probably at kindergarten/1st grade, as that is when most kids start playing "doctor". Incidentally, this is also a prime time to teach kids about "bad touch", as most children are molested between the ages of 8 and 13.

Really? Sex ed should be taught at home? What if you're living with the FLDS and Warren Jeffs' followers? Do you think that "bad touch" is taught like it should be? That particular little cult of Mormonism wouldn't be able to differentiate, and therefore, would not be qualified to teach sex ed at home.

Nor would most religions today, as they've been taken over by the fanatics. If you teach abstinence only, one of two things will happen.....either (a) the kids ignore it and get pregnant anyway, leading to overpopulation and crime, or (b) nobody has sex and the human race dies out.

When should sex education be taught? Probably at kindergarten/1st grade, as that is when most kids start playing "doctor". Incidentally, this is also a prime time to teach kids about "bad touch", as most children are molested between the ages of 8 and 13.

Just because sex ed SHOULD be taught properly at home, doesn't mean it always does. People will find out about sex anyway on their own when they want to. I just don't think we should force it on them when they don't even bring it up.

Forum List

Back